The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 140 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#15168 - 07/27/05 06:10 PM Re: Saying goodbye -- again
writegirl1949 Offline

Loc: Arizona
You know, it's hard to think about these things happening. Because you always think you won't face it. But the truly awesome thing about God is that He does give you peace during these heartaches. It's like when my husband had a major heart attack, was med-evaced up to Tucson and then 2 days later taken to surgery for openheart surgery before I could make the 70 mile drive to the hospital. If you would've told me ahead of time that I would've had a sense of peace about all that I would have said ... right, and pigs fly. But its true. And it was the same with my Mom.

I think the important lesson is to cherish every day with those we love and live life in the present. That's been a very hard lesson for me ... one I'm still learning.

Thank you all so much for your heartfelt comments and your tender compassion. It's people like you who help when we do face loss.

Blessings, Francine

#15169 - 07/28/05 07:09 AM Re: Saying goodbye -- again
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Smile, I totally agree with Francine regarding cherishing every day those we love. I remember a couple of years ago, my mom was in the hospital, in P.R. My twin sister is the only one living in P.R. and she was so concerned of what would happen to mom and the results of her tests. She could not stand the thought of loosing mom. She used to call me and cry and wonder.

When I told her she was needlessly suffering ahead of time, her attitude changed and she was able to focus in what mom needed at the time. It's in times like those when we need to trust even more in the Lord and live one day at a time. God didn't promise a life without sorrows or difficulties, he promised to be with us each step ofthe way, regardless of what the road brings. That is a comfort for me each and every day.

For now, I just try to make mom feel very special each and every time I talk, write, see her. And I give her all my love! The rest, as hard as it may be, is in the hands of my loving heavenly Father.

And those tests my sister dreaded? They came out
negative! Praise the Lord!

[ July 27, 2005, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: Songbird ]

#15170 - 07/28/05 02:20 PM Re: Saying goodbye -- again
writegirl1949 Offline

Our God truly is an awesome God.

As I mentioned in my first post, this final inheritance came at a time when we were struggling financially. But I'd like to share the rest of the story [Smile]

I've been waiting for my book to be published with a small publisher back in Arizona. It's been a long process but the plan was for the book to be published the end of July and I would return in September for the booksigning. Because of the nature of the book, I planned some concentrated marketing in Arizona and possibly California, New Mexico, and Texas. Well, it won't be out by the end of the month. The publisher had some health issues and, thankfully, she's recovering. There were also some problems with the cover art.

We have an authors' group and our publisher sent out an email telling everyone goodbye as she was leaving on her trip to Ireland (which I knew of so her leaving wasn't a surprise) -- but I haven't even seen galley proofs yet.

And then I received an email regarding the booksigning from the coordinator (who would also be handling any important issues while the publisher was gone). So, I emailed her with various questions. After that, I just began praying. I know God wants this book published and so I did something I normally don't do -- specific prayer for myself. And then, I left it with God and seemed to be overflowing with joy.

The book will be out for the booksigning ... my publisher has taken it with her and will be working on it while she's on vacation.

Because I will be going back to promote the book, my husband and I feel comfortable with spending the money AND, not only will I hold my book in my hands for the very first time, more importantly I'll see my grandchildren, my daughter, and my family.

I'm in tears as I write this ... knowing my Mom had a hand (along with God) for making a way when there seemed to be no way.

I pray that this proof of God's control of everything might bless others.

With gratitude, Francine

#15171 - 07/29/05 07:11 AM Re: Saying goodbye -- again
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I'd say you have two powerful guiding angels. What a beautiful, inspiring story.

#15172 - 07/29/05 02:43 PM Re: Saying goodbye -- again
writegirl1949 Offline

Thanks, Dianne.

This is why this site is so special ... even though I'm so far from home and familiar things, I feel connected and not so alone.

Blessings, Francine

#15173 - 07/29/05 05:42 PM Re: Saying goodbye -- again
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Francine, thanks for sharing so many stories revolving around this final check. I brings me tremendous joy when others recognize God's grace so intimately. I'm sprinkling blessings on you for your arrival in the states. When is that?

Lion, I don't know how you keep from holding that ponytail every day. But I'm glad you don't because I'm sure you could get stuck in your grief. Your strength amazes me. And you are always so kind to others who are grieving. You have such a compassionate soul.

chatty and smile, cherish every moment with your moms. Also, you might want to jot down questions to ask them when you are in their presence, or on the phone. I can't tell you how often I have a question for Mom about herself, the family, her childhood, raising teens. It's so hard. But the funny is that I usually know what most of her answers would be unless it involves history of the family.

song, you've got it together girlfriend!

Eagle, I can totally relate to the clothes memories. When Mom died all the kids got together and divvied up her belongings. I have several of her jammies boxed in the attic. I also have a black hat of hers that sits on the top shelf in my closet, and never get smashed (I won't let it). It brings a smile to my face when I see it because we have this awesome picture of her in it with a huge smile even though she was enduring chemo and radiation at the time.

Optimum, I love the idea of placin gi tin the Bible. Beautiful.

Sand, would you ever spray alittle Charlie on the scarf and seal it up again?

Just last week I was behind a women who looked to be in her 70's at the food store. She smelled so good, I had to smile and tell her so. Right before I opened my mouth to tell her I knew it was "Beautiful". I bought Mom some later in life and she liked it. It's the lotion I rubbed her legs and arms with(just like I lotioned my babies when they were young) during her last months on earth. So sweet a memory!

I recognize this as a major blessing. Had Mom not suffered and died to cancer I never would have lathered her with lotion. I treasure that memory, but am still sorry she had to suffer.

#15174 - 08/02/05 06:05 PM Re: Saying goodbye -- again
writegirl1949 Offline

Hey Dotsy, sorry I didn't get back sooner.

I'm coming back on Sept 11 and will stay till Oct 6 (I think).

You know, it's awesome to see so many strong yet sensitive women here. What a blessing you all have been.

I think sharing memories of our losses helps us realize we aren't alone and confirms how important love is.

Regardless of the pain of loss, I think loving is worth every tear.

Blessings, Francine

#15175 - 08/05/05 04:53 PM Re: Saying goodbye -- again
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
quote:
Originally posted by writegirl1949:

I'm coming back on Sept 11 and will stay till Oct 6 (I think).

Regardless of the pain of loss, I think loving is worth every tear.

Blessings, Francine

Francine, I bet you can't wait to get home. Now that's really something to look forward to.

What a great perspective. Every tear is worth ii if it's shed from loving another. Amen.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved