The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 160 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 16 of 16 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16
Topic Options
#101280 - 05/31/07 02:22 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
gerrbeck Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
I used to walk 4 or 5 times a week, at least 3 miles. I was feeling so good, the headaches I'd been having stopped, I lost 20 lbs, and it did wonders for the PMS! Then I gradually stopped while taking care of in-laws. For a while, working 2 jobs, was on that merry go round called life. The weight is back, my energy level is down. I'm always saying I need to start walking again, but you know how that goes. You'd think with all the positive effects I wouldn't even think twice about starting again. So everyone say Go Gerri, Go Gerri....I need to get motivated to do this.
gerri

#101281 - 06/03/07 12:33 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: gerrbeck]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I finely decided that as far as exercise is concerned, I AM HOPELESS!! Need a friend to walk with but thats easier said than done. So no exercise for me, and I gave up caring once reading that new diet book called: LIGHTENING UP. It is great and shows how to overcome, and ignore the need for exercise without the guilt. Fantastic!!! Works for me...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#101282 - 06/09/07 11:41 PM Walk the lab... [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Hubby and I walk our black lab puppy twice a day, about a mile and a half each time. We walk once at 8 a.m. and again in late afternoon. Puppies have so much energy, walking is one way to lessen the chases of the mutt using our house for a race track. After I was forced to put Shadow down, I really didn't want another dog. But my husband did. And it has a blessing in the sense that, Mister is now walking. I couldn't get him to walk before we got this dog. But our newest family member is so big and powerful, hubby feels obligated to man the leash. It's great. At least it's got him walking.

Chatty,
If I was anywhere near Vegas, I'd walk with you. But I'm not. So I can't.

Ciao for now,
b. rose

#101283 - 06/11/07 05:37 PM Sorry guys...Re: Walk the lab... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
bws,
I noticed a couple of huge typos in that "walk lab" post.
Sorry I didn't see them sooner, when the Edit was listed.
Oh, well. That's what happens, with little time and big concerns.

P.S. Still think walking is the best thing you can do for yourself!!!

#101284 - 06/12/07 09:11 PM Sorry guys...Re: Walk the lab... [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Go Gerri, Go Gerri, go, go, go Gerri!

I walk very early Anno. I have my sneakers,etc. out the night before too. I get up ten minutes before I go out the door. Whatever works.

Chatty, how about marching during commercials like you used to do? I thought that was a good idea.

Bonnie, wow, aren't you glad you got another dog. Geesh, she helps you get in three miles a day. That's awesome. Don't worry about mistakes. Also know that there is a little edit button above every post so you can edit the ones you write, if you like.

#101285 - 06/13/07 10:43 AM Sorry guys...Re: Walk the lab...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Funny you would mention that Dotsie, because I still do it when not exhausted from work. I don't consider it exercise exactly and now my friend has been doing it too. I wish I had more willpower to exercise, you know, not consider it such a drag. I love walking with friends.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#101286 - 06/13/07 01:18 PM Sorry guys...Re: Walk the lab... [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I love walking with friends too becasue you don't think about exercising.

#156691 - 08/17/08 07:10 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: klmr13]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
The thing that helped me with my heel spurt was massage. I faithfully massaged the back of my lower leg and the areas around my ankles. It took awhile, but the pain was finally manageable. I honestly can't say if the pain would have gone away without the massaging, but I'm thinking it might have helped, at least.

With my daughter's treadmill, I have been able to walk 15 minutes (getting myself started). I don't want to push it, since it's been years since I've had a walking routine - something like 20 years. I love this way of walking, because I don't have to worry with neighborhood dogs, and I can read while I walk. I'm working toward walking 30 minutes, one or two times a day...

This is probably of little interest to any of you, but if I put it here, I have established an accountability reference.

#156793 - 08/18/08 09:30 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

gims, good for you. You're lucky to have a treadmill to use. It's a great way to get reading done too! What are you reading?You're going for two times a day? That's fantastic. Keep me posted on how you're doing.

My walking partner is back to teaching so now we're walking at night. In fact, I have to go eat now so I can walk with her in an hour.

#157476 - 08/25/08 05:49 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Dotsie]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
heehee, dots... I am lucky that I have a treadmill to 'borrow.' I've missed 3 (three) days of walking. I did walk all of five minutes somewhere in the three days... but, it was to walk-off frustration from a phone call. I wish I could walk outside, so I could get some vitamin D. I'm just too afraid of dogs.

Page 16 of 16 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved