The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#141459 - 05/05/08 08:35 PM Re: Need your opinion! Thanks! [Re: ladyjane]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
It all boils down to the business the site generates, thats the bottom line with any website. If it brings in business who cares if it has purple cows dancing to Old Mac Donald.
LOL!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#141460 - 05/06/08 01:02 AM Re: Need your opinion! Thanks! [Re: Edelweiss]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Yes, Edelweiss, let us be friends. I thought your question was "what would YOU respond to in a site," and I answered that.
Again, I am by NO means the pro on what people respond to when it comes to real estate, it is just not my business or something I know much about.
I'm SURE you know FAR more about what people respond to with regard to the subject than I ever will!
Your site is lovely. If I had known you wanted YOUR site checked, I would have looked at that!

Thank you for letting this misunderstanding go. I will read more clearly next time I answer a post.

My own site is not what my peers would put up at all. It is lame in many ways according to them but I stick to my guns. ( I have to build it again, I got "hacked."

You know best,

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#141461 - 05/06/08 01:09 AM Re: Need your opinion! Thanks! [Re: gims]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
The page is lovely. I love the colors.

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#141462 - 05/06/08 06:55 AM Re: Need your opinion! Thanks! [Re: dancer9]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Hi Dancer,
Just want to say I feel relieved and happy that the misunderstanding has been cleared up.

I reread your post, and of course it sheds a different light, knowing now that you hadn’t been referring to my web site. Actually your opinion about a no-nonsense website is the true professional style. I had to do a lot of arguing with my computer guro to allow my personality to shine through. So you aren’t alone in this opinion.

Don’t you just love making up. Hugs to you my friend
Edelweiss

#141463 - 05/06/08 10:06 PM Re: Need your opinion! Thanks! [Re: Edelweiss]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Dancer, I'm glad you finally got your site back up again! Hackers are such idiots.

Poet and essayist

#180681 - 04/22/09 09:16 PM Re: Got the darn home page finished! [Re: humlan]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Well I am proud to say that after this loooooong trying period....my site is finally finished. My first computer guru made so many mistakes. The site was incompatible and a disaster area. I couldn't install any slide shows never mind movies. So I dug deep in my purse, and the last two months had it redone. I learned the web designing ropes again, and am proud to say I have been putting in the movies and slide shows, and can do it all by my “wee” self. Let me tell you...that is brain jogging! My new computer friend said he never had a pupil that learned so quickly. I was so fed up with having to relearn, because my first computer web site designer didn’t really have much of a clue. I’m so happy that this epoch is over with. Now I can finally start with the business of selling.

Just a warning to anyone considering having a website done. There are thousands out there that claim they are website designers; people who just scrape the surface of this complicated profession. Maybe I could sue the first designer for wasting my time and money, but I just want to move on; and I sure have learned from this expensive lesson. I should never have hired a web designer without someone first personally recommending him or her to me.

If interested you can take a look. www.immobilien-schwarz.de Click on OBJEKTE to see the listings.

I created a presentation for our house too,…just to show sellers what I could do with theirs. You have to wait about a minute for the slide show to start, and turn up your volume!

Anyone else have a neat website they want to show off?

#180705 - 04/23/09 07:33 AM Re: Got the darn home page finished! [Re: Edelweiss3]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

I love your choice of music, and great visuals! Your websites always are wonderful!

Poet and essayist

#180741 - 04/23/09 05:52 PM Re: Got the darn home page finished! [Re: meredithbead]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Thanks Meredith. Did you create your website yourself? How about adding pictures. Do you do that yourself? Your site looks very proffesional. How often do you change the pictures? I just LOVE the turquis necklace, no wonder it won frist prize!

#180775 - 04/24/09 12:30 PM Re: Got the darn home page finished! [Re: Edelweiss3]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
You really did a bang up job, EW...very impressive. The music is fab, soothing, and makes the stay there enjoyable. I love how all of the houses and neighborhoods look so clean and fresh. I would love to visit there someday.

Great job!

#181004 - 04/28/09 05:31 AM Re: Got the darn home page finished! [Re: jawjaw]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Edelweiss, thank you! I do all my websites, but use pre-loaded software templates. I don't know html.

I put in maybe 50 new pictures so far in 2009, spread among all the different sites. I removed maybe 40 pics, items either sold or too old.

Right now I'm concentrating on making pieces for Mothers Day fairs, so no time for websites. Maybe June-July I'll add a bunch of new pics, as there are at least 40 more that need to go! shocked

Poet and essayist

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved