The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 196 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#156750 - 08/18/08 01:31 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: gims]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
[size:11pt]There is a new movie starting soon called celebrate THE WOMEN. It looks like one to see for sure. About Boomer women and alth0ugh my ind is a blank right now, been up all night, the staqrs are super actress's. One is Annette Benning, then there is Jada Pickett Smith, the blonde from Sleepless in Seattle and a few others...Check it out!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#156813 - 08/19/08 01:29 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: chatty lady]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
I loooooooooooooved the movie! I downloaded the "mama mia" ringtone and there's just one LITTLE problem.

I don't want to answer my phone ---- I want to hear the song!

Dot dot dot!!!!!

danita

p.s. taking my daughter next week end to see is - she is going to love it!

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#156820 - 08/19/08 02:06 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Danita]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I saw Mama Mia with two of my sisters Saturday and we loved it. We had also seen it together in NY. We were afraid we'd be disappointed, but we weren't. What we loved most was the fact that everyone looked their age, and they all looked super. Very cool to see boomer actors and actresses still doing their thing.

What did you think of their singing voices? We were laughing. It must have been a hoot for them to pull that off.

#156982 - 08/20/08 10:08 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Sandpiper]
savvygrandmother Offline

Loc: texas
Haven't seen it yet, but can't wait! Your post has spurred me on. I loved the screenplay. I know I'll love the movie!

"Grandmothers are a new kind of breed. I know I am one. Baby boomers are changing the face of grandparenting for the 21st century." www.martynorman.com, http://savvygrandmothers.blogspot.com

#156985 - 08/20/08 10:38 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: savvygrandmother]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
We tried to see Mamma Mia last night but both shows were sold out. We're going to try again tomorrow!

(Maya Angelou)

#157040 - 08/21/08 11:45 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, I can't believe they were sold out. Dang. We went to an 11:00 am movie on a Saturday ($5.00) and other than the three of us, there was one other women there. I felt like we should have asked her to sit with us.

Maybe it was the time we chose!

#157876 - 08/28/08 05:14 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Dotsie]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
So glad to see Mama Mia! is a show we all like. Again, putting the CD on takes me to my 'happy spot'. I just absolutely love the film. My daughter and twin sister went and saw it both times. We want to go again - at least my twin and I do.

An article I read said that Pierce Brosnan's voice surprised everyone because it was so good. I thought his singing was great and heart felt. But I understand if not everyone agrees.

The lady who wrote the movie version is the one who did the original play on broadway. When she did the movie version she did it with those actors in mind. So, I thought the idea of putting older people in it was good. It worked even though the Broadway play had younger people.

And don't you just remember why you loved the ABBA songs? Our showings were never sold out and there wer plenty of seats available. Again, I love it and listen almost daily to the songs.
www.tidedancer.com

#158377 - 09/01/08 01:55 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Sandpiper]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Just watched The Bucket List on tv. I don't go to the movies and mostly I watch old movies when I do watch them. But, we decided to watch this one tonight. It was on "demand" and we like Jack Nicholson. He is such a great actor. It was a good movie. It's about 2 men who meet in the hospital, both have only 6 months to a year to live and they make up a list of things they want to do before they "kick the bucket" and do them. It really makes you think about your "list."

#158379 - 09/01/08 02:03 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Louisa]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Louisa that's a movie I still want to see. Didn't especially want to see it at the theatre but would like to see it on TV. Glad you liked it. I also like Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson.
www.tidedancer.com

#158381 - 09/01/08 11:46 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Sandpiper]
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
I love Jack Nicholson. My Favorite movie has to be "Something's Got to Give" After seeing The Bucket List, DH and several of his friends - all in their early 60's (and all healthy) have made a bucket list so to speak. They trekked to Isle Royal to hike, fish and camp in the wilderness this summer. They didn't do as much hiking as they expected since 2 of them had recently had knee surgery - but they had a ball. I know they're plotting the next adventure - but not sure what it will be yet. I think it's great.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved