The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 103 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#158445 - 09/01/08 08:39 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: browser57]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Browser that is so cool! I can just see your DH and friends doing it all.

I loved Jack in "Something's Got To Give." Matter of fact, I bought the movie and watch it occasionally. It's funny, sweet and poignant. He's such a great actor.

I'm anxious to see The Bucket List.
www.tidedancer.com

#158927 - 09/06/08 09:07 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Sandpiper]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
We are keeping two grandkids again this weekend. While DH was playing on the go-cart and motorbike with our grandson, our granddaughter (7) and I went to see a movie. We chose Henry Poole is Here, one of the only PG movies on at our 'clean' theater. Here to tell you -> Not a theater pic... save for Netflix or Blockbuster rental.
Cost for movie and refreshments = $30 - had to use credit card... I barely contained my shock!!! Maybe that's what ruined the movie for me. I compare this trip with when I went alone to see Mama Mia!!! - I used a free pass and had no refreshments...

#159009 - 09/07/08 04:47 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Sandpiper]
LGood67334 Offline

Loc: California
Love the enthusiasm for Mamma Mia. So much energy and passion in that exquisite setting. I also loved Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. Maybe I love the Greek settings. I wonder if the sky is always that blue there. Anybody know?

Lynn
www.writeradvice.com

#159010 - 09/07/08 05:03 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: LGood67334]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
No, LGood, but I'd certainly like to find out... in person!

#159036 - 09/07/08 01:05 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: gims]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Went to Mama Mia with an older friend and my 19 year old daughter. Both loved it!

During the scene where the daughter was getting ready for the wedding, my daughter put her head on my shoulder and we both had a few tears rolling.

What a movie! I have the soundtrack now also, and it IS my happy place as well!

Indie movies --- has anyone seen the "bride and the prejudice?" (spelling, sorry?!)

It was on the movie channels this week end - and is a cool love story. I love the colors of the costumes and the dancing!

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#159133 - 09/07/08 10:41 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Danita]
latebloomrboomer Offline

Loc: Palm Bay, Florida
I went to see Mamma Mia on Labor Day. There were only about 30 people in the theatre. I did not realize that it was a sing-a-long. When the song "Dancing Queen" started, I was surprised to hear my friend belting out the song. I shrugged and joined in! We sang everything after that, what fun!

#159141 - 09/07/08 11:37 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: latebloomrboomer]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Hubby and I finally made it to Mamma Mia last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. Then two days later, the theatre switched to the sing-along version. I really want to go, but hubby refuses to go to the sing-along one. I've heard it's so much fun, so I might just take myself back there this week!

(Maya Angelou)

#160152 - 09/17/08 08:35 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
That does sound like fun and boy could all that happy singing lift ones spirits...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#160525 - 09/22/08 12:59 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
If you get the chance go and see LAKEVIEW TERRACE with Samuel L. Jackson. He plays a cop thats twisted and he terrorizes his black/white couple neighbors. It is really good. You will definitely feel their mental helplessness and pain.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#160589 - 09/22/08 06:04 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, I usually go to the movies to laugh or see a love story. Glad you like it, but I'm going to pass on that one.

The US has not had a sing along version of Mama Mia. I think that's a great idea. When we saw the show in NYC we were dancing in the aisles at the end.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved