The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 104 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#165139 - 11/10/08 02:14 AM Re: Have we forgotten real purpose of this for [Re: humlan]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Just so its clear I am going nowhere unless asked to leave. I love it here and all of you, even the ones who disagree with me or what I say. It is free speech won by all the men and women who died to preserve it for us all. If I can, I will continue to try to enrich the lives of those here I love in whatever way I can. It makes me feel good to help. I came into this discussion because I was not aware of any problems and was surprised by the emails I was getting.

I am here more than most, depicted by my 13,725 posts. I was trying to defuse the situation and all I managed to do was worsen it and become the fall guy, AS USUAL!!! OH well, someome has to be it I guess. Considering what I am living with now, sorry but this is a cake walk for me ladies...

Eagle and others here, what I did and do is more pleasure for me than anyone else will ever know, but thanks for remembering it. Lordy, I need a cookie!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#165142 - 11/10/08 02:59 AM Re: Have we forgotten real purpose of this for [Re: chatty lady]
MustangGal
Unregistered

There is no reason why we cannot have "conversations" that promote altruisim and affirm our thoughts, ideas, beliefs, feelings, etc., and where not all are right nor wrong.

Yet, I know those who are quick to blame. Therefore, I agree if one were not to agree or appreciate a particular matter to either 1. ignore and don't visit that particular subject matter, or 2. if one does disagree and comment as such with honesty and personal fervor, then please do not attack them for having done so.

Also, one can simply "ignore" a user.

Don't judge someone unless you know your story.

"Judge not, that ye be not judged" (Matt. 7: 1). In verse 2-5 it is evident that v. 1 is referring to hypocritical judgment. The lesson is plain, you cannot judge another for his/her sin if you are guilty of the same sin.

#165146 - 11/10/08 03:46 AM Re: Have we forgotten real purpose of this for [Re: ]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I think airing out our complaints has brought us all closer together. It feels fresh and warm here now.

I thought again about my statement on the sales thread. Maybe that wasn’t quite right of me. I know many of you have sold here because of that thread. So just ignore little old me and my petty gripe. Don’t mean nuttin’ anyhow.

Do you all feel better too? I feel like we have just let the sunshine in!

#165149 - 11/10/08 09:35 AM Re: Have we forgotten real purpose of this for [Re: Edelweiss2]
Mountain Ash Offline

Chatty with great respect and love

trying to disfuse a situation is fine in some instances but when several women feel there has been an issue that is of concern then perhaps it should be addressed.

I post again due to seeing that Humlan who has so much to content with posts so lovingly..
but the fact that a discussion trying to clear a situation gets more of the same old same old is disappointing .

you say if a person is not happy here then they wont be happy anywhere.
I disagree.
I have happiness in many areas of my life...and may be saddened should I loose contact with some of the others
but would see the process as experience and trust that the Universe will provide as it has in the past other
opportunities to engage in.
Mountain ash

#165150 - 11/10/08 11:48 AM Re: Have we forgotten real purpose of this for [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I am at a loss for words. I missed a lot by not being here from three something yesterday until now. Is it fair to say that everyone has shared what's on their mind about the purpose for this forum? If you visit other forums at this very moment, you will see the purpose of BWS in full swing. I hope that's what we choose to do. I'm sorry some have been hurt by this post. The intention was to get us back to peaceful, thoughtful communicating. I hope that's what continues to take place in other topics.

#165151 - 11/10/08 01:14 PM Re: Have we forgotten real purpose of this for [Re: Dotsie]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
This thread reminds me of something I learned through years of therapy...that introspection is crucial - to a point. But there always seems to come a time when the focus has to turn outward again, or I become too totally immersed in self and unable to see anything else clearly enough for that introspection to be of any value.

I think this thread has been crucial. But I'm wondering if it's had its moment and its say, and if we're getting to the point where we're just going to end up, as Chatty says, beating a dead horse. I think it's clear that most of us here (I'm basing it on all the PM's and emails I've been receiving over the past few days) want harmony, respect and that spirit of generous caring that so many of us give and receive and want to continue nurturing here. That never means having to give up one's opinions or perspectives or rights to be all that we are individually, but perhaps finding ways to discuss our diversity so that others can learn through the exchange instead of feeling attacked for believing what they believe.

I'm heartsick that people have been hurt here, particularly in this thread which set out to address the problem of people being hurt. And I'm sorry, not for participating, but for making anyone, particularly Chatty, feel attacked or unheard.

For me personally, I would also like to sign out of this thread and go back into the other forums and start "practising what I preach" by being the kind, caring listener for others that so many here have been for me. Kindness begets kindness...if enough of us practise kindness, respect and generosity of caring again, that's hopefully what BWS will become again.

(Maya Angelou)

#165154 - 11/10/08 02:06 PM Re: Have we forgotten real purpose of this for [Re: Eagle Heart]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Amen to that...I'm here for the long haul, I guess. I love you all too much! And besides, the holidays are on our doorsteps. Let's have fun, enjoy each other's company and carry on!

#165163 - 11/10/08 03:05 PM Re: Have we forgotten real purpose of this for [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks ladies. This post will be closed at the end of today.

#165195 - 11/10/08 06:06 PM Re: Have we forgotten real purpose of this for [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well, I just wanted to tell you all I was so upset by all of you being so upset, I made a dozen chocolate, fudge & nut cookies and ate them all with ice cold milk, so there!!! But I am paying the price today however as my jeans don't want to zip...Whoa is me! Love to you all and a huge HUG!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#165209 - 11/10/08 07:06 PM Re: Have we forgotten real purpose of this for [Re: chatty lady]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I like your cure all better, Chatty. I've been just eating antacids by the bottles full.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved