The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#163931 - 10/28/08 02:48 PM Writers - Step Forward
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I know we have plenty of writers in this group. Why not try your hand at a story for the OUR VOICES section of the site and submit your story to Dots?

I think we all run in here to the forums (I know I do) and we sometimes forget there are other offerings here on the site.

With Thanksgiving coming up, and of course, Ho-Ho, I bet some of you have a story of giving thanks, or decorating the tree, or even the tree falling...inside of you waiting to come out...Yes?

I once had a tree everyone called The Charlie Brown Tree. My sons would bring people by the house to see it. Standing, all I had to do to put the star on was to reach out and lay it on top. It was that short...LOL!

Got a story? If so, go HERE to read the guidelines and submit!

#163939 - 10/28/08 04:25 PM Re: Writers - Step Forward [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Thanks for the reminder JJ. will check it out.

#163962 - 10/28/08 06:57 PM Re: Writers - Step Forward [Re: Edelweiss2]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

If I'm not mistaken, that was one of the first ways that I got to know you, EW, was by your entry into a writing contest here. It was so good!

#163966 - 10/28/08 07:09 PM Re: Writers - Step Forward [Re: jawjaw]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Oh, I forgot about the Voices section. I might give it a try.
www.tidedancer.com

#163987 - 10/29/08 04:12 AM Re: Writers - Step Forward [Re: Sandpiper]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
JJ, what topic do you think there's a shortage for? I can't write, really... but, I love to edit.

#164006 - 10/29/08 01:35 PM Re: Writers - Step Forward [Re: gims]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Here's a few areas that could use some stories, but all of the sections are open, as always, if you see a better fit for your story.

Hair
Prescription Drugs and Alcohol
Empty Nest
Girlfriends
Menopause
Discovering Midlife Passions

#165394 - 11/12/08 07:16 PM Re: Writers - Step Forward [Re: jawjaw]
LGood67334 Offline

Loc: California
I like the idea of sharing stories. Even if your life feels boring to you, it will be fascinating to others. JMHO, of course.

Lynn
www.writeradvice.com

#171127 - 01/13/09 08:23 PM Re: Writers - Step Forward [Re: LGood67334]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
How did I miss this one? I may try to give something a go. I am very self conscious when it comes to writing. I really want to so badly and have so much to share and tell. But the fear is overwhelming to me.

I have read the books from many here at the forum and I enjoy them just as much if not more than those "best selling authors" out there. I don't think I would measure up and I say this as trying to be realistic and not try to be negative.

I'll tell you what I have discovered I love doing the most and it is research. I don't mean sitting in front of google and looking things up, I mean research as far as trying things myself to interviewing people to just plain exploration.

I don't know if there is a market for that though.

I remember when I was visiting Greece in the summer of 2000, a woman had asked me for directions to the post office in the town. I noticed she was American and asked her if she was visiting. She said she was there on business. She was working for an author and she was there to do research on the Knights of
St John. How cool is that?

Cheers,
Cathi

#171242 - 01/14/09 06:14 PM Re: Writers - Step Forward [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Hi Cathi

There are LOTS of people who despise researching stuff so I would think there would be plenty of folks who would adore having someone else take that task off their hands. If you're interested in having a go at it, maybe we could brainstorm some ideas for where you could find people interested in that! I'm thinking of many speakers who need background information, authors who have an idea and no time to do the detailed research, etc.

My 2 cents for the moment.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#171267 - 01/14/09 08:18 PM Re: Writers - Step Forward [Re: Mama Red]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

This IS a market for it. One of our own here is a researcher and has a degree in the same (right?)...if she chooses to, maybe she could tell you more about it?

But I think it is an excellent field to get into. I LOVE researching as well. LOVE IT. I love finding a needle in a haystack. Go for it. Check with you local junior college or community services where they give college courses. You might find some courses in researching you could take in your spare time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved