The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 134 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#163600 - 10/23/08 05:25 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: Edelweiss2]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
Originally Posted By: Edelweiss2
I agree with JJ…your story is enthralling and heart warming.

And you have a gift for writing girl! Ha ha, “holy sleazebucket”,…never heard that one before…and “Maybelline eyebrows had half melted off…” I laughed out loud several times.

Yes! I want to hear how he proposed! Please Josie tell us more!!

Thanks so much, Edelweiss2 .... I'm racing out to the store right now .... but I shall certainly be glad to share how my Mister Big proposed, asap.

#163601 - 10/23/08 05:28 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: Josie]
Josie Offline

PS: I LOVE reading all your stories. I hope more women find their way here to share their personal narrative of one of life's most defining moments.

#163602 - 10/23/08 05:29 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: Josie]
cyclinggal Offline

Loc: Arkansas
Josie -- I loved reading your story about meeting your hubby. I would love to meet a man with his qualities.

How long did it take you to weed out 200 men???

#163630 - 10/23/08 10:01 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: cyclinggal]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I have underwear that lasted longer than most relationships. Mostly my fault though. I have standards and if they don't meet them, I'm outta there.

Standards like

a) No smoking
b) Light drinker
c) Loves children, any age
d) Loves to read/travel/cook
e) Doesn't have a mother, never did
f) Doesn't have children
g) Likes short, fluffy women
h) Has money running out the ying yang and wants me to have it
i) Has money run---what? Hey, it's MY list.
j) Knows how to fix plumbing, cars, and build things

And those are just the pre-dating questions.

#163634 - 10/23/08 10:24 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: jawjaw]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Josie, what a beautiful story! Thanks so much for posting it.

I've been speed-reading through BWS during lunch but had to stop and tell you how much this made my day.

Poet and essayist

#163638 - 10/23/08 11:12 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: meredithbead]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Josie, Thank YOU! and, may I borrow your line "Thank you God, for reminding me that no matter how dark life can be, you still have rainbows to make" for the poem funnin' thread? I'd love to have a poem with that in it... and you and some other very talented members could make that happen!

JJ, add to your list:
k. Knows how to listen as well as talk

#163671 - 10/24/08 01:42 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: gims]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Josie,
Did I say, I love your story about meeting Mr. Right! That's a heartwarming tale, girl!

JJ,
That list of yours, is my list, too. Except he has a mom. But
hey, nobody is perfect! But the rest, sounds like my hubby, almost!

Gims,
I like that statement of Josie's, too. It's profound!

#164055 - 10/29/08 11:25 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: cyclinggal]
Josie Offline

Originally Posted By: cyclinggal
Josie -- I loved reading your story about meeting your hubby. I would love to meet a man with his qualities.

How long did it take you to weed out 200 men???

I may have touched base online with about 400 men overall in a period of about 2 years. Most were weeded out in 15 minutes or less, but many more got the boot within a week of our initial online meeting.

In those days, we didn't have the relationship sites you have today. (I'm not sure I'd join them anyway. I prefer places where people who have common interests meet and interact) I went to many chat rooms on AOL, the mIRC, and other places.

In my heart I knew, "all it takes is ONE person." So I kept on plugging away until I met that ONE.

For those of you who are looking, remember that your significant other is looking for you RIGHT NOW! Isn't that amazing? And here you are reading silly me....lol

#164056 - 10/29/08 11:26 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: meredithbead]
Josie Offline

Originally Posted By: meredithbead
Josie, what a beautiful story! Thanks so much for posting it.

I've been speed-reading through BWS during lunch but had to stop and tell you how much this made my day.

Thanks very much, Meredith. You have no idea how much your post meant to me as well. Josie smile

#164057 - 10/29/08 11:28 PM Re: How did you meet your husband, or S.O? [Re: gims]
Josie Offline

Originally Posted By: gims
Josie, Thank YOU! and, may I borrow your line "Thank you God, for reminding me that no matter how dark life can be, you still have rainbows to make" for the poem funnin' thread? I'd love to have a poem with that in it... and you and some other very talented members could make that happen!

JJ, add to your list:
k. Knows how to listen as well as talk

Gims: Feel free to borrow anything but my husband! hahaha

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved