The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#156004 - 08/12/08 01:08 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh my Dancing Dolphin, what would a girls getaway be without you?

Damn JJ wish we lived closer for many reasons BUT to have someone who likes going to the movies as much as I do. I have a hard toime finding anyone who doesn't work or have a husband cramping her style. cry Phooey!!! crazy

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#156007 - 08/12/08 02:11 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Me too, Chattster....I want you to cook for me! LOL!

#156008 - 08/12/08 02:14 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Did I like P.S. I love you? Umm...not particularly. It was too ah...what's the word..."staged." I felt the actress was ho hum...and the story line was good, but unbelievable, somewhat. Just my two cents worth...I mean, it wasn't REAL to me.

DD, what the devil are you drinking. I want some...

#156020 - 08/12/08 04:04 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: jawjaw]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
LOL, JJ - - just drinking water and eating a zone bar; pretty exciting huh? This is why I don't drink - I'm crazy enough without it.

I guess I just like love stories with thoughtful people and happy endings; just sweet sappy stuff. Course, I liked Vantage Point too - did anyone see that?

#156024 - 08/12/08 04:28 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Sweet, sappy? What was the love story with Chris Reeves and Jane Seymour? When you said sweet, sappy, it came to mind... must add another S - sad. I can't remember the name, but I watched it three or more times.

#156046 - 08/12/08 09:32 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm heading to see Mama Mia this weekend with tow of my sissies. I saw the show in NY with one of them and we're wondering if we'll be able to dance in the aisles like we did there.

Dancing, I like the same kinds of movies as you. I can't watch violence. If I do, I cover my eyes. I also have a hard tiem watching suspense movies.

#156057 - 08/12/08 12:00 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: chatty lady]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Hi all

Just saw The Bucket List the other night. Loved it! And my hubby and youngest son liked it too ('course they are both into what are commonly called "chick flicks"...at least that is what I've heard them called!). I'm not as much a movie fan as a history channel/biography channel fan and used to get my recommendations from what I call "the boys" (hubby and son...since they both know what I can watch without getting sick...which is anything with violence or blood and gore).

For those of you who have seen "Mama Mia", I would love to hear some feedback on the daughter. She is my son's cousin and I guess that means I'd better get my fanny out there and see the movie, eh? Grin...

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#156135 - 08/13/08 12:03 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Mama Red]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
K, I have Vantage Point ordered at the library. Can't wait.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#156155 - 08/13/08 03:04 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Saundra]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Dotsie,
I loved Mamma Mia and you just might find someone dancing in the aisle . We did some kids were . Wonderful movie and all the songs are from Aba (not sure of the spelling ).

Got to see Batman next or called the Black night .

Renee

#156162 - 08/13/08 05:14 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Sadie]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I sat through Momma Mia! alone. Wish I had taken my two daughters. It's a movie I want them to see now, while they still have their girls under their wings. The scene in the bedroom (while they were getting the daughter dressed and they sang together) made me cry. Good thing it was a matinée and only five other people were present.

Gotta say, they could have found someone much better to play Sam. Brosnan CANNOT sing. And he is NOT getting better with age. Now, Sean Connery would have been a nice addition!!!! Sing or not, he'd have me wishing I was M. Streep!!!! Not that I didn't. I AM GOING to Greece some day...I am, I am, I am!!!!
Favorite scene - when the women sang and danced through the streets. Second fav scene - when the grooms friends danced on the pier in flippers. What a gas!!!
In a couple of places the singing did get old, but it was all worth it - great movie - Two thumbs up and five stars!!!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved