The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 87 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#158752 - 09/04/08 07:50 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The weather here is changing, cooler at night around 70 something and not quite as bad in the daytime because its been cloudy. This and winter is my time of year here.

I guess I am well, taking time off to watch the convention yesterday and today. My boss said it was okay, she is so nice to me, LOL!!!

While watching TV I am completing two tiny ponchos for JJ's grandkids for Christmas. They are so tiny, they look like doll clothes. I made one Paddy green with red and white pepermint trim and the other is Cherry red with green and white trim.

Sent a box of baby clothes to Vicki Taylor last week for her precious granddaughter and she PM'd to say they arrived...

I am still thinking of possibly relocating but not sure where I want to go. All in all, aren't you sorry you asked, LOL??? And I could go on and on too...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#158760 - 09/04/08 08:21 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: chatty lady]
Mountain Ash Offline

Checking in from Scotland.
At last some sun..the grass needs cuts so together we tackled it.The evening sky shows that tomorrow should be fine too.
My aim is to put my garden to "bed" so that when things pop up in early Spring I have order.
The little wooden summerhouse will be treated at the weekend.It my "sit outery"where I read drink my coffee and read.Have paints.and an easle.
My children bought it for me.Its comfortable and I have it painted yellow and green inside.I covered an old two seat sofa with retro material and have a folding table..My own haven.

I had an appointment with my chiro. .My left upper arm has been very painful.She did some work and said I had lifted something too heavy.I cannot recall.This summer we have redecorated and I have been continually active.Time to slow a bit.
One thing about being older is respecting my body.The mind is willing the body more fragile.
So its bed soon...I look forward to each new morning..I have nice things needing done.Home and garden...library.Family
Mountain ash

#158842 - 09/05/08 07:40 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Mountain Ash]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Hello Scotland! What fun that this thread is back again!And from everything you describe, Mountain Ash..you have really kept busy this summer. Time to start hibernating..slowly but surely. But I am glad to hear that you´ve had lots of fun this summer,too..doing what comes naturally smile

My dear friends..thank you for your kind words..and encouragement. I was feeling pretty weepy and lonely again this friday evening here in Sweden..but after reading all the posts..I feel much better. I am also nursing a good scotch and drowning my sorrows a wee bit. I am sitting my son´s computer so that his space isn´t empty. I remember that ne of my duaghter´s used to always sleep in her sister´s bed when she was away at hospital. "That way her bed isn´t empty, mom, and I don´t miss her quite as much." Smart girl..she was then and she still is smile of course,I am her mom..so I am a bit biased.

#158984 - 09/06/08 11:39 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: humlan]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
MA, your haven sounds heavenly. I must have missed a message where you discussed that you painted. Or maybe you haven't mentioned that before? Or perhaps my brain went stoopit? What do you like to paint? Flowers from your garden? It is so true that as we age the mind is willing but the body is fragile. I always mention my 102-103 year old grandmother (we don't know for sure as her records were not accurate via Ellis Island immigration) Anyway, her legs have lost their power. Still she tries to get out of bed to go to the bathroom, and she falls. We have to keep our bodies strong: yoga, weight training, walking, cycling. HUMLAN, you are going through quite an adjustment. Take care, PL

#159060 - 09/07/08 03:00 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Princess Lenora]
Mountain Ash Offline

Yes I paint.Watercolour.
I was good at school.Did not take this skill further.Read extensivly art history and find the subject fascinating.
Way back I mixed colours well.so there is some insight.
I go to exihibtions as often as I can.

But had lessons last year and love watercolour and mixing sky shore and moods.I am a sponge waiting to learn more.
My easle and paints were gifts for my retirement.I stock up on supplies so there is no barrier..just me being busy elsewhere.

Mountain ash

#159066 - 09/07/08 04:16 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Mountain Ash]
Princess Lenora Offline

Watercolor is a wonderful medium, full of surprises. Supplies are part of the fun! Good for you! You are very creative, I can tell from your poetry.

#159076 - 09/07/08 04:55 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Princess Lenora]
Mountain Ash Offline

To create is have faith. And at the end of each day I feel rewarded if I have achieved this goal.
Every meal...each flower bed..and window sill where I have plants and minerals is my joy.That is why I name homemaker in my profile here.To be a woman with a home she is happy in is wonderful.
The handworks I have done..earings sewing and scarves and crafts are the extras.I appreciate your comments..
Mountain ash

#159086 - 09/07/08 05:39 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anne, yes that's what I'm talking about. No fun!

chatty, I didn't hear you were interested in relocating. What are your thoughts at this stage of the game?

MA, home, garden,library, family - we share some of the same loves. Hope your chiropractor is helpful.

humlan, hoping the pain is lessening though I know how it comes and goes when a child leaves. For some reason, I miss my kids most on Sundays. I'm heading out to the garden soon to keep myself busy. That's the name fo the game for me.

PL, I totally agree with you about staying active. I have bad knees, but they are worse when I don't walk for exercise. We must keep active.

MA, I had an aunt who picked up painting later in life. It became her passion. She painted many lovely scenes that now belong to several family members. Stick with it. Make time for it.

Lazy, gorgeous day. Can't stand being in on a day like this. Heading to the garden, then to buy some music at the local B&N that Eagle recommended. It's close so I'll walk. Embrace the day!

#159116 - 09/07/08 09:04 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Dotsie]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
I just took today to be somewhat lazy. I didn't get up early then had a leisurely breakfast. Watched some politics on TV, did some editing on a manuscript and am now online.

It's still quite hot here in sunny Florida. We really don't see any cool weather till about mid October or so and then it's usually only in the evenings.

I chatted with my little grandson on the phone and he was a blast so that really made my day. I love lazy, easy days.
www.tidedancer.com

#159134 - 09/07/08 10:47 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Sandpiper]
Princess Lenora Offline

That sounds very nice, SP & Dotsie.

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved