The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 157 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#14593 - 07/22/04 02:48 PM Re: rob
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
[Smile] what a sweet thing to say -- thank you [Smile]

I just wish it was a story that didn't need to be shared --

and I wonder -- is it natural to miss him more NOW than in the beginning ??? cuz I sure do !!!

#14594 - 07/23/04 04:20 AM Re: rob
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Lionspaaw, whos to say when we should miss someone more, in the beginning , middle or end of their absence from our lives? As his mom who's heart and mind remembers all the things he was to you in his infancy and early years and later years, their are no memories that are absent. Missing is the only way of loving when someone is gone from the present. So miss him as you will, whenever you will as I'm sure he misses you wherever he is....God Bless you.

#14595 - 07/23/04 08:32 AM Re: rob
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Lionspaw,
I agree with Chatty. I think its natural whenever it happens to miss them. On a personal note they say I delayed my grief for my father because I was taking care of my mother so much. I didn't let myself grieve. There have been times I have really missed him even this week while spending time with my aunt his sister. We both missed him. I know yours is different but hope this helps.
Maggie

#14596 - 07/23/04 06:40 PM Re: rob
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Lionspaw: I'm not sure that we ever stop missing a loved one. I lost my dad at my age of seven. It's been over 30 yrs... I still miss him!

#14597 - 07/25/04 02:00 AM Re: rob
lionspaaw Offline

---- Missing is the only way of loving when someone is gone from the present ----

That's really a nice way of looking at things [Smile]

I really don't think there is a "difference" when you have lost someone you love. I never have thought that I hurt more than someone else -- cuz everyone's loss is just as hurtful to THEM --

I think I miss him so much because of my insecurity right now -- starting a new life and profession - Rob was always my biggest fan -- he knew exactly what to say to give me the confidence to keep on keeping on -- he was my best friend and now I have to learn to trust myself -- not an easy task !!

but i feel him patting me on the shoulder and saying "its okay mom" "you'll do just fine" "just remember I love you" and it gives me the confidence to walk out my front door [Smile]

THANK YOU LADIES for all your thoughts -- I truly do appreciate all of you [Big Grin]

#14598 - 07/28/04 04:27 PM Re: rob
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
quote:
Originally posted by lionspaaw:
----
I think I miss him so much because of my insecurity right now -- starting a new life and profession - Rob was always my biggest fan -- he knew exactly what to say to give me the confidence to keep on keeping on -- he was my best friend and now I have to learn to trust myself -- not an easy task !!

but i feel him patting me on the shoulder and saying "its okay mom" "you'll do just fine" "just remember I love you" and it gives me the confidence to walk out my front door [Smile]

[Big Grin]

Lion, I can totally relate to your post about Rob being one of your cheerleaders. Mom was the same for me. Fortunately, we communicated enough through the years that I still hear her words. Sounds like you and Rob did the same.

My heart aches for you. Remember, God comforts those who mourn regardless of how long ago our loved one crossed over to the better place! I'm certain you find peace in knowing Rob's AT PEACE.

#14599 - 07/28/04 05:19 PM Re: rob
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Funny this post should be brought up again on this particular morning. I too am still in mourning for Daddy, and cried myself to sleep last night. It was one of those days of missing him, yet feeling his presence. He was my own personal cheerleader as well, and my best friend. I still can't believe he is gone. It's surreal.

I will just have to fill up that empty space with new and powerful friendships... Yuhooo...gurlssss...

#14600 - 07/29/04 12:56 AM Re: rob
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Ok, were here for you!! I too feel mom cheering me on sometimes with the you can do it, or go ahead when the insecurities set in.
Yes JJ, I remember the gap and still have it so know were here for you.
Maggie

#14601 - 07/29/04 02:29 AM Re: rob
lionspaaw Offline

((((( JJ )))))

i'm sorry you had a sad night [Frown]

since both my parents are still alive, i can't relate to the loss of a parent like you ladies have -- but my hubby's parents passed away back in the early 1980's and he still has sad nights every once and awhile

i find it interesting the different ways we all feel about the same emotion -- loss

theres no comparing the loss of a parent to the loss of a child because one is the emotion felt as the PARENT and one is the emotion felt as the CHILD ---- and i dont think you can put an age limit on the way a child reacts to the loss of a parent

(and yes, i do find great comfort in knowing my child is at peace [Smile] )

#14602 - 07/29/04 04:01 AM Re: rob
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I totally agree with you Carolyn and quite honestly, if I didn't have this safe habor, I think sometimes I would grieve myself to death.

But...life is for the living and we must make them proud of us, eh?

Thanks Maggie, and everyone else. You are all so dear. There just aren't words!

JJ

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved