The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
1 Registered (Steve Holmes), 147 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#15664 - 04/30/06 02:01 AM Re: carrying on tradition
almostangel Offline

Loc: Kansas City
I have not. Is she on television? Do you know what station she is on? I went to a psychic fair here in Kansas City a few years ago. My son told me that the police dept will sometimes use this lady called Joyce to help unsolved crimes. I wanted to see if she was there and if I could meet with her. He didn't know what she looked like or her last name. I had my doubts that I would find her because it's not like they wear name tags. lol I was standing in line to have my aura picture taken when this lady in her late 50's came up and touched my arm and asked me if she could talk with me. Well, I have complete strangers come up to me all the time so I didn't think anything of it. I told her yes, did she need some help with something or did she need me to call someone for her? She said "No, I just feel that I am connected to you in some way, have we met before?" I told her that I didn't think so and asked her name. You guessed it! It was Joyce.
She told me some very profound things about my history. I asked her if I could pay her for the reading and she told me that she wasn't there to give readings. She came in to drop off some information on a case and was leaving when she saw me.How wierd is that?

#15665 - 04/30/06 04:59 AM Re: carrying on tradition
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
I hesitated to answer this because I didnt want to over write Danita's need to post -- so we'll just have to go back and forth between posts ;-)

My husband and son are earth bound souls -- they want to "feel" Rob as Ashley and I have -- but don't seem to be able to "let go" enough to do so -- and some people are just too afraid to allow themselves to "believe" -- so I do think that some people are able to communicate with "the other side" better than others

but like you say -- I've been looked at like a freak when I tell stories of what I've experienced throughout my life so I just dont say anything unless someone else can relate

#15666 - 04/30/06 05:16 AM Re: carrying on tradition
almostangel Offline

Well Lion, tell away. If there is one thing that I am sure of..if you can't see it, that doesn't mean it's not there. Mothers day is coming up and my mom usually makes her presence felt. She has been gone for 20 years in October. I have moved several times since then but I am always glad that she can still find me : )

#15667 - 04/30/06 04:24 PM Re: carrying on tradition
lionspaaw Offline

Robert died at home - the home we had lived in since he was 6 - so when we moved I worried that we would "leave him behind". So one night I drove by and sat in front of the house and told him to "hop on" if he was still there --- the next morning there was my yellow butterfly -- fluttering around my carport -- so I guess he found his way ;-)

My heart goes out to you ladies that have lost your mom and/or dad. I'm lucky enough to still have both of my parents - but as they are in their mid 80's, I know its just a matter of time before I get "that" phone call. My husband lost his parents in the 80's and he still misses them so much.

I lost my second husband to a drunk driver on Mother's Day in 1976. I still feel a bit of saddness come May 9th -- and I used to wonder how his mom was with it -- now I know what it's like to lose a son.

Jim's mom and I seem to have our lives inter twined somewhat - she was my girl scout leader when I was in Jr High - I met and married her son after high school - the day he died I lost a husband and she lost a son. Then 25 years later - (Jim was 25 when he died) she buried her husband on the day my son died.

coincidence ? I doubt it seriously ;-) some people are meant to be in your path from time to time

#15668 - 04/30/06 04:25 PM Re: carrying on tradition
lionspaaw Offline

Oh yea - forgot to mention that her first name is Louise and my middle name is Louise and her daughter's name is Carolyn -- which is my first name ;-)

#15669 - 04/30/06 04:50 PM Re: carrying on tradition
almostangel Offline

I don't think that anything is coincidence. I am so sorry for your loss of loved ones. You are blessed to still have both your parents. Every day should be treated as if it could be their last.
Longevity does not exist in our family. I never knew my grandparents, they died before I was born. I lost my Dad to a heart attack when I was only 7 years old. It shattered my world. I now believe that one event, that changed my life forever made me the strong person I am. Able to handle the many crisis situations my family has faced.
By far the hardest, is the death of a child. My heart goes out to all of you that have suffered that loss. When my daughter died the grief was terrible and I lapsed into post partum depression. If it had not been for my faith in God and the demanding needs of my two year old I don't know if I would have made it.

#15670 - 05/01/06 07:53 AM Re: carrying on tradition
lionspaaw Offline

I think what's so hard about losing a child is that it goes against all the laws of nature.

Parents don't bury their children -- it's just not the way it's supposed to go !

I think that's what's so hard on my mom -- Robert was "her baby" that she allowed me to take home with me -- and it's hard for her to accept that she's still here in her 80's and Rob left us at 23.

#15671 - 04/30/06 08:20 PM Re: carrying on tradition
almostangel Offline

I agree with you. Just think what a wonderful reunion they will have in heaven!

I have a brother that experienced a loss more painful then any of the others we have had in our family. His son Scotty (my nephew) died of a rare form of cancer when he was only 8 years old. They flew him to St Judes and they tried everything on this little boy. During the last stages of his life, Scotty told Dean ( my brother) that he wanted to go to heaven. He wasn't afraid. He then described to my brother what heaven looked like.
To this day, we all "remember" and look forward to when we will see Scotty again.

#15672 - 05/01/06 05:54 AM Re: carrying on tradition
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My ex the jackass #3 husband had the nerve to tell me that it was the devils work and that ALL psychics are not to be admired but feared because the devil has them. Can you imagine that??? What a empty headed moron he is and this from a man who never sees the inside of a church. I am careful however who I talk to about these things. Char Magolios is on the Law enforcement channel usually in the evenings, its channel 54 here. She has also assisted the police in cases. They show three other psychics as well and you get to follow them throughout there investigations, its fascinating.

[ April 30, 2006, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved