The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 109 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#164253 - 11/01/08 12:35 AM My flippin' BANK!! (Chase!)
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I'm upset with my bank AGAIN! I band at Chase. THIS time, I made a large cash deposit at the bank, using a teller and by the time I got home and went online to check my balance, they LOST it!

Oh yes, they lost it. It was not listed as being made, it was simply not there! I could not believe it!

So, I make a fast trip to my branch. I talk to a bank employee who imforms me that if I don't have the reciept for the deposit, they have no way of knowing I made it!

Imagine: I would have lost almost 1000.00 if I could not prove I was there and made the deposit!

But, I HAD the reciept! Luckily, I save all my deposit reciepts so I could prove I deposited it.

It was cash and should have been available, as my bank does things, immediately!

Now, since they lost it, the corrected my account and told me it would be there TOMORROW!

I had written a check to my son for college and it would have bounced it it hit his bank today. Luckily, it did not.

I am waiting for them to return my cash now.

Is there a better bank? My bank is constantly messing things up!

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#164257 - 11/01/08 09:10 AM Re: My flippin' BANK!! (Chase!) [Re: dancer9]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Dancer, your story is not uncommon. Yes there are big differences in banking. I would change if I were you. Did they at least apologize?

#164258 - 11/01/08 09:13 AM Re: My flippin' BANK!! (Chase!) [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The best bank I have found Dancer and have used since 1990 is Wells Fargo. Their banking online is so simply and they seem to always be helpful and right on the ball. I'm sure they have branches in Arizona. I also use Nevada state but think they may just be in Nevada... I always save all my receipts no matter what!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#164264 - 11/01/08 10:31 AM Re: My flippin' BANK!! (Chase!) [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dancer, I keep telling my kids that banks make mistakes so they better check their accounts and credit card bills. If you don't mind, I'm going to share your story.

What other issues have you had with them? I'm just curious. That's a big mistake. Glad you had your receipt.

#164321 - 11/01/08 11:00 PM Re: My flippin' BANK!! (Chase!) [Re: Dotsie]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
As a matter of fact, Dotsie, I have a merchant, bank issue right now!
Here is what happened:
I was at a Dillards and was making a purchase. I used my debit card, slid it through the machine and put in my pin. The clerk said to give her my card and let her do it. She did so on her machine, (the register,) where she said it was declined. I told her that the money was there and this morning, in fact, I had put some cash in my checking account. She proceeded to call Visa to see if she could get a number to let it go through. I waited through her finding the number to Visa, finding her Merchant code and all of that junk they do. Visa approved me for the amount, still using my debit card.

When I came home yesterday to check my balance on line, I had THREE charges pending for the same amount that my purchase cost. I had three EXACT amounts for about 352.00 pending on my checking account, tying up all that money.

I had been charged THREE times for the same purchase.

Chase, in their wisdom, told me that next week "it would work itself out," when they did not have matching reciepts for three of the exact same amount. They told me all would be well this Tuesday! Therefore, that money was tied up in my checking account for that amount of time and WORSE.

I had put into my checking account, from my trust, only the money I thought I might need to shop that day.

I found out that my account, because of the three charges was OVER DRAWN.

So, I was back on the phone to Chase and they said that I would not be charged a fee for being over drawn but I still had to wait until Tuesday for it to "fall off."

There you have it. A merchant charging you three times and Chase's answer to the problem!

Tell your kids to watch how they use their credit cards or debit cards! TELL the merchant what you are going to do, credit or debit, and if they need to scan again, you may be charged twice!

Because she called Visa, for me, it was THREE times!

I'm still waiting!

THIS is why I am screaming about my bank AND the merchant today...

Dancer, money magic.

"Question your privilege"

#164327 - 11/01/08 11:47 PM Re: My flippin' BANK!! (Chase!) [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I feel your pain Dancer, there is nothing that irks me more than when someone plays with my money. I know they're wrong, they
know they're wrong, and still I am the one penalized, geesh!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved