The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 81 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#165536 - 11/14/08 04:09 PM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: Sandpiper]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Wow, so many losses in such a short period of time. I'm so sorry. Do you have plans for getting a new pet.

#165613 - 11/14/08 09:52 PM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: Sandpiper]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sandpiper the fact that your dogs lived so long shows how well they were taken care of, and happy they must have been. When the time is right maybe you'll give another lucky dog a good home, filled with love.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#165673 - 11/15/08 02:43 PM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: chatty lady]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Thanks for your kind words Dotsie and Chatty. I don't think we are ready yet for more pets. I imagine sometime we will, though. The house seems very quiet and empty without them.

We miss all of them. I am trying to put together a scrapbook album of my pet thinking that will make it easier.
www.tidedancer.com

#168027 - 12/18/08 03:27 AM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: Sandpiper]
CalicoKate Offline

Loc: Colorado
Oh my gosh Sandpiper that had to have been so hard. You have all of my thoughts and condolences as I have been in your shoes. It is such a hard thing to endure.

We have 2 sweet little ones and can not imagine the day when we have to make that decision.

I did have to make the decision for one of my precious pets. It was extremely difficult. But I know that he is in a better place.

The other pet I did not get to be there for, but I also know that she is in a better place.

The better place is that they do not have to suffer any more and do not have pain any more.

They were/are part of my family and always will be. We always remember their place in our memories and they will always be part of us.

- If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

#168046 - 12/18/08 12:24 PM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: CalicoKate]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

My two ladies, Reeta and Rosee are going to be 12 years old on February the ninth and that makes me nervous. I can see them aging and know it will be up to me again to do the right thing when the time comes. I will just hold them and hug and love and spoil them all I can until their time comes. Yorkies can live pretty long lives but one never knows for sure. I will look on the bright side until then however and thank the Lord they came into my life when they did...

#171720 - 01/17/09 08:43 PM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: Sandpiper]
Mary Cunningham Offline

Loc: West Georgia
I'm so sorry about your beloved Rembrandt. I can so relate because we had to put our dear Molly to sleep a couple of months ago. We had adopted her from the Miami Animal Shelter many years ago.

A kind person on another site send the Rainbow Bridge story that I see has been posted here.

I hope it gives you comfort. It did for me, but I still cry over Molly and miss her terribly.

Please accept my sincere sympathy for your loss.

#171741 - 01/17/09 11:03 PM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: Mary Cunningham]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Welcome Mary to a place filled with loving and caring women. I am so sorry for your loss and don't think we ever stop hurting for our departed pets...
They are like well behaved children that adore us always.

My grandson just lost his two wonderful pets, Angel, a 4 year old Chihuahua and Papa, a 7 year old Stafforshire, in a house fire. Did you get another pet in 'honor' of Molly, because we can never replace the ones who've gone.

#171791 - 01/18/09 03:27 PM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Mary Cunningham,
Welcome. Sorry for your loss. I agree with Chatty. We can never
replace the ones who've gone beyond. I have dogs that have been
put to rest twenty years ago, I still think about. In fact, I
think often of every dog I owned since I was a kid. It's never
easy to lose a beloved animal. Prayers...

#171794 - 01/18/09 03:32 PM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: jabber]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Welcome Mary. I can empathize with you as well. Although I have a new "friend," I still call her Trixie, the name of my beloved boxer. I had to stop myself and remind myself gently, this isn't Trixie...and give Dolly, my new boxer, her due.

While it never leaves you, time does help to soften the loss. Welcome to the site. I hope you'll stay and post often!

#171908 - 01/19/09 02:50 PM Re: Put my Beloved Dog to Sleep [Re: jawjaw]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
When we go to Florida in March every year, we camp in Savannah,
Georgia. There are a couple favorite campgrounds we frequent
in that area. Georgia is a pretty state. Welcome aboard, Mary
Cummingham. We had friends in this area with that last name.
Nice folks. Prayers and blessings,

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved