The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 190 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#150614 - 06/22/08 09:51 PM Re: "Special" [Re: Dee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Rub her down with a dryer sheet. It should help calm her.

#150615 - 06/22/08 10:35 PM Re: "Special" [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Dee, here is a page of something called Canine Lullabies. It was developed by this guy who graduated from my high school. Pretty cool! Watch the video if you get the chance.

http://www.caninelullabies.com/?q=movie

#150616 - 06/23/08 10:42 PM Re: "Special" [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thats a pitiful a shame. Couldn't you have Larry or someone build her some sort of shelter from the storms. This fear is not to be taken lightly, she could die from the fright or she could just bolt (run and run) and never be seen again. An animals fear is usually for a good reason and needs to be addressed A.S.A.P. Remember they feel things
much deeper than we do, they just can't made themslves heard... Her gnawing the door is a CRY for help!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#150617 - 06/24/08 08:32 AM Re: "Special" [Re: chatty lady]
Mountain Ash Offline

We bought a little hutch type home for the stray I am feeding and although she avoids it its there if she is caught in the wind and wet.We have an out building she shows interest in.as of now she wont go in.
She triend to paw the hutch..like it was seen but she was thinking
" No Not on your nelly..I am a stray."
It has a walkway and its nicely made.windproof and I have a cushion inside.
The kitty continues to stay around.she is loving the summer..loves my daughter and she allows her to pet her.Her coat is silky now and this preference for my daughter is a family joke.She waits for her car..If we are both there kitty jumps from me..yet I see to her every need.She will enter my porch and kitchen threshhold when I entice her with chicken..I suspect her right eye is poor..so no wonder she is wary.I just love her presence.After having house cats of great worth and love this little cheeky stray has taught me lots.That its on her terms..and that she has this right.Considering her initial visits were at a distance she is now much more friendly.She is plumper and clean..she loves my flower beds and shrubs..lays in all the sun traps.
I appreciate that she came here.

Mountain ash

#150618 - 06/26/08 01:41 AM Re: "Special" [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dee Offline

For some reason I thought I'd answered this...but, I guess it didn't take.
JJ...what does a dryer sheet do? The web site on the lullaby's was adorable...I don't think it would phase Molly when she's outside freaking out.
chatty...Larry and I bought Molly a large dog house that we keep on the carport near the backdoor...it stays dry and is out of the elements. She jsut doens't like being anywhere except near me when it's storming. The day we found her hiding in our shed it was storming...she's just one of those dogs that is scared of thunder. We know before a storm hits because she'll start drooling, shaking and pacing. We really don't have any other recourse but to make her stay outside...I keep an eye one her and go outside and pet her and talk to her and reassure her she's okay.

MA...does your stray have a name? It's so sweet how it's slowly trusting you and coming in...that says a lot about you. I love cats and miss having them...you're an angel for caring for this little cat who loves your flower beds and sun traps...send us a pic.

#150619 - 06/26/08 01:35 PM Re: "Special" [Re: Dee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Dee,
I had read somewhere that rubbing them down good with a dryer sheet had something to do with the lightening and that is was the way it made their skin "crawl" so to speak. Rubbing them down with a dryer sheet prevented this action.

I know it has helped with Trixie. That's all I can tell ya. I don't know where I read it. Sorry!

#150620 - 06/26/08 01:36 PM Re: "Special" [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
JJ, I just listened to utube, and I immediately stopped chewing my slipper. Seriously, it is amazing! I would try it Dee.

#150621 - 06/26/08 02:19 PM Re: "Special" [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

What's a slipper? You Cinderella? Ohhhh...you mean houseshoe! Gotcha...teehee.

#150622 - 06/26/08 08:44 PM Re: "Special" [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
JJ the dryer sheet definitely works, has something to do with the static electricity in the air due to the storm near by.

Dee you might ask your vet for a "calmer down" for Molly that you can give her before a storm. Kind of like a tranquilizer but not nearly as strong... I have to give Reeta one before she goes in the car, or she becomes combative and bites anything or anyone...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#150623 - 06/26/08 10:11 PM Re: "Special" [Re: chatty lady]
chickadee Offline

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved