The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#164391 - 11/03/08 04:08 AM Re: Marriage Proposals [Re: Dotsie]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Originally Posted By: Dotsie
Di, why the tire aisle? Now that's different.

I like the style of your current hubby best!

Oh!! LOL! You thought that was from THREE husbands?? LOL!

All the same husband!

And the tire aisle......I guess he was just so "in love" he just had to ask me right then and there!! wink

#164412 - 11/03/08 01:27 PM Re: Marriage Proposals [Re: Princess Lenora]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
The first time my hubby asked me to marry him was about 20 hours into our first date. Yup, a 20 hour first date! We met for dinner and had an amazing time, then went to my place...and both decided to call in "sick" to work so we could spend the day together. About 4 in the afternoon we were all snuggled up and out of the blue, he looks at me and says "will you marry me this summer"! I was stunned into silence (something that doesn't happen often I assure you) and then started grilling him on what marriage meant to him, why he wanted to marry so soon, why he meant by "husband", what he expected of a "wife", etc. He said the look on my face was pure inquisitor! I waited a whole 4 days before saying "yes" (yup, I was as smitten as he was!).

Why the inquistor? 'Cuz I had been married twice before and wasn't really sure if I ever wanted the title "wife" again!

A few months later we split up for a while and when we got back together I told him his proposal didn't count...we were starting over and if he still wanted to get married, he could ask again. Within a few weeks he started dropping hints about how much he disliked separating for the week (we only saw each other on the weekend), how he missed me when I was gone, etc. This went on for several weeks until, one weekend, he needed to complete a "who to notify" form for a class he was attending. He put down my name and in the space for "relationship", he put fiancee and then showed it to me. I said, in no uncertain terms, I wasn't his fiancee and he looked at me with this adorable little pleading look. I stuck to my guns and cracked up when he later said "we could always go to the Justice of the Peace" downtown!

Now how romatic is that...grin! I reminded him that this wasn't a proposal. He tried several other sneaky ways to say he wanted to get married...and each time I reminded him that wasn't a proposal. After several tries, he finally got the hint and asked again!

Guess my stubborn was coming out, eh?

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#164425 - 11/03/08 04:13 PM Re: Marriage Proposals [Re: Mama Red]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Mama, great story. Did you two meet online? If not, how did you meet?

#164471 - 11/03/08 08:08 PM Re: Marriage Proposals [Re: Dotsie]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
He came to my place of work, from the north of Sweden. I was recently divorced from my husband of 32yrs. He had split up from the mother of his child..about 3 yrs before. He was not married to her. We started messaging on our cell phones about all sorts of silly things and serious things. We both love Metallica. And he could see no reason heavy enough for war...And then about 4 months later..a cold dark January nite..about 8yrs ago..about 2:30 am (we are both night owls)..he suddely wrote: (in Swedish) I think I love you. It caught me totally off guard..and it took me the rest of the nite, before I answered him. The following summer, I found my apartment..had been living in a friend´s son´s apartment..he was a national hockey player..and my partner moved in with me. And here we are..together still..but not married. This is quite normal here in Sweden. I had been married. Done that. Didn´t want to do it again.

Freedom..? The freedom he gives me is total. I can be myself..he loves me for the mistakes I make along the way..because this makes me more human and loveable. He is a man from the north of Sweden..and they keep alot to themselves..or so they say here. I don´t really have to travel to find prime time for myself..it´s totally accepted here at home. If we go for latte at our favorite cafe.he will talk about everything and anything. He is well read and keeps up with current news. We make our latte at home often,too. It´s a process starting with grinding our own coffee beans. And ending with whipping up the special milk for this purpose.

He is endowed with a very positive and balanced outlook on life..so he helps put my 2 feet on the ground when life gets to be too much..and I start loosing it. I have 4 kids in this life (and 1 more in the other)..and 4 grandkids..so there is alot in my life to tip the scales for me now and again.

He is 35 and I am 61..and I have ever experienced the freedom that I know with him and the love..just for being me.

I bless the day he found me. And we live life together one day at a time..well..mostly he does. I am the neurotic wink in our relationship..but, as I said..that´s ok smile

It´s been fun remembering..makes me warm all over smile

PS..and we still message to one another during our day..since then we have both changed jobs..and now we work at different places..he with school children and me, with preschoolers.

#164473 - 11/03/08 08:39 PM Re: Marriage Proposals [Re: Princess Lenora]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I think my husband asked me after two weeks of dating. I told him I hardly know him. He then took me to Yugoslavia for a two week vacation.

Our vacation was as romantic as it gets. Dancing every night by the ocean. candle light dinners, and ancient romantic towns to explore.. We had also met fun couples at the resort, with whom we still are in contact with. They were all single, and they all got married within a few months.

On the last vacation day he asked me again. We were on a boat ride, viewing the choppy water splash against the cliffs.. I was very much in love and I said yes, not knowing I was already pregnant. A month later we got married.

That was 33 years ago.
smirk

#164542 - 11/04/08 05:47 PM Re: Marriage Proposals [Re: Edelweiss2]
humlan Offline

Oh..I do like this thread! smile I get "that loving feeling" when I read everyone´s post! smile

#164553 - 11/04/08 07:43 PM Re: Marriage Proposals [Re: humlan]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Proposals, hummm? I had three but guess I am waiting for number four to be made. I never say never because one never knows whats around the corner, and I ain't dead yet!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#164564 - 11/04/08 08:54 PM Re: Marriage Proposals [Re: chatty lady]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Hi Dotsie

Yes, we actually did meet online (through match.com)...in fact, we had so much fun with the story of how we met that we incorporated a "reinactment" as part of our wedding ceremony.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#164719 - 11/05/08 05:52 PM Re: Marriage Proposals [Re: chatty lady]
humlan Offline

God knows you ain´t dead yet, lady!!!!

AMEN TO THAT!!!! grin grin grin

#166804 - 12/02/08 12:08 AM Re: Marriage Proposals [Re: humlan]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I was thinking of joining E-Harmony but have you seen their questionaire? My truthful answers would scare most men away!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved