The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 104 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#167434 - 12/11/08 11:39 AM Re: Marriage differences... [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
thats a good explinasion chattie. I gess it will work if you pick the right type of man but some never grow up (second hand experinses of course)

#167501 - 12/12/08 04:24 PM Re: Marriage differences... [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, glad to hear your thoughts on older men. I was thinking of a few people I know who have gone for older men, and they were very needy. I love your description of your relationship with Chet. He must have been a real winner.

#167540 - 12/13/08 12:30 AM Re: Marriage differences... [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
He was a gentleman in every way, everyday! I miss Ed my first husband sometimes too, BUT Chet was my true love, my soulmate, the one I still cry for many more nights than I care to admit.
He is always somewhere in my mind.

Dotsie, he was so young at heart, playful and full of life and had such hopes and dreams for our future. I never felt so loved and cherished ever by anyone.

The age difference when you love a man much older than you is something that has no meaning to you, no place in the relationship, it is about as important as a freeckle on his nose, get it? It is NOT a factor when one loves and marries for the right reasons.

As far as your friends are concerned, each man and woman is different, as is each relationship. I can speak only of the one I enjoyed for fourteen years.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#167582 - 12/13/08 03:18 PM Re: Marriage differences... [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I like younger guys. But, hey, that's just me. The important
thing is that you're happy. A person's age, looks, abilities or
disabilities fade, when you really love them. I guess the ole
saying, "love is blind," must be true to a certain extent.

#167603 - 12/13/08 10:35 PM Re: Marriage differences... [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Well I had both, the young one first, my age and then the older man later on, 19 years my senior and I said it before and will say it again, the older man is and was my true soul mate.

Now understand he was 44 and I was 26, so he wasn't exactly ancient or over the hill by any means. And my eyesight is as good or better than anyones here.

#167638 - 12/14/08 01:42 PM Re: Marriage differences... [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Chatty,
There are some good looking older men out there. All I'm saying
is each to their own.

Anne327,
Stay away from jerks: Nice guys like to read!

#168104 - 12/18/08 08:36 PM Re: Marriage differences... [Re: ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
What about joining a book club, Anne?

#168109 - 12/18/08 08:40 PM Re: Marriage differences... [Re: ]
Happy Birthday Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Anne, you got to hang out at golf clubs. Just stop at the bar, juggle a couple of golf balls, and presto;...a bunch of divorced guys will offer you a drink....(at least I hope they are divorced.) cool

#168110 - 12/18/08 08:41 PM Re: Marriage differences... [Re: ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Good grief hun....then I'm surprised you've found time at all to date. Have you ever thought about getting a pen pal from another country? Just a thought. And not to "date" in that sense, but to have as a friend...and who knows what could come from that? Just a thought and not trying to get into your personal life, but I always think of you when I read something or see an article I think you might like to read.

The NABBW is having a great teleseminar in February on finding your true love. Are you a member? If so, you could listen in on that!

#169126 - 12/27/08 09:14 PM Re: Marriage differences... [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Sounds omninus to me Anne, but I will say this only once and can hardly believe it is coming from my man hating mouth, BUT you can't or at least shouldn't lump all men together because so many are rotten. There is a good one in the pile somewhere but they are harder to find than a 'eat all and whatever you want diet' that really works...

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved