The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 145 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#155275 - 08/04/08 05:04 AM New Movies Anyone?
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
I just went to see "Mama Mia!" for the second time. I absolutely love this film. It is such a feel-good, happy movie. The stars are brilliant, I think. Meryl Streep, Christine Baranski, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth, etc. did an outstanding job.

It's a campy movie but so fun.
www.tidedancer.com

#155276 - 08/04/08 08:20 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Sandpiper]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I don't think I have ever seen Pierce Brosnan look so sexy. He is definitely one of those men that gets better looking with age...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#155327 - 08/06/08 09:54 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: chatty lady]
Sandpiper Offline

I went today and saw Kevin Costner in "Swing Vote". It was a very good movie. Kept your attention and left you with a feel-good at the end.
www.tidedancer.com

#155328 - 08/06/08 09:55 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Sandpiper]
Sandpiper Offline

Chatty, I think I am in love with Pierce Brosnan all over again and yet there is Kevin to think of also.

I agree that they all just get better with time.
www.tidedancer.com

#155367 - 08/07/08 02:31 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Sandpiper]
hotflashgal Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I saw Mama Mia over the past weekend. I agree with the ladies here...Pierce looked fabulous. The scene where he is standing in the doorway with the light behind him was spectacular. I thought Meryl Steep did an awesome job. It was nice to see a bit of character development. I have seen it twice on stage and the focus is on the music....great entertainment. I thought the movie took it a bit further into the characters. I want to see it again. I love to go to movies that are uplifting and entertaining.

#155369 - 08/07/08 02:51 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: hotflashgal]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Hmph, I just got around to seeing Bucket List. They need to make the same movie with women. I have a single free pass to the movies and want to see Momma Mia so badly, I'll probably sneak in to see it while hubby is out of town next week... it's not going to be his type, I'm sure.

#155400 - 08/07/08 02:28 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: gims]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Hubby and I have had a date to go see "Mamma Mia" ever since it got into town, but he's working a lot and then we had houseguests - I think it's still in town next week so after reading these comments, I'm even more determined to get there! We thoroughly enjoyed the Broadway Across America theatre production of it last year...but I admit that I'm eager to see Pierce Brosnan - and hear the music blaring through those movie theatre speakers!

(Maya Angelou)

#155493 - 08/07/08 09:08 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I loved The Bucket List!!! Mamma Mia is good too, a feel happy movie but I got sick of all the singing after awhile. No one is that happy!

#155515 - 08/07/08 10:46 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: chatty lady]
Sandpiper Offline

Gims, I saw a lot of men at both viewings I went to for Mama Mia! and they looked satisfied. But if he's not around, definitely go see it. Its fun and campy but worth it all.

I remember when I went to see 'Sex in the City' there weren't as many men there and those that were didn't seem to thrilled to be there with their significant others. But I liked the movie.

I want to see "The Bucket List" yet. Glad it was good, right?

My daughter and I are going tomorrow to see 'Traveling Pants 2' and I'm sure I'll like it. I really enjoyed the first one.
www.tidedancer.com

#155675 - 08/09/08 01:22 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Sandpiper]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

An adorable and entertaining movie is called NIMS ISLAND, it starts some cute kid and Jodie Foster and the scenery is fabulous. It's a feel good kind of film, good for the entire family...

#155688 - 08/09/08 02:15 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I really enjoyed The Bucket List...and Chatty, I liked NIMS Island. Mamma Mia is next on my list.

#155745 - 08/09/08 06:52 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Well JJ, you won't be able to sit still in your seat. I call it "butt dancing," and the atmosphere in Mamma Mia will cause you to just let loose in your seat, and BUTT DANCE!!!

#155778 - 08/09/08 11:45 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: chatty lady]
Sandpiper Offline

JJ I now call Mama Mia! my happy place. I bought the soundtrack and listen to it and get happy again and remember the fun of the movie. I absolutely love it.

Chatty, LOL! but you are so right!
www.tidedancer.com

#155784 - 08/10/08 12:04 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Sandpiper]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I watch a lot of Indies, but I have enjoyed lately,
"Once," "The Bucket List," starring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nikelson (sp.) I use Netflix and I recently watched ever season of "The Sopranos," and I liked it despite myself. One VERY excellent movie is "The Caveman's Valentine," with Samuel Jackson.A movie with a subject of Chronic Pain is "Cyrstal." "Green Fingers" is good, too! Wow,
I am a movie buff so I could go on and on. I'll post when I remember more.

"Question your privilege"

#155828 - 08/10/08 06:02 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: dancer9]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Here, too, we love watching indies; and love to watch Foreign movies and Bollywood stuff. Thank goodness for Netflix!

#155929 - 08/11/08 05:50 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: chatty lady]
morninglory Offline

Being a big Colin Firth fan, I still found myself checking out Pierce Brosnan in Mamma Mia alot! He DID look good, looked better than he sang, unfortunately---but, gotta give him credit for getting out there and taking it on. Was allright, actually. Couldn't see myself doing any better, so kudo's to him.
Enjoyed the movie, loved the songs, loved the scenery.
So cute the whole storyline.

#155979 - 08/11/08 11:05 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: chatty lady]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Has anyone seen P.S. I Love You? I loved it and saw it 3 times already.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#155984 - 08/11/08 11:25 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Saundra]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Saundra, I LOVED that one! And some of it was filmed in Ireland, so I had a sneak peek before my visit. And yes, it looks just like in the movie!

K

#155987 - 08/11/08 11:39 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I saw it...

#155996 - 08/12/08 12:24 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: jawjaw]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Well are you leaving us in suspense, or didja like it? Or not? Or didja watch it with a man? Or didja watch it in a pan? Didja like it hot or cold? Are ya feeling really bold? Didja think I'm going nuts?

OMG, it's been a long Monday... can you tell? Geeze, now I'll probably be UNinvited to the girlfriend getaway.... Calgon, take me away!

K

#156004 - 08/12/08 01:08 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Oh my Dancing Dolphin, what would a girls getaway be without you?

Damn JJ wish we lived closer for many reasons BUT to have someone who likes going to the movies as much as I do. I have a hard toime finding anyone who doesn't work or have a husband cramping her style. cry Phooey!!! crazy

#156007 - 08/12/08 02:11 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Me too, Chattster....I want you to cook for me! LOL!

#156008 - 08/12/08 02:14 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Did I like P.S. I love you? Umm...not particularly. It was too ah...what's the word..."staged." I felt the actress was ho hum...and the story line was good, but unbelievable, somewhat. Just my two cents worth...I mean, it wasn't REAL to me.

DD, what the devil are you drinking. I want some...

#156020 - 08/12/08 04:04 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: jawjaw]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

LOL, JJ - - just drinking water and eating a zone bar; pretty exciting huh? This is why I don't drink - I'm crazy enough without it.

I guess I just like love stories with thoughtful people and happy endings; just sweet sappy stuff. Course, I liked Vantage Point too - did anyone see that?

#156024 - 08/12/08 04:28 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
gims Offline

Sweet, sappy? What was the love story with Chris Reeves and Jane Seymour? When you said sweet, sappy, it came to mind... must add another S - sad. I can't remember the name, but I watched it three or more times.

#156046 - 08/12/08 09:32 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm heading to see Mama Mia this weekend with tow of my sissies. I saw the show in NY with one of them and we're wondering if we'll be able to dance in the aisles like we did there.

Dancing, I like the same kinds of movies as you. I can't watch violence. If I do, I cover my eyes. I also have a hard tiem watching suspense movies.

#156057 - 08/12/08 12:00 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: chatty lady]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Hi all

Just saw The Bucket List the other night. Loved it! And my hubby and youngest son liked it too ('course they are both into what are commonly called "chick flicks"...at least that is what I've heard them called!). I'm not as much a movie fan as a history channel/biography channel fan and used to get my recommendations from what I call "the boys" (hubby and son...since they both know what I can watch without getting sick...which is anything with violence or blood and gore).

For those of you who have seen "Mama Mia", I would love to hear some feedback on the daughter. She is my son's cousin and I guess that means I'd better get my fanny out there and see the movie, eh? Grin...

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#156135 - 08/13/08 12:03 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Mama Red]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
K, I have Vantage Point ordered at the library. Can't wait.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#156155 - 08/13/08 03:04 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Saundra]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Dotsie,
I loved Mamma Mia and you just might find someone dancing in the aisle . We did some kids were . Wonderful movie and all the songs are from Aba (not sure of the spelling ).

Got to see Batman next or called the Black night .

Renee

#156162 - 08/13/08 05:14 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Sadie]
gims Offline

I sat through Momma Mia! alone. Wish I had taken my two daughters. It's a movie I want them to see now, while they still have their girls under their wings. The scene in the bedroom (while they were getting the daughter dressed and they sang together) made me cry. Good thing it was a matinée and only five other people were present.

Gotta say, they could have found someone much better to play Sam. Brosnan CANNOT sing. And he is NOT getting better with age. Now, Sean Connery would have been a nice addition!!!! Sing or not, he'd have me wishing I was M. Streep!!!! Not that I didn't. I AM GOING to Greece some day...I am, I am, I am!!!!
Favorite scene - when the women sang and danced through the streets. Second fav scene - when the grooms friends danced on the pier in flippers. What a gas!!!
In a couple of places the singing did get old, but it was all worth it - great movie - Two thumbs up and five stars!!!

#156750 - 08/18/08 01:31 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: gims]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

[size:11pt]There is a new movie starting soon called celebrate THE WOMEN. It looks like one to see for sure. About Boomer women and alth0ugh my ind is a blank right now, been up all night, the staqrs are super actress's. One is Annette Benning, then there is Jada Pickett Smith, the blonde from Sleepless in Seattle and a few others...Check it out!

#156813 - 08/19/08 01:29 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: chatty lady]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
I loooooooooooooved the movie! I downloaded the "mama mia" ringtone and there's just one LITTLE problem.

I don't want to answer my phone ---- I want to hear the song!

Dot dot dot!!!!!

danita

p.s. taking my daughter next week end to see is - she is going to love it!

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#156820 - 08/19/08 02:06 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Danita]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I saw Mama Mia with two of my sisters Saturday and we loved it. We had also seen it together in NY. We were afraid we'd be disappointed, but we weren't. What we loved most was the fact that everyone looked their age, and they all looked super. Very cool to see boomer actors and actresses still doing their thing.

What did you think of their singing voices? We were laughing. It must have been a hoot for them to pull that off.

#156982 - 08/20/08 10:08 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Sandpiper]
savvygrandmother Offline

Loc: texas
Haven't seen it yet, but can't wait! Your post has spurred me on. I loved the screenplay. I know I'll love the movie!

"Grandmothers are a new kind of breed. I know I am one. Baby boomers are changing the face of grandparenting for the 21st century." www.martynorman.com, http://savvygrandmothers.blogspot.com

#156985 - 08/20/08 10:38 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: savvygrandmother]
Eagle Heart Offline

We tried to see Mamma Mia last night but both shows were sold out. We're going to try again tomorrow!

(Maya Angelou)

#157040 - 08/21/08 11:45 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Eagle, I can't believe they were sold out. Dang. We went to an 11:00 am movie on a Saturday ($5.00) and other than the three of us, there was one other women there. I felt like we should have asked her to sit with us.

Maybe it was the time we chose!

#157876 - 08/28/08 05:14 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Dotsie]
Sandpiper Offline

So glad to see Mama Mia! is a show we all like. Again, putting the CD on takes me to my 'happy spot'. I just absolutely love the film. My daughter and twin sister went and saw it both times. We want to go again - at least my twin and I do.

An article I read said that Pierce Brosnan's voice surprised everyone because it was so good. I thought his singing was great and heart felt. But I understand if not everyone agrees.

The lady who wrote the movie version is the one who did the original play on broadway. When she did the movie version she did it with those actors in mind. So, I thought the idea of putting older people in it was good. It worked even though the Broadway play had younger people.

And don't you just remember why you loved the ABBA songs? Our showings were never sold out and there wer plenty of seats available. Again, I love it and listen almost daily to the songs.
www.tidedancer.com

#158377 - 09/01/08 01:55 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Sandpiper]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Just watched The Bucket List on tv. I don't go to the movies and mostly I watch old movies when I do watch them. But, we decided to watch this one tonight. It was on "demand" and we like Jack Nicholson. He is such a great actor. It was a good movie. It's about 2 men who meet in the hospital, both have only 6 months to a year to live and they make up a list of things they want to do before they "kick the bucket" and do them. It really makes you think about your "list."

#158379 - 09/01/08 02:03 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Louisa]
Sandpiper Offline

Louisa that's a movie I still want to see. Didn't especially want to see it at the theatre but would like to see it on TV. Glad you liked it. I also like Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson.
www.tidedancer.com

#158381 - 09/01/08 11:46 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Sandpiper]
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
I love Jack Nicholson. My Favorite movie has to be "Something's Got to Give" After seeing The Bucket List, DH and several of his friends - all in their early 60's (and all healthy) have made a bucket list so to speak. They trekked to Isle Royal to hike, fish and camp in the wilderness this summer. They didn't do as much hiking as they expected since 2 of them had recently had knee surgery - but they had a ball. I know they're plotting the next adventure - but not sure what it will be yet. I think it's great.

#158445 - 09/01/08 08:39 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: browser57]
Sandpiper Offline

Browser that is so cool! I can just see your DH and friends doing it all.

I loved Jack in "Something's Got To Give." Matter of fact, I bought the movie and watch it occasionally. It's funny, sweet and poignant. He's such a great actor.

I'm anxious to see The Bucket List.
www.tidedancer.com

#158927 - 09/06/08 09:07 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Sandpiper]
gims Offline

We are keeping two grandkids again this weekend. While DH was playing on the go-cart and motorbike with our grandson, our granddaughter (7) and I went to see a movie. We chose Henry Poole is Here, one of the only PG movies on at our 'clean' theater. Here to tell you -> Not a theater pic... save for Netflix or Blockbuster rental.
Cost for movie and refreshments = $30 - had to use credit card... I barely contained my shock!!! Maybe that's what ruined the movie for me. I compare this trip with when I went alone to see Mama Mia!!! - I used a free pass and had no refreshments...

#159009 - 09/07/08 04:47 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Sandpiper]
LGood67334 Offline

Loc: California
Love the enthusiasm for Mamma Mia. So much energy and passion in that exquisite setting. I also loved Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. Maybe I love the Greek settings. I wonder if the sky is always that blue there. Anybody know?

Lynn
www.writeradvice.com

#159010 - 09/07/08 05:03 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: LGood67334]
gims Offline

No, LGood, but I'd certainly like to find out... in person!

#159036 - 09/07/08 01:05 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: gims]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Went to Mama Mia with an older friend and my 19 year old daughter. Both loved it!

During the scene where the daughter was getting ready for the wedding, my daughter put her head on my shoulder and we both had a few tears rolling.

What a movie! I have the soundtrack now also, and it IS my happy place as well!

Indie movies --- has anyone seen the "bride and the prejudice?" (spelling, sorry?!)

It was on the movie channels this week end - and is a cool love story. I love the colors of the costumes and the dancing!

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#159133 - 09/07/08 10:41 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Danita]
latebloomrboomer Offline

Loc: Palm Bay, Florida
I went to see Mamma Mia on Labor Day. There were only about 30 people in the theatre. I did not realize that it was a sing-a-long. When the song "Dancing Queen" started, I was surprised to hear my friend belting out the song. I shrugged and joined in! We sang everything after that, what fun!

#159141 - 09/07/08 11:37 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: latebloomrboomer]
Eagle Heart Offline

Hubby and I finally made it to Mamma Mia last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. Then two days later, the theatre switched to the sing-along version. I really want to go, but hubby refuses to go to the sing-along one. I've heard it's so much fun, so I might just take myself back there this week!

(Maya Angelou)

#160152 - 09/17/08 08:35 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

That does sound like fun and boy could all that happy singing lift ones spirits...

#160525 - 09/22/08 12:59 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

If you get the chance go and see LAKEVIEW TERRACE with Samuel L. Jackson. He plays a cop thats twisted and he terrorizes his black/white couple neighbors. It is really good. You will definitely feel their mental helplessness and pain.

#160589 - 09/22/08 06:04 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

chatty, I usually go to the movies to laugh or see a love story. Glad you like it, but I'm going to pass on that one.

The US has not had a sing along version of Mama Mia. I think that's a great idea. When we saw the show in NYC we were dancing in the aisles at the end.

#160629 - 09/22/08 11:35 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Thats all well and good dotsie and I imagine many feel the same way. BUT life includes the harsher things and sometimes we can learn about what to watch out for by seeing it on the big screen. I unlike the Ostrich people try to keep my head out of the sand and see a little about a lot of life issues.Its just me!

#160630 - 09/22/08 11:36 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Dotsie]
Sandpiper Offline

Is anyone planning on seeing "Nights in Rodanthe" with Richard Gere and Diane Ladd? I have waited for this to come out. I've seen the previews and it looks to be a fantastic movie. It premeres this weekend.

It's a love story and chick flick but I can't wait to see it.
www.tidedancer.com

#160631 - 09/22/08 11:37 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Sandpiper]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Two exceptional actors together and on the beach too, humm. Sounds like a winner to me.

#160655 - 09/23/08 05:28 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: chatty lady]
Sandpiper Offline

I think it will be a great movie. I made a mistake about the woman's name. It's Diane Lane from Under The Tuscan Sun. I love her acting.

Another movie that I think is good is, "Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day." My daughter and I saw it early this summer and liked it. It's out to buy now. I bought it and watched it the other day and still like it.
www.tidedancer.com

#161362 - 09/29/08 09:31 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Sandpiper]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I saw coming attractions of a film called:AUSTRALIA with Nicole Kidman that looks like a winner, tons of action and romance.

Say has anyone seen SEX AND THE CITY since the gals have become Boomers in this film?

#161370 - 09/30/08 04:09 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: chatty lady]
Sandpiper Offline

I saw SEX AND THE CITY. It was good but all about Carrie. They didn't develop anyone elses storyline much. But I enjoyed it anyhow.
www.tidedancer.com

#161377 - 09/30/08 05:27 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Sandpiper]
gims Offline

OH chatty, doesn't that one look good with a capital G? Too bad it doesn't come out for so long. I'm anxious to see what part the little girl plays, how she works into the script.

Sandpiper, something about the whole SATC set up and premise has always bothered me... the characters' values being in the wrong place from A-Z. We won't even be renting this one, I don't think. I'd rather see Mama Mia again... But, I understand it speaks to a great many...

#161388 - 09/30/08 08:45 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: gims]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Rented the DVD tonight and watched Sex In The City. I enjoyed it as it had many twists and turns. I was sad to see Samantha break it of with Smith Jared, he was a really cool guy. Yes it was mostly about Carrie but then so was moost of the entire series. I liked it as a whole... I understand they want to do another one as well, not sure when.

#161390 - 09/30/08 09:04 AM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: chatty lady]
Mountain Ash Offline

Did you loke the Scottish Song Chatty..singer is local..lives down the street from my old lady I visit in Portobello nr Edinburgh.

#161443 - 09/30/08 09:33 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: Mountain Ash]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

No kidding MA?. I liked it very much...

#161446 - 09/30/08 09:49 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I saw three movies recently. Bad choices on my part.

1. Grizzly man. I had read the book, so I wanted to see the movie. The guy was clearly unbalanced. I would NOT recommend this movie.
2. Love in the time of Chlorea - The only saving grace in this movie was Benjamin Bratt. The plot was horrible, the acting was -D, and the actors/actresses (except Ben) was so bad. Good grief...did this movie make any money at all?
3. Miss Pettgrew Lives for a Day - a little bit better, but the plot was scattered, no continewity to it at all, and one of the main characters (the "ho" as I call her), (Amy Adams real name) was obviously on her first trip down acting lane. Frances McDormand was Misses Pettegrew. She did a descent job, it was just an "okay at best" movie.

So all in all, I did a bad job picking out films this weekend.

#161454 - 09/30/08 11:45 PM Re: New Movies Anyone? [Re: jawjaw]
Sandpiper Offline

Gims I liked SATC movie but was (as Chatty said) upset about Samantha and Smith. I was also upset that they didn't develop the plot about Cynthia Nixon's character. She and her hubby split and finally at the end tried to give it another go. That would have added so much to the movie. But I would have seen it anyway because of Chris Noth (BIG). He's such a great actor and I do like Sara Jessica Parket. Wouldn't see it again but would consider seeing the next depending on the plot.

JJ I didn't know there was a movie about "Love in the time of Cholera". Guess I won't bother with it. I'm sorry you didn't like Miss Pettigrew - I thought it was cute. It was a bit wild hoping about from scene to scene so quickly. I liked it enough to buy it.

I'm hoping to see "Nights in Rodanthe" tomorrow with hubby and then Friday "Flash of Genius". I hope they are good.
www.tidedancer.com

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved