The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#141449 - 05/02/08 03:17 AM Re: Got the darn home page finished! [Re: meredithbead]
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
EW, can we talk about the clients that found you through the internet? What is the name of your site in English? Did you give a lot of thought to the name so that it would pop up when searched? What do you think?

#141450 - 05/03/08 06:43 PM Re: Got the darn home page finished! [Re: Princess Lenora]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Princess, My site's name isn't what brings the clients. It's the fact that I'm easily found. I'm right up there on top of the google list. So if anyone is looking for real-estate in the towns around me, they find me on top of the page. Your site’s tags are sooooooo important. Those are the words that customers type in to find the right real-estate agent.

#141451 - 05/04/08 12:30 AM Re: Need your opinion! Thanks! [Re: Edelweiss]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Edelweiss, This may sound strange, coming from an artist such as myself, but I would go with a realtor that is a "no junk," web site, the get to the point, professional looking, non musical type of site. I would take the purchase of my next home very seriously and would want to think of my realtor to be rich in experience and polished in presentation. I would want her to be sure footed and perfectly at home with things like numbers and facts.
I would like photos but not too many photos that are there just for decoration, more the classy photos as well, not the "homey," type of photos that one sees at times.

It is easy to put myself in this situation because I just got done working with a realtor and she was very pragmatic compared to me which worked rather well.

Buying a home, esp. now, well here in America, that is, is serious and a big step!

Just my own style,
Dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#141452 - 05/04/08 03:56 AM Re: Need your opinion! Thanks! [Re: dancer9]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
That is alot of work, Edelweiss. Hope you generate sales more painlessly if people can preview virtually.

Your site has a distinctly ..GERMAN feel. I can't explain it, Edelweiss. It shows that you have lived in Germany for many decades.

The whole feel reminds me of being in my partner's mother's homes over the past decade or so, when she was healthier and younger/living on her own. She did have contemporary taste..bauhuas and sleeker Scandinanvian look in furniture lines. Are you aiming towards a particular market in Germany?

I'm just responding in a gut feel kind of way.

#141453 - 05/04/08 05:02 PM Re: Need your opinion! Thanks! [Re: orchid]
Edelweiss Offline

Dancer, I certainly hope I misunderstood you, or are you calling my web site “Junk”?

I think many of my past clients, which include hotel owners, wellness spas, castles and senior residence landlords, would vehemently back me up in saying my personal and professional way to do business is why they granted me solo contracts in the first place.

When people look to buy a house, it is usually a happy occasion. And I like to mirror that feeling, instead of copying a cold financial bank site. My real-estate agency is not a franchise like Remax. And I’m no department store, offering thousands of real-estate sites. I like to think I’m like the personal boutique, with the personal service. In my 17 years of practicing real-estate; I’ve never been called unprofessional.

Of course I don’t expect everyone to like my site. You can’t argue about taste. Still it would have been nice if you were more tactful with your wording, instead of giving those under the belt blows.

#141454 - 05/04/08 06:28 PM Re: Need your opinion! Thanks! [Re: Edelweiss]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Edelweiss,
Certainly I was NOT calling your web site "junk!" I would never do that and I have not seen it!
I was speaking of a mythical web site that I made up in my mind and what I would want from it, as you asked! I am NOT a professional at ALL so far as what others would want and I would say I am the LAST person who would know what would appeal to others in a site like yours.

I'm so sorry if I mis-typed or gave such an impression and you must forgive me!

I am just not the type to be the critic when it comes to others tastes and I certainly don't have an idea what the normal public would respond to!

With warm regards,
Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#141455 - 05/05/08 03:10 AM Re: Need your opinion! Thanks! [Re: dancer9]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Edelweiss, your website is clearly more for family-oriented clients. Very different from the slick ads where there's this gorgeous couple and women is wearing a satin dress.. those depictions of people amuse me.

#141456 - 05/05/08 03:45 AM Re: Need your opinion! Thanks! [Re: orchid]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
http://d95182.bc51.boschelhosting.com/fo...part=2&vc=1

Quote:

Got the darn home page finished! [Re: Edelweiss]
#153375 - Fri Apr 25 2008 03:35 PM (84.155.210.62) Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

Well get out the champagne glasses! I’m finally finished with my homepage. It was a long hard process. Never thought it could be so complicated. Now that that is over, the REAL work begins.

If you would like to take a look, the web address is:

www.immobilien-schwarz.de

I don’t have too many homes to sell…but I hope that will change soon.

Is it possible someone read the initial post and skimmed through the rest of the thread, or didn't read it at all, either way not giving the site,
www.immobilien-schwarz.de , a look-see , before interjecting comments?

#141457 - 05/05/08 06:30 AM Re: Need your opinion! Thanks! [Re: gims]
Edelweiss Offline

Hi Gims and thank you. I think you helped clarify this misunderstanding.

Although you didn’t look at my site, Dancer, you described it pretty well, as one of those junk sites with music backgrounds and such.

But no matter, I took it the wrong way I guess. And I’m sorry as well for jumping to conclusions.

Shake hands? All is well with the world.

Orchid, I sell commercial real-estate as well. Hey, I’d sell an outhouse if you gave it to me.

#141458 - 05/05/08 09:31 AM Re: Need your opinion! Thanks! [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I think that's what happens sometimes. People don't take the time to look before commenting on something. Your website, dear Edelweiss, is a true class act and you should be very happy and proud of it! I've bookmarked it so my hubby can take a look. I told him it would soothe his Germany yearning and home sickness....or make it worse! Again, great job!!

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved