The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 99 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#151040 - 07/03/08 07:45 PM Re: memories of summer [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lola, you must have been a wild thing. Are you still wild?

EW, does your mom recall that time? It would be fun to ask her if she remembers. Parents love talking about old times.

jabber, another 11 year-old wild thing. You girls started young!

gims, you referred to them as crushes. Boy does that term take me back. I was probably around 11 when we had twin, blondes living up the street. They were a little off the beaten path from my friends, but my girlfriend and I would walk back and forth in front of their home just waiting for them to come outside. They were a little older and probably never even knew who we were, but we both had major crushes on them.

jabber, chatty used to tell us all about her cooking escapades and how she shared her food with her neighbors. Oh how I wish she was my neighbor! Will you share your sauce recipe in the recipe section , or is it a family secret?

#151041 - 07/03/08 08:06 PM Re: memories of summer
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Do you mean me or Jabber, Dotsie? Which sauce recipe? Spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce or white sauce?
Yep Jabber, I could actually be a chef if I wanted too but too much work in hot kitchens for this old gal...

Edited by chatty lady (07/03/08 08:09 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#151042 - 07/04/08 10:36 AM Re: memories of summer [Re: chatty lady]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Those were the days, Dotsie. Those were the days ...to be 13 again in the summer of '69. Spent the entire season in California with cousins who, like me, attended all girls schools. Once out...boys were prey. For a short while that is...until one found out boys of 13 were so silly. First date with David was a burger and milkshake affair. Geesh, we sat there for like foreveeeer because the boy did not have enough money to pay for the meal. Had to phone his Mom who came to his rescue. It was a turn off for my 13-year old hippie wannabe ego. Then Lenny had clammy hands. That was it! I became fixated on Robert Plant of Led Zep thereafter...a more mature and cool cat. who, in his lifetime, will never know he was once engaged to a 13-year old.

BTW. After 34 years, David and I met again when he visited London in 2003 and is still a funny chap, as is his wife. I outgrew him though, as he stopped growing at 5'4". Lenny attended my nephew's wedding a few months back. Now, he shot up to 6'6". As it turns out he married into my cousin's in-laws. Small world, huh?

#151043 - 07/04/08 11:51 AM Re: memories of summer [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I thought you were going to say you had to do some dishes! Funny, the things we remember.

I'm calling Robert to tell him all about you!

#151044 - 07/04/08 01:33 PM Re: memories of summer
Lola Offline

Quote:

Funny, the things we remember

And in the interim, I cannot remember whether or not I had taken one of my medications for the day. Go figure.

#151045 - 07/04/08 05:51 PM Re: memories of summer [Re: Lola]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Gotta share something a bit funny that happened to my partner´s colleague. 2 guys/colleagues from my partner´s job went to a concert by the Zeplin group. Their boss and female colleague had to miss the concert due to personal reasons..but she is a GREAT Zeplin fan. So..one of these guys has worked as a guard at alot of concerts and so he knows alot of the singers and groups personally (like Bob Dylan, James Hatfield and Co, Bono..etc etc). So he got himself and his buddy into the backstage where they met up with Robert Plant. When the guys told him about their boss, Robert said..Call her on her cell and I´ll talk to her! And they did..the only trouble is she didn´t take the call..you know..how we sometimes do when we don´t want to talk?? She has been kidded about that since..she didn´t take a call from Robert Plant..etc etc

#151046 - 07/04/08 06:08 PM Re: memories of summer [Re: humlan]
Lola Offline

OH MY GOSH!!! He ought to have phoooooooned meeeeeeeee!!!

#151047 - 07/04/08 09:13 PM Re: memories of summer [Re: Lola]
Mountain Ash Offline

The boys I grew up with were friends.Being a Boomer in UK meant classes were full.42 or 44 per class.So we girls had plenty of choice.
But they were too close to have a crush on..Thinking back it was a pity because some of the lads were sweeties.One in particular was a dancing partner and in other circumstances we might have been close.I think I wanted a bigger gene pool...(not wittingly)

So..... the farm boy Tam
One long summer my relatives left my Grandparents and I in charge of the farm.I was never bored..very happy indeed.Fed the chickens the cats/kittens watered the plants and looked out at Tam.
In order to try to get his attention I would hide his bicycle.Never owning up but wanted him to ring the doorbell to ask...he never did.I must have been a real pain.
I have wondered what on earth was going on in my head to do this.He must have been tired after a days toil but some little monkey sat on my shoulder whispering what tricks to do that summer.
If he had called I likely would have taken cold feet.
Such is the folly of youth.
I have never knowingly been that unkind to anyone since...
Mountain ash

#151048 - 07/05/08 07:35 PM Re: memories of summer [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

humlan, I wonder what the screen said when he called... You know how it usually has the person's name on it? Don't you think she would have seen that and picked up?

MA, if hiding someone's bike to get their attention is the worse thing you've ever done to be unkind, I surely wouldn't worry!

#151049 - 07/06/08 09:11 AM Re: memories of summer
Mountain Ash Offline

Yes Dotsie but it was a cruel way to seek attention.He had miles to cycle home and have his meal.
Made me realise later ( much later) that hormones and lonelieness for friends (the farm was way from town) make people act differently.At home I would have been playing tennis and mixing.Often in a book or film I see similar behaviour. Indeed in school I worked with staff to hep a girl who was fixated one one boy.He was really nice popular handsome and she developed a crush of huge proportion.Even removing his tshirts from his parents washing line.Stalking him to some level.When we worked with her it transpired all she did was school/home tv..I took her walking and talking and what unfolded was a sad empty life.Yet when we ventured into speaking about him she shone brightly.Some of my collegues were angry and mystified at her..I saw the deeper story. A healthy life work balance is needed for all

Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved