The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 92 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#167151 - 12/07/08 03:03 PM Re: Well Hellooooo Dolly! [Re: jabber]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh I did. That's when I ran and got the camera...then I cleaned it all up. Sigh...the good news is that I had bought the 12-pack of Charmin! LOL!

I realize now that one of the problems is that Dolly needs a playmate. I'm thinking seriously about going to the pound and getting another dog. I can't afford another boxer, but I could rescue one of the dogs from the pound...and I'm thinking seriously about doing just that.

#167169 - 12/07/08 08:45 PM Re: Well Hellooooo Dolly! [Re: jawjaw]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Jawjaw,
I don't blame you. I thought about getting Xena a playmate but
I've got all I can do to clean up after her. I'm much too easy
going. They'd drive me nuts. But I do understand that temptation very well. Good luck with that!

#167183 - 12/07/08 11:43 PM Re: Well Hellooooo Dolly! [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
JJ who is that in your new avatar? Adorable little doll!

I would council that you get a smaller dog than a boxer and a FEMALE. Maybe a dog less that a year old or one may not do well with the other. I personally have always had two pets to keep one another company. A large dog for protection but then a smaller yappy dog because they hear everything and when they bark the larger dog pays attention. Good luck with your decision whatever it is.

With my rescue work, my home is usually like a zoo. But at night when all curled up together on the sofa, its heaven...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#167230 - 12/08/08 01:28 PM Re: Well Hellooooo Dolly! [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

I thought that was da Queen's baby picture. She's a cutie!
Chatty, I love that you do rescue work: It says to me you have a warm, compassionate heart. God Bless you for that. I had three dogs at onetime when I was younger. But Black Labs are big. And I'm NOT as young as I used to be. Xena keeps me hoppin' as it is. She runs and plays with certain dogs over in the park. And then her cousin lives here during every major holiday. So Xena gets chances to socialize. I love Boxers, though. It's a huuuggggggeeeee temptation to adopt a Dolly baby!!!

Edited by jabber (12/08/08 01:32 PM)

#167233 - 12/08/08 01:38 PM Re: Well Hellooooo Dolly! [Re: jabber]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dogs and cats are just so loving, so free with their love...I'm crazy about animals. They also make great company because I get to do all the talking.

That picture is my oldest grandbeauty...she's 4 now. That was her first Christmas. I've always loved that photo and it makes me smile.

#167279 - 12/09/08 02:22 PM Re: Well Hellooooo Dolly! [Re: jawjaw]
jabber Offline

I'm with you jawjaw: I love animals!

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved