The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 86 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#163160 - 10/18/08 11:56 PM Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Just wanted to let you all know that I had to put my sweet poodle, Rembrandt, to sleep last evening. He was 17.5 years old. He had been holding his own for a long time, but a week ago he had a seizure (which he hadn't had in over 5 years) and it was so hard on him. I took him to the vet a week ago today. We talked about letting him go, but the vet said to see how he did last week. So I took him in Tuesday and he seemed okay.

Then yesterday about 4:30 he had another bad seizure. He didn't come out of it very good. Had lots of trouble standing and walking. Cried a lot seeming confused bad. I called the vet and they told me to see how he did overnight but if I needed, the emergency vet was opening. So I waited for about an hour and a half but he kept crying and falling and being dizzy. So I took him to the emergency clinic and had him put to sleep.

I think I've cried a river of tears and still have more in me. Very hard thing to do even though I knew he was ready, you know. Had my little grandson today so that helped, but now tonight I'm missing him badly. He was such a kind, gentle, good dog and everyone loved him.

Sorry, but just had to tell you all about my sweet Rembrandt.
www.tidedancer.com

#163161 - 10/19/08 12:36 AM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: Sandpiper]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Don't ever apologize for telling about your beloved pet! I feel all the same emotions....and my dogs are here. We've done this so many times....most of them died on their own. It's so very, very heartbreaking. They are so beautiful and perfect.

How very sad. They are immortal to me.

Rest, Sweet Rembrandt, on your Creator's lap.

#163162 - 10/19/08 01:32 AM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: Di]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Sandpiper, I'm so sorry for your loved Rembrandt. I'm lighting a candle for him and a prayer for you.

#163163 - 10/19/08 01:46 AM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: Di]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
" If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~Will Rogers

Dear Sandpiper, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved pet. Give yourself time. Mourning is a way of saying goodbye.

#163165 - 10/19/08 01:48 AM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: ]
Mij Offline

Sandpiper, I'm so sorry about Rembrandt. What a long, wonderful life he had! It is so hard to lose a pet, and especially hard to have them put down. I've been there many times.

I will keep you and Rembrandt in my thoughts.

Mij

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

#163187 - 10/19/08 01:15 PM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: Mij]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sandpiper, I'm so sorry to hear about your doggie. Georgia had to put Trixie down a couple weeks ago. How sad. I know there are lots of animal lovers here who will be carrying you in their hearts.

EW, love the quote. I've never seen it.

Mij, where did you find that? My MIL would have loved it. I recall buying her several books about animals and heaven because she wanted to be certain animals were going to be there when she arrived. Love that visual.

#163205 - 10/19/08 04:03 PM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: Dotsie]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Sandpiper, so sorry for your loss. They leave a hole in our hearts when they are gone, and no other pet can replace them. We lost 2 pets this year - one in March and one in August - and there are still times when I expect one or both of them to come running to meet me when I come home. I don't think we ever get over the loss, but the pain does dim with time. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#163206 - 10/19/08 04:06 PM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: Sandpiper]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Sandpiper,
My heart goes out to you. I put my 15-year-old Shadow
to sleep on Feb. 28, 2006 and I can hardly stand to
think about it. I had to change vets. I still see her
in my mind's eye the last day of her life, and it kills
me. I know how you feel dear lady. When I die, I want to go to "doggy heaven!" Prayers and blessings..

#163211 - 10/19/08 04:43 PM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: jabber]
Mountain Ash Offline

Sandpiper
I feel for you and your loss.

I still miss my little cairn terrier Rhona...had her from senior school through to my marrriage.she taught me how to love another being. She continued to live at my family home and the day she was no longer able to welcome me there I lost part of my heart.
Each cairn we see we call a Rhona dog..my children were tiny and when she met them for the first time as babies she gave the "once over"...standing up to the pram..then accepting.How she knew they were my baby is a mystery.But she did.
All the years since I have deep feelings for my first love..my little dog.

I have had pets since..cats I ADORED but only one Rhona..

may you remember your sweetie with fond memories..
Mountain ash

#163215 - 10/19/08 06:23 PM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: Mountain Ash]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Sandpiper, I am sorry for your loss. I am keeping you in my prayers.
Hugs,

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved