The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 132 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#144616 - 07/26/08 12:25 PM Re: Latest Sad Scoop [Re: Mountain Ash]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Edelweiss, please excuse me, yet I fell that your DIL is being selfish. I firmly believe that a child learns about how to treat and be treated by the opposite sex from their parents, most specifically the father. A young child watchs how a father treats their mother; thus, a young girl will learn what to expect from a man, and likewise a young boy will learn how to treat a woman when they become adults. Here, with an AWOL mother a young girl may realize that the mother is more important than the child. I'm thankful for her wonderful grandparents!

#144617 - 07/26/08 10:05 PM Re: Latest Sad Scoop [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Edelweiss whatever you have to do to get that adorable child away from her so 'incubator,' she does not deserve the term mother used when speaking of her, all she did was have the child and I bet it wasn't her idea either. Anyway just make sure its done legally and iron clad, so she can't slither in later and upset the apple cart yet again.
You will be missed but good for you wanting to spend more time with Mr., sometimes they are left out when not meaning to. Give him a high five and a hug from me...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#144618 - 07/27/08 01:23 AM Re: Latest Sad Scoop [Re: Edelweiss]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Anaiya has YOU and your husband as her gaurdian angels and it's as real as it gets, Edelweiss.
Those of us, Mountain Ash and I, for example, know what you are doing is very, very special.
Yes, grandparents take care of their grandkids all the time, even raise them,
But you are giving her a LIFE,

Dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#144619 - 07/28/08 01:34 PM Re: Latest Sad Scoop [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
dancer, thanks so much forharing these parts of your self with EW during this most confusing time. Your comments about your grandfather were so moving. I'm sure EW understand the impact she and her hubby are having/will have on Anaiya. Your grandfather sounds like he was ahead of his time. What a loving soul.

EW, what's going to be interesting is wehn your DIL's friends move on after the Olympics and she's left behind. Where will she turn?

Embrace that hubby of yours from all us boomer women. You are wise to stay focused on your relationship with him!

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved