The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 104 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#158629 - 09/03/08 07:08 PM Check-in..Tell us how you are doing..
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
This is a thread that you, Dancer, started ages ago. I tried to find it again..but I can´t. My problem, I am sure. So I am re-starting it again. Hope that´s ok.

DON`T WORRY..I am not going to unload all that has been happening in my life lately in one go. I just want to say that my youngest..the one who graduated from gymnasium this past spring..is in the US for 1 yr..to study. I am missing him so badly..eventho I honestly believe he made the right decision. He left me his computer..so I have a BIG part of him right at my finger tips. He decision was a last minute decision..so we had SOOOO MUCH to arrange and organize in less than 2 weeks. We had the "time of our lives"..and so much was said between us..both verbally and silently. It was a precious time together that we had..and it will always remain in my heart and memory. I have spoken to him a couple of times since he left..and he is doing well..but missing us over here "so much that it aches". And we, in turn, are aching for him.

I have returned to work after the summer vacation..and I have 2 people who are very close to me that are not well at all. But that´s for another time. smile

SOOOO if I lost my patience with the new forum..which I know I did..and voiced my frustrations.. I apologize and am very sorry. Dotsie..I KNOW that you are doing everything you can and more.

#158630 - 09/03/08 07:17 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: humlan]
humlan Offline

Dividing this post in parts so I don´t loose it. There is an editing problem..but that is being treated in another post. smile

Anyway..as Eagle reminded me..it is hard to cope with a new format (for instance here at BWS) when my whole life is a new format,too. I am not know for my patience..never have been as I mentioned to you, Dotsie, a time before..so I guess I lost it here..when I lost my long post awhile back. SORRY!!! Truely sorry!!!

One bit of luck in this caos that is my life at the moment..is that my partner has a very bad cold wink and so he is at home when I return from work. I don´t have to face the emptiness that my son left behind. It´s exactly a week today that he left us..early in the morning. I can still see him waving and waving at a distance..feeling just the way I did/do. We staid up all nite on his last nite..neither of us wanted to sleep..and we listened to music..always the music..ALEGRIA meaning joyousness or the feeling or mood of joy. Also found on YOUTube by Le Soleil, I believe. And then the song, Halleluja. So much was said..and not said..but we could find it in the space between us. We sat and held hands and cried...

#158631 - 09/03/08 07:20 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: humlan]
humlan Offline

Ok..I´ve taken enough of your time..and space here. There is more to come..but that I will leave for another time. The powers that be..or the stars..or vibrations..of just plain life..has really served me a full plate at this time..and I am trying slowly to make sense of it all...and what I can do to help those around me.

But that´s for another time...

Maybe someone else wants to check-in, too??? blush

#158639 - 09/03/08 09:02 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: humlan]
Mountain Ash Offline

Humlan
blessing to you . a full plate...eat what you can..;leave the rest for another day.
These pictures you describe where you see your son waving...they will be replaced with updated pictures when you see him again.But meantime cherish your son from there.He will be experiencing similar pangs.
Music carries us at times...painful and poignant.

Checking in to share how we are..
good to see it back,
Mountain ash

#158643 - 09/03/08 09:41 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
humlan, the sharing of your son's last night with you is beautiful. The fact that neihgt of you wanted to sleep brought tears to my eyes. What a connection you two have.

If you like ,and it feels good, please tell us more about what he's studying, what state he's in, and if any of your boomer sisters could be his US boomer aunts.

I recall giving in to the tears when I just couldn't shake missing the kids. I'd also pick up the phone and call some friends whose children also left for college. That helped.
Feel free to post about the empty nest whenever you choose. There are others here who are also going through it. A Web cam helped Eileen.

#158651 - 09/03/08 10:01 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Bless your heart Humlan... You've just proved that you're human like the rest of us. No biggy. Emotions change constantly, yours and everyone elses, sometimes we're happy and sometimes we're sad, its life...HUGS

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#158662 - 09/03/08 11:32 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: chatty lady]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Humlan, I am happy that you are trying so hard to accept all of the changes in your life. You have so much going on right now. Be kind and gentle with yourself.

Love to you, Ann

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#158733 - 09/04/08 07:10 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Here's how I'm doing today:

Just back from a glorious vacation at the beach. I hate to say it, but the only thing that got in the way of a perfect vacation was the stuff going in the forums, and the fact that the site was down for a half day. Just being honest. Other than that, life was grand. There wasn't a cloud in the sky. Just blue skies and temps in the 70s and 80s. We were there with a couple other families that we've been vacationing with for years. This year was a bit different because some of the kids were already back in school. Our oldest made it down for a couple days so that was fun. We did as we pleased, which wasn't much but relaxing, reading, walking, eating, enjoying some wine and parking ourselves on the beach.

I came home to the news of a dear freind's son who is very sick so this has made me more prayerful, and on call for my friend. Very sad.

I heard from my daughter today who is away at college so I feel jazzed. I love hearing from her. She was calling to update me on her diabetes which is a good thing because she hasn't always acknowledged it in the past.

Am texting with my youngest so that's fun. Gotta love technology.

Doesn't take much to please me.

Have been working all morning. Did an internet radio show, am responding to email like a crazy lady. Posting as a diversion.

Have nothing in the house for dinner so I'll have to get a few things before then.

Doing laundry as I work from home.

Ran to farmer's market at lunch; one of my favorite Thursday activities. No biggie, but love the fresh fruits and veggies.

Concerned about my dad who is sounding more tired all the time.

Grateful to have hubby coming home for dinner and it will be just the two of us.

So that's how I'm doing today. A little bit of this and a little bit of that.

#158736 - 09/04/08 07:20 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
By the way Dotsie, how is Kellys leg?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#158737 - 09/04/08 07:21 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thanks for asking. She's all better. The hardest part was seeing her with the Elizabeth collar, but it did the trick. It kept her from chewing the bandage and incision.

How are you doing today chats?

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved