The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 125 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#170198 - 01/06/09 05:29 PM Re: Marriage differences... [Re: Dee]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Personally, I love to come in here and vent. We all need a
release! And here, everybody understands and most likely feels
the same as you're feeling at any given moment! Vent! Go ahead and vent! It's good for the soul!!!!

#170238 - 01/07/09 11:32 AM Re: Marriage differences... [Re: jabber]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
I don't think i ever heard you whing or whine. quite the opposite in your case maybee a bit more talking would't be a bad thing if you can and not feel too vulrible. I bet it be nice to let some of the women you support through their difficult times get a chance to give you some support now.

the picture you described of him in that state its more than easie to see why you did let him in, as you say the change in his employment statise is something neither of you bargend for and perhapps he'd be gone by now if it haden't changed. Too bad it did and your in this delema now.

if you don't bring this up untill its resolved then i will respect that but i do hope you don't hold back when you need a chat becouse ya think people will think xy or z of you.

anyway preyars still on the agenda and i am whishing ya well coping untill it gets resolved.

#170269 - 01/07/09 02:52 PM Re: Marriage differences... [Re: celtic_flame]
jabber Offline

Chatty,
You've been so supportive to all of us. Your heart is a big as
the Grand Canyon; we know that. You've been so kind and sweet.
I pray for your happiness and blessings; and may goodness and
mercy follow you forever and ever.

#170362 - 01/08/09 12:11 AM Re: Marriage differences... [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thanks ladies, your words have been heard by me and are engrained in my heart.

Today he was up early and out pounding the pavement which he promises to do until he lands another job and can vacate the premises. He has been extremely pleasant and giving me my space. He said last night, "that an old dog can learn new tricks and the proper behavior when all he gets is that kind of example from the person he lives with."

I can see he is really grateful that I took him in and cared for him when there was no one else who would. At least he's trying, thats something.

Besides his losing his job unexpectedly, the economy and many other jobs went into the toilet all at the same time. It's going to be hard for him to find something local and so I have to be patient.

I've spoken to God in prayer but can't help but wonder if God doesn't have a purpose for one of us with the situation being the way it is.

Thanks again for your kindness and support.

Oh and Anne, no poison oak but plenty of poison Oleander bushes. Did you see the movie with Michelle Pfiffer, White Oleander?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#170409 - 01/08/09 09:15 AM Re: Marriage differences... [Re: ]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Chatty, you have such a good heart. Taking in homeless animals and homeless x husbands. This is all in your nature. I saw this cartoon, and thought of you, my dear friend.

I'm sure it helps to hear your x expressing his gratitude and not taking your generosity for granted. And as you say,...who knows what this is good for. Maybe someday he will be there for you too.

#170482 - 01/08/09 10:51 PM Re: Marriage differences... [Re: Edelweiss3]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
What an adorable cartoon and yep thats me alright.

Now BITE YOUR TONGUE Edelweiss, I would rather be in the care of a couple of chimps than this ridiculously stupid man, or dead, either would be better than being in his care - (less.)

Well today the going out everyday to find a job ended. It seems Thursday is not a good day to job hunt. And of course I suppose Friday, Saturday and Sunday are the weekend, so of course there no good either... Are we getting the picture here?

#170526 - 01/09/09 08:10 AM Re: Marriage differences... [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Chatty, I was just taking you up on your cue about God and purpose and such…
But I get the picture; - nuff is nuff… oh brother.

#170541 - 01/09/09 02:54 PM Re: Marriage differences... [Re: Edelweiss3]
jabber Offline

Folks keep tellin' me, "God must have some greater good in mind."
While truckin' through difficult times, it's hard to see what
God is up to. So we hang in there and keep hopin'! Hang in!
Hang on! Chatty, dear.

#170556 - 01/09/09 04:23 PM Re: Marriage differences... [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
you must be a bit disaponted with his short work finding week, i know i would be.

I do hope something good transpires in the end for you. I could't think or say what it might be but i know youv a big trust in god.

heers hoping its soon.

#170570 - 01/09/09 06:18 PM Re: Marriage differences... [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, I know I don't have to tell you this, but this is such a tough time to find employment. I know many people looking right now and not much is going on. I heard on the news the other day that when you're job hunting you should get up at the same time you would arise for work, and begin the day with searching. They also shared that most jobs are found online these days and not by hitting the sidewalk or newspapers. Maybe he could get on monster.com or soemthing, but then, I'm guessing he'd have to use your ocmputer. Am I right?

Keep the faith.

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved