The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 144 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#168562 - 12/22/08 08:50 PM Re: Keeping marriage alive at midlife [Re: jabber]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i not getting at people who complaine about marrage as at times we all need to share a burden someweer but it is nice to see a strong positive post about the good bits of marriage, it warms my hart smile

#174248 - 02/10/09 08:16 PM Re: Keeping marriage alive at midlife [Re: celtic_flame]
Expat Offline

You know, I've been so wrapped up with my own problem, I never really looked at other posts, until now. This topic caught my eye and it's cheered me up tremendously. Glad to hear that others are keeping with marriages alive by laughter, silliness and anything else that pops into their head.

I actually remember putting notes in my husbands lunch box. Shame, those times are long gone. But I still stay positive

#174249 - 02/10/09 08:29 PM Re: Keeping marriage alive at midlife [Re: Expat]
Expat Offline

Sorry, had to log off quickly.

What I wanted to say was that I'm normally a cheerful person. I love to laugh and joke, etc. My husband and I probably could have had a good marriage, if he hadn't changed so drastically. His loss! wink

It's refreshing to hear everyone's stories. Keeps my faith going.

#174250 - 02/10/09 08:46 PM Re: Keeping marriage alive at midlife [Re: Expat]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I agree that a sense of humor is really, really important. (Expat, not sure you know......you can edit your posts after you post them)

#174321 - 02/11/09 03:22 PM Re: Keeping marriage alive at midlife [Re: Di]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
A sense of humor is important just to maintain life!

#174326 - 02/11/09 05:00 PM Re: Keeping marriage alive at midlife [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
FOr those interested - the NABBW did a teleseminar yesterday about Finding Love in 90 Days. And for those who are married, we're doing another on in February about keeping the love alive. There's more information on our homepage.

#174377 - 02/12/09 02:24 PM Re: Keeping marriage alive at midlife [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Thank you!

#174446 - 02/12/09 10:54 PM Re: Keeping marriage alive at midlife [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Funny, I came to this forum right after being in the pole dancing forum. Now that's a way to keep a marriage alive!

#174702 - 02/15/09 02:52 PM Re: Keeping marriage alive at midlife [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

IMO, if two people love each other, marriage should keep itself
alive. Respect, admiration, celebrating each other's humanity,
ought to be the spark that light's the fire! Go ahead and laugh
at me. But that's my opinion!

#174725 - 02/15/09 06:16 PM Re: Keeping marriage alive at midlife [Re: jabber]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Two couples came over for dinner today. We haven’t seen them for a long time, so we had a lot of catching up to do. After dinner, the men moved off to themselves to talk sports, and we ladies poured ourselves another cup of coffee. We were having a great time, when one of my friends said she’s so glad she and her Hubby came to visit, because they haven’t been talking to each other for the past few days. My other friend laughed and said she and her Hubby got in a stupid fight this morning, and haven’t spoken a word, not even during their long car ride to our place. I really cracked up, because my Hubby and I fought about how I should set the table, (Can you believe it,…he wants to tell me how to set the table!), and we were totally exasperated with one another when the doorbell rang.

Venting makes the own problems seems so common and normal. It pulls the rug out under from the self righteousness attitude. I love venting with friends. It never fires me up…it heals me.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved