The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 64 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 9 of 14 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 >
Topic Options
#167027 - 12/05/08 04:04 AM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Di]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Di, my father, who I loved more than I can say, died a few days before Christmas. I feel his presence with us during this time, and it makes me feel closer to him now, than any other part of the year. Try to welcome those thoughts you have and turn them around from sadness, to a sign of warmth and love from your dear Mom.

#167028 - 12/05/08 04:43 AM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Edelweiss3]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Thank you, EW. I just don't feel my sadness can be fixed. It just is. And it's been for a long, long time. But, thankfully only around this time of year. It's not a continuing depression by any means.

The world revolves around "family", of which either I am not around or I have none (children). The world has no idea how isolated those of us feel when just about EVERYTHING out there...advertising, songs, TV etc...tells us what we are missing.

I truly understand the suicide rate being higher this time of year. NOOOO, I'm not one of them.....but I understand it. This is one big reason why I am thankful that our business is a busy one.....we do not have much time to think.

#167103 - 12/06/08 01:36 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Di]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
Di, I completely understand your sadness around Christmas. When my older kids moved away, there was still me and a young son, and my now ex-husband. He was always depressed around Christmas (and every holiday, including everyone's birthday except for his), so I decided we'd travel to Chicago, where my entire family lives, and celebrate with them. We stayed in my parents' house, and they had a tree, so my young son could enjoy that. I still make the trip every year, just to be with my family at Christmas time, despite the occasionally treacherous weather. One of the days I'm there I make dinner for the entire bunch, whoever isn't visiting inlaws that day, usually at least 10 people.

#167134 - 12/07/08 01:56 AM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: DJ]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Hope one day Christmas day will be transformed for you. Just let it be and may one day the butterfly of christmas will rest on your shoulder without you searching so hard for it.

At the very least, hope you and hubby have a lovely meal together.

#167140 - 12/07/08 01:03 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: orchid]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Thank you for your well wishes, ladies. Ooouch is right.

Dotsie, I believe this is called irony. One of my readers actually asked a relevant question about it before I blogged about it. Dental trauma seems to be my path.

This was different from all my others. A tooth that was extracted decades ago was not cleanly remove at the root and that root tip became infected. I also had bone reabsorption and they had bone splinters, bone chips, and bone spurs on both sides of my jaw removed. My periodontist placed material in both sides of my jaw to even out my jawbone line where the reabsorption had changed the shape, stiched me up and sent me home.

What I learned: Jaw surgery after tooth loss is common.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#167162 - 12/07/08 06:32 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Saundra]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
OOOO Saundra..doesn´t sound like lots of fun at all..you poor thing!

I am packing for the US..and my daughter and her family and my son who got away wink we leave early on Tuesday morning..my 2 grandkids and I..can´t believe it..but I guess better start believing!

They have a computer..so I´ll be in touch now and again!!!

Hugs!

#167256 - 12/08/08 11:44 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: humlan]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Humlan, where in the US are you going?? Must have missed something. But good for you!! I hope everything will be what you need at this time.

#167259 - 12/09/08 12:48 AM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: ladyjane]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Humlan's about 6 or 7 hours ahead of us, isn't she? That means she's probably already up and getting ready to go to the airport...or tossing and turning in bed afraid she's going to miss the alarm clock!

Humlan, have a safe flight...it's going to be so wonderful to have you on this side of the pond...

LadyJane, I think she's going to be in PA...but not sure where.

(Maya Angelou)

#167307 - 12/09/08 05:14 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
It is PA. She isn't sure exactly where in PA, but has my number becasue if it isn't far, I hope to meet her.

#167396 - 12/11/08 12:10 AM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Humlan, I hope you all have a wondefrful and safe trip and the holidays are the best ones ever for you. Keep us posted if time allows.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 9 of 14 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved