The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#15138 - 06/14/05 08:22 PM Anniversary
writegirl1949 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Being home all day without a calendar directly in front of me, I easily forget the date. As I was just posting I realized that 2 years ago my step-dad went Home to be with the Lord and my mom. I was here in Germany and although we knew he had cancer and was terminal, he died more quickly than expected. When I left for Germany, he said I'll see you at home when you get back. I think we both know which home he was talking about.

He was more of a father than my biological father who died when I was 19. And I miss him.

I miss the things he would be so enjoying right now ... his great-granddaughter involved in softball. Both he and my mom would've been at her games (which would've been doubly great since I can't be) and they'd be yellin' and hollarin' for her. I miss the fact that neither he nor my mom will see my book published ... but they always believed in me and they would be so proud. There's much I miss about their absence but I thank God I'll see them again.

Blessings, Francine

#15139 - 06/14/05 11:38 PM Re: Anniversary
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I have the belief that they know what's going on in our lives, even though they have passed. I believe they help us, like angels. It has helped me to feel this way.

I know your sadness however. I'm happy you had a stepfather that loved you so much.

#15140 - 06/15/05 04:17 AM Re: Anniversary
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Dianne is Sooooo right -- they are watching everything that's going on in your life -- in their great-granddaughter's life

I wish I had the words to explain to people how to "see" their angels -- they're just on a different plane than we're on -- you just have to BELIEVE -- just like you believed in fairies and elves when you were a child

Instead of wishing they had lived long enough to see your book published -- why not believe that it's BECAUSE of them your book was published ???

because the "old" passed on -- they made room for the "new" to be born -- so i'm positive they knew about their great-granddaughter even before you did ;-)

people believe in heaven - believe in angels - yet they refuse to SEE them in our everyday life -
they walk out their front door in the morning, lock the door, walk to their car, get in, start it up, drive to work --

i walk out my front door, after telling my "babies" (my 3 dogs and bird) that i love them and to be good girls and i'll see them at lunch, stop and talk to the lizard sitting on my plant stand -- and yes, they will stop and listen to you -- check to see if there are any new caterpillars on my tree so i can count the days before the butterfly coccoon is made, check the older gentleman across the street's house to make sure he woke up this morning and opened his curtains, enjoy the formations of the clouds -- even if they are rain clouds -- and talk with my angel -- with my son -- on the way to work

and i am rewarded daily with the knowledge that my loved ones that went home before me are watching over me [Big Grin]

#15141 - 06/15/05 04:47 AM Re: Anniversary
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Several weeks ago, a woman posted about her book that was coming out and I ordered it.

The Self-Full Life by Peg Abernathy

I've read it twice. It is the most pure, real and sweet story I've ever read on life after death. She has spent years, writing it and it shows.

I know there are a lot of books on this topic and I've read most of them but this one...something is different about it. There is no ego in there, no story telling...just truth, in love. I'm so amazed by it.

If I could, I'd order a copy for all of you. She's an amazing, loving, God seeking woman. She and her book have made me want to get back to a place where I was before The World kicked in and caused pain a few years ago.

Lionspaaw, I think you would deeply appreciate this book. Heck, I think all of you would. I can't say enough good things about it.

I'll try to find the link and post it here.

#15142 - 06/15/05 04:50 AM Re: Anniversary
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

#15143 - 06/15/05 05:32 AM Re: Anniversary
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
thanks Dianne -- i read what she posted on her website and it sounds like something i would enjoy reading ;-)

#15144 - 06/18/05 02:47 AM Re: Anniversary
writegirl1949 Offline

Thank you all for our words of encouragement.

I just got back from the 3 day trip down to Garmisch and the best part of the whole thing was the lovely time spent with my husband. We're coming up on our 25th anniversary next year ... both divorced once from bad spouses. Anyway, sometimes I think we almost act like newlyweds. It wasn't always that way but God worked in an awesome way to heal our love.

It just serves as a reminder to live and love as much as we can on this plane even though we'll be reunited on the other side. My husband and I didn't marry for life ... we married for eternity.

Still, there are times when we just miss the presence of those who've left us and nothing can replace their hugs, smiles and hearing them call your name. Still, God is good and life is full of blessings if you know where to look.

By the way, lionspaww, I love my lizards back in Arizona ... along with my little horny toads, quail and roadrunners. Over here I'm blessed when my little hedgehog trundles into my yard or the songbird sings me an opera like no other.

We can so easily take life for granted.

I, for one, am so thankful for this site and all of you ... your caring and warm hearts.

Hugs and blessings, Francine

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved