The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 101 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#163229 - 10/19/08 08:51 PM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: chickadee]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Hi Sandpiper

I am so sorry about your dog...I know it must have left a pain in your heart and in your home. To blessed memories of joys shared with your furry friend.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#163242 - 10/19/08 11:10 PM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: chickadee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You know what a dog person I am, and I am so very sorry for your pain, and know it is a deep, real pain. It does ease some with the passage of time, but not much unfortunately.

MIJ, I was okay reading all the posts above until your picture surfaced, then I lost it. Just beautiful!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#163256 - 10/20/08 01:24 AM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: chatty lady]
Mij Offline

I found out about The Rainbow Bridge when I lost one of my pets a few years ago. I find it very comforting.

#163272 - 10/20/08 12:09 PM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: Mij]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Jawjaw,
I was going to post this yesterday and then got distracted.
I'm also sorry about Trixie! To those of us that love animals, our pets are such a major part of the family unit. And it's hard to lose kinfolk. Please accept my sympathy and prayers for your loss.

#163276 - 10/20/08 01:17 PM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: jabber]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Thanks Jabber...your thoughts are appreciated. Sandpiper and I have been exchanging thoughts and hearts on the loss of our friends. It's just something we have to work through.

I know I speak for her as well when I say that you all have given us great comfort with your kind words and thoughts on our behalf.

#163343 - 10/20/08 08:04 PM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: jawjaw]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Every animal lover in the world feels your pain! You're not alone, ladies!

#163771 - 10/25/08 09:25 PM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: jabber]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Well, it's been a week yesterday since I put my Rembrandt to sleep. It's been hard and I really miss him. I'm sorry for not answering all of your warm, tender, heartfelt, loving words. I so very much appreciate all of them. It's good to know those of us who love animals all feel the same about when they leave us.

I never had a pet for any real amount of time when I was growing up. My parents were not pet lovers so when we'd get a dog, it seemed like we'd only have it for maybe a year if that long. So when I got Rembrandt my heart was lost at first glimpse. Beautiful brown color and the most soulful eyes. I could see through to his soul.

Thanks so very much for helping me make it through this week. I'm sure it will be tough this week when they call and I have to go pick up his remains. But I didn't want them to just do whatever with him. So we decided to keep his remains.

I love all of you, my boomer sisters. Thanks.
www.tidedancer.com

#163779 - 10/26/08 12:44 AM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: Sandpiper]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Sandpiper, I'm glad you're keeping Rembrandt's remains. We have a 'shrine' of sorts with the remains of our pets over the years. It's sort of comforting to see their urns and remember them. None of them are gone as long as we have our memories of them.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#163806 - 10/26/08 08:05 PM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: yonuh]
Sandpiper Offline

Thanks Yonuh, I feel the same way. I couldn't let him be put just anywhere or in a communal grave. Not my style. I'm sure it will be hard when I pick him up this week sometime, but I'd rather have him with us.

I'm glad you did the same.
www.tidedancer.com

#165526 - 11/14/08 03:36 PM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: Sandpiper]
Sandpiper Offline

Just wanted to post this here. We started the summer with a beautiful 8 year old cat that belonged to my daughter. We found out he had a bad heart condition. We took him to Tallahassee with us and overnight he became very sick. We didn't know he had the problem. He ended up in the emergency vet overnight. We brought him home and took him to our vet and he advised us to put him to sleep. That was the end of August.

Then you all know that in October my 17 year old pet, Rembrandt was put to sleep.(Thanks again for all your thoughts. It was so appreciated.)

My sister, who lives with us, had Rembrandt's brother, Obsidian. He was also 17 years old. They were from the parents 1st and 2nd litters. Well, last Monday Obsidian had a seizure like Rembrandt did and when she took him to the vet, she decided to put him to sleep also as he had lots of problems.

So we are now after 2-3 months totally without any animal friends in our home. It feels so odd and empty here at times. It amazes me how very much they were an integral part of our family. It's been a tough year loosing all three of them.
www.tidedancer.com

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved