The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 102 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 13 of 14 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#171890 - 01/19/09 09:05 AM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany

#171904 - 01/19/09 02:31 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Edelweiss3]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
ED3,
That looks like the most comfortable spot in the world, to me.
Think I'll climb right in there!

#172042 - 01/20/09 08:14 AM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: jabber]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Humlan, we missed you and I'm so glad you're back!

Poet and essayist

#172084 - 01/20/09 06:08 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: meredithbead]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Welcome home, dear Humlan. When you get settled in, please drop by and let us know all about your trip. We're all anxious to hear.

Gosh, it's nice having you back!

#172087 - 01/20/09 06:15 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: jawjaw]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Welcome back, Humlan!

#172158 - 01/21/09 12:16 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sounds like humlan may be all for communal living after that trip. Looking forward to hearing more.

#173977 - 02/07/09 11:27 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Dotsie]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Hello dear friends...

Groan..Moan..Aj Aj Aj (the swedish equivalent)..I have bad pain in my knee..in the back of my knee to be exact..so it´s probably a tendont (spelling) or something rather than the bones?? I don´t know. I´ve stuck it out for almost 2 weeks..but now I am going to the doctor on Weds. I almost get nautious when it really hurts. I KNOW that some of you know exactly what I mean..but I just need to moan a bit..ok?

Otherwise all is well..MY SIL IS CANCER FREE!!!!!! My gosh..isn´t that just wonderful! I still can´t really believe it..that´s why I told you about my knee first. What an Ego on me, right??? Anyway..that is GREAT!!!

I am feeling like a hibernating bear right now..not really feeling too communicative. I am sure it´s the weather..time of the year..and my knee.. and my age..and WHATEVER!

Please know that I had a wonderful time in the US..and a tough time..all the ingredients that a larger family offers..like an Italian Opera or something. And I wouldn´t trade it in for anything else. But next time..I will NOT go at Christmas time..and that´s ok with my daughter,too. wink

Sending love to you all..thanks being around!!! smile

#173980 - 02/07/09 11:58 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: humlan]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Moan away, Humlan, that's what we're here for! I had a Baker's Cyst on the back of my knee as a teen. Once removed, all pain disappeared and never recurred. You might check with the doctor to see if that's it. Here's a link that tells about it:

http://www.medicinenet.com/baker_cyst/article.htm

Good to hear about your SIL! That's great news. And hibernating sounds good right now; we had 10" of snow last night so we did a bit of shoveling today. Now I'm showered and warm and ready to vegetate.

Take care!
Kathy

#173999 - 02/08/09 01:26 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
DD, how much snow have you gotten this year? Holy Moly. When will it end?

humlan, I hope the doctor can get to the bottom of this right away. Living in pain is no fun.

I am so tickled to hear this about your SIL. This is grand news. I'm sure they're all celebrating. What a horrendous several months they had as a family. BAttling cancer is one thing, but then ahving to travel for the funeral of a brother while weak, is quite another. I hope 2009 is gentler to all of you.

#174292 - 02/11/09 07:34 AM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Dotsie]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Humlan, I'm so glad to hear your SIL is cancer-free. I know how worried you were about him.

Poet and essayist

Page 13 of 14 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved