The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 133 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#156259 - 08/13/08 10:49 PM Re: moodiness BUGS me! [Re: greene]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: greene415
... They just change for no apparent reason.
Over the years it has been very puzzling trying
to figure out why I was feeling like I did.

This is the way it is for some of us... out of no where, with no 'logical' explanation, K-WHAM, it hits!
So, greene415, psychotropic drugs do help you?

#156260 - 08/13/08 10:51 PM Re: moodiness BUGS me! [Re: greene]
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
Mountain Ash & Gims,
Thank you both for sharing that insiteful wisdom. It is really something to 'think about' and take to Heart. There are times when we all could use an attitude tune-up. I know I have moody days or parts of a day, & allow myself to 'blame' others at times. When really it's my own fault for letting LIFE control my reaction to it's happenings. Tiz a lot less stressful to laugh at annoyances & forge ahead.

#156262 - 08/13/08 11:09 PM Re: moodiness BUGS me! [Re: Q_ball]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Q_ball, they are thoughts to take to heart, you are right. (Some philosophical wizard thought them up, but we don't mind passing them on.) Hard to follow the ideas sometimes.
As for tune-ups: I've been trying to do an attitude adjustment this entire afternoon. Trying every tool I have in my tool bag.
I'm feeling like running away, again... not blaming anyone but myself. Thank goodness I have that in check.

#156264 - 08/13/08 11:26 PM Re: moodiness BUGS me! [Re: gims]
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
Gims,
I think the urge to run away lurks in all of us at some point. I know I feel that way more than I should.
& No, I don't blame anyone but me for those thoughts, it's just how I am. I need a lot more solitude to hear myself think than the normal old heifer. LOL
Sometimes we just have to make a knot and hang on.

#156284 - 08/14/08 03:54 AM Re: moodiness BUGS me! [Re: ]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
[i] Anno, Mountain Ash, let me try to explain.
And to you, Eagle Heart, you are very welcome. Someone I care about very much can go into a funk and not come out until it is worked out inside himself instead of talking about what is bothering him or even mentioning "I am worried about __________, is an example of what happens. I needed to understand why this happened and you explained to me that some people work through things this way. I do not, I will say what is worrying me, or what is making me sad and talk about it or say I don't want to talk about it but I'll be okay. I just worry when the mood happened until you explained to me how it works inside. I understand now and it's ok.
Me? I am the least moody person you will ever meet. I have had 15 years of therapy with a psychiatrist, not a therapist, a doctorate so I am aware of how I feel most of the time. I also know why I feel what I feel.
The rest of me, you must remember, is a highly trained performer who did NOTHING else but perform and study dance for her whole life and whom is taught NOT to show emotion and to hold my face just so, not to move my features and not to betray what I am feeling or thinking to people.
So, if I can't handle something, I immediately deal with it somehow. I either take action, talk to someone, or accept what I cannot change.
I am, if you were around me, what has been called "very kind and composed," by professionals and at home I am the calmest person you can imagine. I don't shout, I don't fight, I consider fights a waste of time, a collosal waste of time!
If I have a disagreement, I talk it out, or change how I AM or what I DO to fix it for ME if I can't work it out.

I have been told by a shrink from Mt. Sinai in New York that I am the most complex person he had ever met.

I am strange, but it works for me and it's me so it's okay with me, and I seem to have a lot of friends so I guess it's okay to be how I am.

Dancer, explaining herself and flattered that anyone cares what I feel or think!!
i]

"Question your privilege"

#156287 - 08/14/08 03:59 AM Re: moodiness BUGS me! [Re: dancer9]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
it says I cannot edit so pardon my grammar and such! My home is the most zen place you can imagine and everyone who comes over says it is very comfortable for them to be themselves.

I wish I understood how others think and feel better but I had a different kind of life and education and I need to be allowed a wider "berth," for that reason. I'm sure I am different from many here, but as I did with "moodiness," I strive to understand.
I just have to defend myself when I am called out to have emotions I do not. I am not moody, and I do not dislike it because it is my shadow side, I disliked it because I did not understand it and as you know, ignorance is behind most judgement.

Dancer, me.

"Question your privilege"

#156312 - 08/14/08 07:01 AM Re: moodiness BUGS me! [Re: dancer9]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Of all the answers so far, Anno's is the closest to the way I'd define myself.

Am I moody? I can be depressed, I can be angry, or I can have so much energy I tire everyone else out. The first 2 would be defined as "negative" by most people, and the last one as "positive."

I see them all as part of a whole. I'm brutally honest, both towards myself and towards others. I have this steel-trap rational mind, so when I get angry et al I'll tell you there's a very good reason for it. I'm not afraid to show my emotions, so does that make me moody?

The big exception is: I've learned that sometimes life is less stressful if I hold my tongue (not my natural tendency) so as not to hurt others. I used to fight about anything. Now I leave a lot unsaid. So one person looking at this might say, "She refuses to get caught up in a stupid fight. She's so calm;" but another person may say, "She doesn't want to discuss this because she's cold and distant." Both very different reactions -- and assignation of my mood -- to the same action.

Everyone has moods, if they have any emotion at all. It's just that we attach positive and negative values to those moods depending on how it relates to our own expectations.

Poet and essayist

#156343 - 08/14/08 01:13 PM Re: moodiness BUGS me! [Re: meredithbead]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Meredith, you are right about everyone having moods, if they have any emotions at all. The scariest children I work with are the emotionless ones. And, unfortunately, they exist.

Dancer, no explanation is needed. You seem very centered to me and full of emotion. And most of your emotions seem to come out on the upside.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#156344 - 08/14/08 01:14 PM Re: moodiness BUGS me! [Re: meredithbead]
greene Offline

Loc: Atlanta,Georgia
Yes, gims, I consider the medicine a lifesaver as my depressions would get so deep I couldn't dig my way out of them. Now I feel all the same emotions but not to a point that they paralyze me so now I can handle them.

#156392 - 08/14/08 06:49 PM Re: moodiness BUGS me! [Re: greene]
Mountain Ash Offline

When we talk about "moodiness" I assume we mean a withdrawal of happiness and being upbeat..into a place where saddness is.Then a person may be in need to be alone and the very effort of being in company is difficult.I accept that in a person
But surely all variations of feelings are but moods.Like the sun changes the earth as it moves across the sky.
Like Anno a child who shows no emotion is a difficult being to help.Light and shade add interest.
Mountain ash

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved