The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 82 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#157348 - 08/24/08 03:34 PM Re: I may need help from you all... [Re: jawjaw]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I am moved by the insight being shared here. Meredith, I don't get jokes. Hardly ever. I think I missed the humor gene! Gims, I don't know why you say you are not a "good" person. I used to stay awake nights full of regrets and self-recrimination, taking on the "black sheep" role and the victim role and the victim-blaming role. I mean, that's what I learned, to be a victim (I was) and to be blamed for it (I was) and it took a whole lot of years of transformation to be otherwise. Oh, it also took times of estrangement from my family. The other night I had a dream with the word "Vanguard" in it. Vanguard is an investment firm, which I do not participate it. You know what Vanguard represented? "ON GUARD" Yes, I am still on guard. But the difference is that I stopped protecting my mother and brother etc, and I am on guard to protect myself. However, I am now able to let the light shine in to my soul. The fact that you are sharing here and receiving these heart felt words from your friends means that you able to breath in the inspiration. I did not mean to indicate that you might find peace before your parents died. That may or may not happen in a time frame that we connect with in a linear fashion. Before, after, sometimes WE can't choose when. My father could not have been worse. However, after he died, long after, there is peace between us, and I breath a sigh of relief not that he's dead, but that there is peace. If peace is what you want (versus being bitter and resentful) then I do believe that is what you can achieve! Love and Light, Lynn

#157355 - 08/24/08 03:54 PM Re: I may need help from you all... [Re: Princess Lenora]
Mountain Ash Offline

What you say Princess may I explain how I sense these issues.(Purely my personal feelings)

Nothing is in isolation.Mankind lives side by side by the elements.
In cruel winter when the days are short we long for summer.
But if we dwelled in the dark of a snowbound winter say without heat and never moved from that discomfort even when the sun is here then life would be bleak.
In summer we know winter will come by should be worry about it we would miss the joy.
When the land is apparently dead underneath lies the miricle od new growth.

People get stuck sometimes for years.Its up to those who know this to give aid.Just by being there and saying "I know and I care"
I have had "stuck" times.Bereavement..cruel happenings at work.But the analogy of the seasons has helped.
Mountain ash

#157393 - 08/24/08 07:24 PM Re: I may need help from you all... [Re: Mountain Ash]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Oh MA, your participation here is eloquent and poetic. It is so true that when the land is apparently dead, new growth appears. you know how when it's hot people complain and say, "I can't wait for winter...to wear sweaters." and then when it's winter people say "I can't wait until it's warm." Oh, another thing, there is an individual pace to new growth. PL

#157395 - 08/24/08 07:58 PM Re: I may need help from you all... [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Mountain, love the analogy.

Gims, this sounds so simple, but I mean it wholeheartedly, remember God's grace during times like this. It's free and abundant and graciously available. Embrace it and feel loved.

#157409 - 08/24/08 09:37 PM Re: I may need help from you all... [Re: Dotsie]
greene Offline

Loc: Atlanta,Georgia
Gims, I think 'detachment' is a good thing when it allows us to function and carry on through something. Some people say 'no, feel it all' but when life calls and/or the pain is too great why not view detachment as another tool to use to get up and carry-on the next morning. We all need tools to get us through and there are alot that are not nearly as healthy as a little detachment and time out. A time will come when things can be dealt with a piece at a time - just not yet.
I don't know anything about you, but I feel the pain in your notes and am sending thoughts of mental peace your way.

#157432 - 08/24/08 11:58 PM Re: I may need help from you all... [Re: greene]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I accept the permission to feel as I feel ... do as I think I need to do.

I want to respond to each and every post, so bear with me... there is morsel after morsel of gold, piling up. I hope this is helping everyone else, just as it is helping me!!!

Mama red, {{{squishy hugs, back}}}

Originally Posted By: Mountain Ash
Is the word you are looking for
Acceptance?
~~~~AND~~~~
Nothing is in isolation.Mankind lives side by side by the elements. In cruel winter when the days are short we long for summer. But if we dwelled in the dark of a snowbound winter say without heat and never moved from that discomfort even when the sun is here then life would be bleak. In summer we know winter will come by should be worry about it we would miss the joy.
When the land is apparently dead underneath lies the miricle od new growth. People get stuck sometimes for years.Its up to those who know this to give aid.Just by being there and saying "I know and I care"
MA, acceptance in contrast to rejection - very good word choice, indeed!
As for your season analogy, I read into it something else, something so meaningful...
People do get stuck for years in 'winter = mentally bleak times' (which isn't a bad thing, if it doesn't draw out too long), but by virtue of the 'heat = those who know that people can get stuck sometimes for years and say, "I know and I care,"' given those in 'winter,' they can be carried to a warm and safe place until summer comes again for them. May have to read that twice over... but, simply put, someone in bleak times, can be warmed by another, who understands, saying, "I know and I care." You gals are HOT!

EH, I'll meet you at the finish line ... with winners, all!!! You have made good points, again, and as usual. It's like you are speaking for me. (((hug, hug, hug)))

jabber, the word that rings out in your post is "COMPLICATED"... how applicable. And the more people involved, the more complicated things can get. I got blind sided by the dissension that developed in my family. There's no doubt in my mind that so many others experience similar scenarios... the particulars of your situation were probably dissimilar in root, but like in emotional nature and impact... and I'm sorry you had to grow through yours. I have to say it's comforting to hear words from those who have also felt the need to withdraw for self-preservation. For a long time now, I've looked upon my withdrawal as pitiful... even childish.

JJ, I've grabbed on so tight, your circulation will probably be cut off soon... I it's gonna take King Kong to pry my fingers loose... thanks!

Lynn, as hard as it is to realize that I may not find peace with my parents, at least I can find peace with how things are concerning me and my parents. I'd love to have the former, but if it's not to be, it's not to be. (Thanks so much for your input about this.)
Placing myself in a dying person's place, I see how reconciling differences wouldn't be a priority. I shouldn't expect a lifetime of pushing the matter down to dissolve because one of us will die soon. That's unrealistic. I had hoped... notice the past tense. I will now focus my energy elsewhere in regards to my dad - I will transfer hoping to his passing being easy. As for Mother, I have repeatedly been compelled to visit her again. I tried a month ago, but it was disastrous, not because of her... she cried nonstop for seeing me... it was because there was a crowd. But, because of something she said to me, while the crowd was present, and how it hurt, I know I'm not ready. That night, I started walking home from the hospital, too hurt to ride back with the people who took me. That night gave me a gift, though. I knew when I started toward the freeway that I did not want to die now - my thoughts of the big "S" were miraculously assuaged.

dotsie, thanks for reminding me.... and to mention, I see God is in each of you sweet ladies(((hugs)))

greene, I was told by a therapist to "feel it" in so many words. I did as I was told - let the feelings come, got in touch with them (as they say), processed them mentally, bagged them (an exercise that I was given), and then put the bags away. For a short while, it worked for me, and every so often, I still use the trick... but, it doesn't resolve any issues. I think the mental exercise of going through the steps simply takes your mind off the issue (which is there to come back with short notice, or none at all). This is hard to admit, but I have found that over the past two weeks - two weeks of minimal outside contact - I have started feeling more like my pre-2003 self. After a phone call, or an email, or a happenstance family encounter, I fight to get back to the described state that comes with being temporarily reclusive. greene, thanks! the more you post, the more I like you. You fit right in with all these other exceptionally bright women.

#157439 - 08/25/08 12:47 AM Re: I may need help from you all... [Re: gims]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Gims, our dear sweet friend. I don't think you even realize how intelligent, warm, and sensitive a person you are....

AND...you are helping those who lurk but are afraid to post. Thank you Gims, for being so kind and giving to the world!

#157463 - 08/25/08 04:16 AM Re: I may need help from you all... [Re: jawjaw]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
backatchya, JJ

#157520 - 08/25/08 06:34 PM Re: I may need help from you all... [Re: gims]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
gims,
I feel your and I know you feel my pain. I'm sure this thread is helpful to everyone that reads it. Every human alive goes through
distasteful things. No one can stay on the mountain top forever.
The valleys are bound to abound. But I love the love and insight
felt on this website. Prayers and blessings to all of you!

#157540 - 08/25/08 07:40 PM Re: I may need help from you all... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Spiritual warmth is something to behold on this here forum!
Love, love, love it!!!!!

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved