The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#169132 - 12/27/08 11:30 PM Re: What do you want for Christmas? [Re: Dee]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Today I had an amazing shopping experience - talk about being at the right place at the right time. Can I turn it into a long story? Because it all conspired to get me there.

My step-daughter took my granddaughter out snow-tubing yesterday. Came home late last night and realized she still had the car seat. So we had to go all the way back over there this morning (they live at the other end of the city and in the opposite direction than we had planned to go this morning). I was frustrated because we had a long list of errands we had to run. But we drove, along sheer black icy side roads to get there, dropped off the seat, then SD asked if we could do a quick run to WalMart for something she had seen in the flyer. I detest WalMart on a Saturday, especially this particular store on a Boxing Week Saturday because it's so small and very crowded at the best of times. But what could I do.

So we went. While waiting for her to find her stuff, I browsed through a big bin of DVD's, and had just stepped over to a cart full of "overstock" DVD's when a store employee reached around me to pass a "Wii Fit" to the other employee who was working at the cart right beside me. I looked at it in amazement, knowing that Wii Fits have been impossible to find in Canada for weeks. I asked the guy if it was for sale, and he handed it to me and said "yes, but hold on tight because it's the only one we've got left". He said a small shipment had arrived early that morning and they had all sold within minutes - this was the last one. I was delighted. We don't have the console yet, we're planning on buying it in April (unless we see it on sale before then) but we couldn't pass on the Fit, since it's notoriously difficult to find in Canada.

Maybe Someone up there knows how much I need to start exercising?

I had to come back to add something...as many of you know, I've been working on this Law of Attraction/Resonance thing for a very long time. After reading some of Mama Red's posts on the subject recently, I decided to try it again. I read the suggestion in one of the books to start out with something simple, just for fun. So for about two weeks now, every day, several times a day, I've been asking "the Universe" for a Wii for Christmas. I did what the book said to do, to vibrate happy positive vibes out into the universe about this Wii, imagining how much fun I was going to have with it, especially the Wii Fit. I imagined everything I could think of, again, every day, throughout the day. Christmas came and went, no Wii. But I just realized that I DID get it, not the Wii, but the Wii Fit which I actually wanted MORE than the Wii itself. Mama Red, are you reading this? This is the FIRST TIME that it's worked for me. Whoo Hooo! Now I'll have to start vibrating for the Wii console...

Edited by Eagle Heart (12/27/08 11:39 PM)

(Maya Angelou)

#169181 - 12/28/08 03:35 PM Re: What do you want for Christmas? [Re: Poppie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Oh, EW, What a neat snowman! Never saw a hot snowman before!

#169217 - 12/28/08 09:55 PM Re: What do you want for Christmas? [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You know EW, I saw the snowman but never saw Larrys face on it until I read Jabbers comment and went back to have another look. Very cute, both your idea and Larry!

I visited the 92 year old women whose book I wrote and she was in her usual good spirits. I asked her how come she was always in such a happy frame of mind? She said something that really made me think I wanted to share with you all...

She said:
"For the one thing you might be thinking of that makes you sad, think of two others that give you great joy."

She insists that when you do that in all things in your life, before long all you'll see are the happy things. And those stress free things will give you a long and happy life. Ladies pay attention Ruth is 92 years young and going strong.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#169241 - 12/29/08 12:43 AM Re: What do you want for Christmas? [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i am delighted fo you eagle that you got your wii fit BUT that the law of attraction thing started bringing stuff into your life so proving its worth...and thats a whole masive area of descusion in and off itself smile

#169244 - 12/29/08 12:51 AM Re: What do you want for Christmas? [Re: celtic_flame]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Wal mart is in Canada?

#169247 - 12/29/08 01:02 AM Re: What do you want for Christmas? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Eagle Heart Offline

Thanks Celtic; it was neat to see it work. I'm trying it again with something else simple. We'll see how it goes.

PL, WalMart has been in Canada for several years now. They're not online (well, they have a website, but not an online store) like the US WalMart. We're not huge WalMart fans, but do like how they carry things that we can't get anywhere else, like some US brands.

(Maya Angelou)

#169249 - 12/29/08 01:05 AM Re: What do you want for Christmas? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi EH, of course there is WM in Canada. WM is ubiquitous! Like you, I would want nothing to do with a WM on a Saturday. So I would have been reluctant to step in the store. Can you believe the good luck you had? Syncronicity, coincidence, the LofA. So glad you got what you wanted, or at least half of it!

#169258 - 12/29/08 01:20 AM Re: What do you want for Christmas? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, what a gift. How sweet that the guy handed it to you and told you to hold it tight. He could have kept it for himself or a friend. It was meant to be!

Your mention of black ice reminds me that we are all living with different weather conditions. We've had no black ice yet this winter. That freaks me out more than snow. I once had a friend bombing down the highway at about 60 miles an hour when she hit black ice, swirled out of control, and fortunately landed back in the middle of the highway with no cars around. Her account of that happening will always make me more aware of icy conditions. Be careful while you're out there getting around this time of year.

#169261 - 12/29/08 01:23 AM Re: What do you want for Christmas? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Eagle Heart Offline

Well, PL, they say that part of the LofA is behaving as if you already have the object. So in the spirit of that premise, I bought a Wii game today (according to my step-daughter who is an expert in Wii, it was a good price). So I expect the rest of the Wii to cross my path any day now...

We played on my granddaughter's Wii all afternoon today. Well, she and my step-daughter played, I played with my grandson and loved every moment with him. Anyway, this was my first opportunity to actually see a Wii in action, and have to admit that I'm even more sure it will be a fun thing to have.

Edited by Eagle Heart (12/29/08 01:28 AM)

(Maya Angelou)

#169263 - 12/29/08 01:28 AM Re: What do you want for Christmas? [Re: Dotsie]
Eagle Heart Offline

Thanks, Dotsie. Today was crazy. We pretty much had to skate to my step-daughter's car this morning. The main roads weren't too bad, but the side roads are still like skating rinks. Sheer ice. Her car has winter tires, so they have excellent grip, but the other problem we had today was the wind. At one point I thought the wind was going to swoop under her car and pick us right up. We were really glad to get to where we were going! The wind and warmer temps eventually melted most of the ice off of the roads. Which meant lots of deep puddles and slush coming home - it was a great day to be wearing my Bogs Boots!

(Maya Angelou)

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved