The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 191 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#160849 - 09/24/08 08:00 PM SKYPE free phone calls- international too
underwearmaven Offline

Loc: Winston Salem, NC
I've come across several international members in this forum. SKYPE has been around for awhile so this is probably old news. But just in case, I'm posting. Ebay bought SKYPE and it's free to download the software so you can make phone calls from your computer. You'll need to by a 10 dollar headset with ear piece and microphone (or maybe your computer is already set up). Then you get your friends, especially those in other countries to also join. You can call most places in the free world from your computer to their computer for free. And if you need to call a land phone, calling from your computer to their land or cell phone is usually less expensive. I think the link is http://www.skype.com
It's especially good for multi-user calls. It also has the option of texting your message while talking in case someone can't understand good ole southern US english.

#160852 - 09/24/08 08:10 PM Re: SKYPE free phone calls- international too [Re: underwearmaven]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Another option is Magic jack. We purchased two units, one for home, one for DH when he travels. Initial device cost @ $39.95 plus shipping, and $19.95 use fee for second year... Other than your internet connection (existing expense), total cost. The only drawback we've encountered (once) was when the internet went down.
At this time, there's a 30 day free trial, full cost waived if not 100% satisfied.

#160922 - 09/25/08 12:34 PM Re: SKYPE free phone calls- international too [Re: gims]
underwearmaven Offline

Loc: Winston Salem, NC
Cool! thanks for sharing. smile

#160978 - 09/25/08 07:06 PM Re: SKYPE free phone calls- international too [Re: underwearmaven]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Yupp..from Sweden..I am a skype user from way back when they started..and it´s wonderful. With a webcam, you can see who you are talking to. Of course..the drawback is that they can see you,too.

I believe this system is also possible on Live Messenger..MSN..for free.

HUGS!!!!

#161025 - 09/26/08 01:48 AM Re: SKYPE free phone calls- international too [Re: humlan]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
I use Skype too...my adopted German "daughter" introduced me to it about 1.5 years ago 'cuz she wanted to actually talk to me...prior to that we had only had email. It has been a great treat and I've also used it to talk to a friend in the Netherlands and a potential customer in England. What a gift technology can be (when it works right...when it does, I sound like a sailor on the docks!).

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#161052 - 09/26/08 08:34 AM Re: SKYPE free phone calls- international too [Re: Mama Red]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I have skype too! Just let me know if you want to call...so I can put on lipstick, my bra, pull the nasty facial hairs, and lay on mascara. Then I have to hang one of those barbeque aprons with a gorgious skinny body printed on it around my neck...and I'm all set. lol

#161056 - 09/26/08 12:46 PM Re: SKYPE free phone calls- international too [Re: Edelweiss2]
Mama Red Offline

Oh lordy Edelweiss2...that is just too funny! You describe the exact reason I've risked hurting my honey's feelings...he bought me a webcam for Christmas and I've never hooked it up! Heaven forbid people see what I look like almost every day...big grin!

I loved the ad that used to run with the famous singer (don't remember her name right now) who was dressed to the nines for a conference call..from the waist up and was walking around in her fuzzy slippers.

My "daughter" lives in Munich and came from Karlsruhe (sp)....where are you living?

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

#161062 - 09/26/08 04:10 PM Re: SKYPE free phone calls- international too [Re: ]
Mama Red Offline

Grin....I soooooooooo getcha! It is a good thing I do a lot of my work by phone! PJs are awesome!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#161359 - 09/29/08 08:54 PM Re: SKYPE free phone calls- international too [Re: Mama Red]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
"My "daughter" lives in Munich and came from Karlsruhe (sp)....where are you living? "

Just saw this Mama Red...sorry.
I live about 40 minutes from Munich! My son lives there, so we are often in the city. Munich is my most favorite city on this planet. Have you ever been there?

#161365 - 09/29/08 11:36 PM Re: SKYPE free phone calls- international too [Re: Edelweiss2]
Mama Red Offline

Really? How kewl is that!

Unfortunately, no. I've never been there and have only heard tales of its beauty and attributes from the young lady I call my adopted daughter. S\

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved