The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 190 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#142080 - 02/12/08 07:57 PM I need some Help Please
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Please bear with me. My stepdaughter, who I love like my own, is now in the hospital for the third time due to emotional problems. She asked to go, was threatening suicide, and her husband didn't know what to do. I don't know what to do either. There are 5 children involved, 3 of them are hers and would be up for grabs if she is committed, separated, or finally follows through on her threats. I really need someone to talk me through this and help me see what the right thing is for me to do. I would prefer to do it by IM Chat with yahoo, or by email. I just don't know what to do, but I swore, those kids will not go to their natural dad, or her "real" mother cause they are both nutcases too! If anyone is willing to be my sounding board, please send me a message. I am desparate, can't talk to my husband, it's his daughter and he feels guilty and just wishes she would grow up! He also feels bad because of the stress that this puts me under too. Thanks Boomer sisters.
www.christianstoryteller.com

#142081 - 02/12/08 08:25 PM Re: I need some Help Please [Re: Sherri]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Anytime, Sherri. I PM'd you.

#142083 - 02/12/08 09:03 PM Re: I need some Help Please [Re: ]
Sherri Offline

Thanks Anne, I appreicate all prayers!

#142084 - 02/12/08 10:07 PM Re: I need some Help Please [Re: Sherri]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sherri, this is the third time in what period of time? That might help us with our thoughts. And who has the children now?

By the grace of God, she recognizes she needs help. Let's pray she gets the help she needs ASAP.

#142085 - 02/12/08 10:37 PM Re: I need some Help Please
Sherri Offline

This is the third time since October. Katlin is 6, Hunter is 5, and Kenzie is 3. Luke's are 10 and their baby is 5 months old. Each time she says she needs time alone, and she is having suicidal thoughts. Soooo....She went to a different hospital this time that is a lot stricter than the one here in our town...she was strip searched, everyone is on lock down, and she had a camera on her at all times. I hope she recognizes what is happening. She will go to a Dr. or counselor until they tell her something she doesn't want to hear, then she wnats to change and find someone else. She doesn't want to hear that she may be wrong at all. She got mad at me the other day because I wouldn't think like her, just because her husband let his employees tint his hair pink because they made their goal. I told her there were just too many more important things in this world to worry about and just laughed. She wouldn't talk to me for 2 days! Oh well, her Dad has told her to grow up, that life wasn't just all about her. I just don't know what to do any more, what to say, or what to do about the kids. Thanks for keeping her and us in your prayers.

#142087 - 02/13/08 07:12 PM Re: I need some Help Please [Re: ]
Sherri Offline

She chose this particular facility cause she didn't feel she was getting the help she needed in town. When she saw how much different it was, then she wanted to go home. I talked to her husband today and he said they have adjusted her meds again, and they are going to keep her for another day or two. He said she sounds better and is very contrite that she brought this stress on those who loves her. She said she had been trying to stop smoking and was using chantix? which is advertised to help smokers. So, we'll see what happens in the next six weeks.

A BIG thank you to LadyJane for emailing me and chatting with me, just to help me get my own head on straight! You don't know how much it has helped!

#142088 - 03/13/08 02:12 PM Re: I need some Help Please [Re: Sherri]
monica2008 Offline

As you all are much aware about the effectiveness of 'Yoga' and also practice it regularly, so I want to share a site with you all. When going the alternative medicine route one is often left to research and experiment to find the right products and resources. Here is a new site that is beginning to gather all the resources in one place. You can research conditions for various therapeutic modes, including Ayurvedic medicine, and get information about the effectiveness of therapies and remedies. The site is also a launching point for researching integrated alternative medicine therapies on the web. Go to http://www.rvita.com . Hope it will help you to gather more knowledge about 'Yoga' and other things.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved