The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 115 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#159024 - 09/07/08 08:09 AM Re: Anyone had a spray tan? [Re: gims]
AdornmentsMilani Offline

Loc: California
Gims, there's nothing wrong w/ being lily white. That's how I like my hubby:)

#159047 - 09/07/08 01:59 PM Re: Anyone had a spray tan? [Re: AdornmentsMilani]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
White is fine, and that's what I usually am, especially my legs. But I'll be wearing a swimsuite in public, and as someone mentioend before, tan cellulite looks better than white cellulite. So yeah, I do want to tan before I go.

It's two days after my spray tan, and I'm actually pretty pleased. It became about the right shade of tan and seems very even. The only thing that didn't work out are two places at my joints - one wrist and one ankle must have been bent while being sprayed, because there are white/lighter stripes of skin because of the bending. But now I know how to do it right to avoid that for when I get it again right before my cruise.

#159048 - 09/07/08 02:03 PM Re: Anyone had a spray tan? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hey, why not just pin a note on the back of your girlfriend that says, "I'm a virgin" or something like that and watch everyone's attention go to her....then you don't have to worry bout the "cellulite" stuff...

Whatttt? I'm onlyyyyy trying to help here.

#159064 - 09/07/08 04:06 PM Re: Anyone had a spray tan? [Re: jawjaw]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Good idea, JJ! Or another idea - - I could wear a shirt that promotes the new fashion of "Textured Skin" and just show off all the cellulite. Maybe it would be a new trend! Dancer, you're all about trends, can we go au natural and start a trend for textured skin?

Or I could wear pantyhose with my swimsuit; I actually saw someone wearing pantyhose with their swimsuit a long time ago, and it wasn't in a beauty pageant. Weird, huh? Course some might think I'm weird getting a spray tan. Ah well, each to his own.

#159092 - 09/07/08 06:00 PM Re: Anyone had a spray tan? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I stay away from sprays. I once sprayed my hair with athletics foot spray. I will say, however, it held up all day and my scrap didn't itch one bit.

#160651 - 09/23/08 02:41 AM Re: Anyone had a spray tan? [Re: jawjaw]
Bichonlover Offline

Loc: Pacific Northwest
You gals are a riot!!! I'm still laughing.

I read this thread with interest as I'm also in the same boat. No pun intended. We're going on a cruise next March and I too am white as a sheet. I live in the Pacific Northwest, land of RAIN!

I walk a lot outside so my arms are tanned below my short sleeve shirts. Now isn't that cool with an evening gown on or sleeveless dress or swim sut??? NOT

I would rather go without a tan than go to a tanning booth. Now the spray tan or brush is something I might be interested so will wait for the final results.

How do I get email notificatins of replies? Can anybody tell me?

#160692 - 09/23/08 02:35 PM Re: Anyone had a spray tan? [Re: Bichonlover]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Again, another hilarious thread, I swore blind that I would never, ever do the spray tanning of any description(three older sisters look like an older version of The Three Degrees!)...however, the eve before my Marriage was due to take place..I was having the full works, tan, wax(eybrows) nails, makeup and hair(trial run at the last min!!!)When I went in for my tanning session, I asked if she would just do my legs and my upper torso(missing out my stretch marks),the wee lassie who was ever so sweet,laughed hard and reminded me of my honeymoon night and asked me if I wanted to look like a ciggerette tip!! Now, Kathy, I just enmassed all the courage in the world as I aggreed for the 'full monty'...she handed me a pair of paper knickers(thongs)..left me to undress and returned, in ten mins it was over...and I did not give a toss. When I went to my makeup guy afterwords..he did a we breif overlook to make sure it was ok..and no, I wasn'y 'tangoed'.
The moral of my tale is to tell you all...If I can stand infront of a pretty wee lass in paper knickers..I can bl*&dy well do anything!!!..If you remember my wedding photos...then you will remember I looked a million dollars!!!

Go for it I say..the whole hog done professionally will ahve you feeling a million dollars..or I
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#160693 - 09/23/08 02:36 PM Re: Anyone had a spray tan? [Re: Poppie]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
will eat my hat!! Have fun with it.

Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved