The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 89 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#157548 - 08/25/08 07:57 PM Re: I may need help from you all... [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
JJ, amen to that.

#157580 - 08/25/08 11:44 PM Re: I may need help from you all... [Re: Dotsie]
greene Offline

Loc: Atlanta,Georgia
Gims, thanks for the wonderful complement near the end of you post. It means alot.
Hope things are at least stable today.

#157599 - 08/26/08 02:16 AM Re: I may need help from you all... [Re: greene]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
gims high fiving greene...

Well, you may not believe this ---- they may be sending Daddy home tomorrow. I've not been told what this means exactly. I thought they'd keep him so he could remain comfortable. More when I find out. My nurse sister, who came in from FL, spent the evening with him, so maybe she'll get the full scoop - something only two or three of the eight of us children have been privy to (their doing), thus far.

Me - you may not believe this either, but then maybe you will - I got through three (3, get that? 3!) phone calls today, ones that would normally send me into my fetal curl. I processed them well. I give each and all of you full credit for that. mmmmmmmmwwhaaaa! smack, smack, smack...xoxoxoxoxoxoxo!!!!!

#157604 - 08/26/08 02:40 AM Re: I may need help from you all... [Re: gims]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hey, Gims, I am happy to hear that YOU are able to process in a crisis. (I hope you are not like me. I take months, or even years, or a whole decade to process.) I SO understand what you are saying. Bravo! I REALLY know what a milestone this is for you. There must have been some improvement in your father's condition. I am glad that you are able to gain your own perspective from the insights and the amount of caring and sharing via BWS. I did not realize that there are 8 children, or I knew it and it slipped my mind. That is a number of personalities to maneaver (sp?) Gims, standing strong. L, PL

#157612 - 08/26/08 03:20 AM Re: I may need help from you all... [Re: Princess Lenora]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
mmmmmmmmwwhaaaa! smack, smack, smack...xoxoxoxoxoxoxo!!!!!
back at ya!

#157642 - 08/26/08 11:49 AM Re: I may need help from you all... [Re: chickadee]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Gims

I'm glad you got the hugs...for some reason, I'm especially drawn to giving, and receiving, them and have been since I was a little one.

I don't have the details of your particular situation and do know the comfort and challenge of retreating into a place where there is no one else to deal with. I spent a long time living in retreat...coming out into the world because I had a son who needed me and, even then, finding solace only in 1 room of my own home.

Whether it takes a moment, a day, a year or a million years, you are doing exactly what you need to do to support where you are right now. Dealing with family dynamics never seems to be an easy task (I spent 8 years being shunned by my dad and the angst it caused the family was enormous). Your ability to reach out to this group and share is a phenomenal gift to all of us and I know you are touching so many hearts and souls by your courage and openness.

Your response to those 3 calls is nothing short of amazing...wow, huge kudos flying through the keyboard to you. That is an amazing feat, especially given where you are on this leg of your journey!

mmmmmmmmwwhaaaa! smack, smack, smack...xoxoxoxoxoxoxo!!!!!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#157649 - 08/26/08 01:06 PM Re: I may need help from you all... [Re: Mama Red]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
gims,
You sound stronger and that's great! Hugs and kisses from this
part of the USA! OOOOOOOOOOOXXXXXXXXXX Prayers and blessings too. There are 11 kids in my bio fam. I'm in the middle of the
clan. I attempted to post about the group, when you mentioned
your retreat back some time ago. But I lost that reply and
didn't find the time or will to repeat the mess. My situation
parallels your's, some. But we won't go there. It's apparent you found the encouragement and help you needed, here. So all I can say is, fantastic! Hang in. And hang on.

#157657 - 08/26/08 02:15 PM Re: I may need help from you all... [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
gims, keep breathing and dealing. Sounds like you're doing what needs to be done one day at a time. I'm still praying for your peace of mind.

#157944 - 08/28/08 08:32 PM Re: I may need help from you all... [Re: Dotsie]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
As a journal entry (I gave up true journaling after just a few)...
My dad still hasn't been released. They are working to see if they can stabilize him with meds. He will be bedridden once home, too frail to get up as he use to. He is experiencing pulmonary aspiration, which I understand can result in aspiration pneumonia... he worked in construction before going full time into the ministry, so there's no telling what he was exposed to... he has COPD, also. No one, not even him, will agree to detach the defib... the next jolt may cause more pain than he can handle. BUT, according to the nurse, today, he might outlive my mom - he seems to have the necessary will to live, she is willing herself to die.
What are we going to be like when we are on the top rung?

#157965 - 08/29/08 03:03 AM Re: I may need help from you all... [Re: gims]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Gims, can you please tell me what you mean by "on the top rung?" Do you mean on the top rung of the aging thing? Mama, I'm sorry to hear that you were "shunned" by your father for a period of time. Gims, he's going home. Nothing worse than being sick, frail, scared, and hospitalized. L, Pl

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved