The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 100 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#168089 - 12/18/08 07:48 PM Re: Weird Weather!! [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Well slap me nakkid and hide my clothes! Snowing in Sin City? Holy cow! I don't watch the news (for more reasons than I want to count) and so I had no idea you all were under a blanket of white. I new Dancing Dolphin was, but not you all, Chatty.

Take it from me, DO NOT make snowcream with the yellow or green stuff...k?

#168095 - 12/18/08 08:11 PM Re: Weird Weather!! [Re: jawjaw]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Or brown, don't forget the brown stuff...that's NOT STEVIA!

(Maya Angelou)

#168125 - 12/18/08 09:19 PM Re: Weird Weather!! [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Woke up today to water, water everywhere and none you'd want to drink, LOL!!! They now say the snow has ended and it will be cold in the 40's but no further white stuff. The sun has returned at least so far today. It may rain next Monday...How do they know that so far in advance anyway???
I am not sorry to see the sloshy stuff disappear.

Going to a Christmas party/luncheon at 3:00 p.m today and have new suede shoes, not good in water or snow.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#168131 - 12/18/08 11:15 PM Re: Weird Weather!! [Re: chatty lady]
chickadee Offline

Chatty did u make a snow woman? Have fun at the party.
No snow here yet but it's cold enough at times to freeze the balls off a pooltable.

#168140 - 12/19/08 01:00 AM Re: Weird Weather!! [Re: chickadee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Nope Chickadee, not a snowman in sight, BUT hear ye, hear ye, I met a man at the luncheon today. He has lived in the same resort for eight months and is single from New York. Tall, slender, blue eyes, grey hair and plentry of it too, and he was polite and very friendly.

I walked into the hall and found a table, sat down for about ten minutes and noticed him sitting on a sofa looking my way. Finally he got up, came over and said, "are you here alone?" I said, "Yes, so far anyhow." He asked if he could keep me company? I said, "sure!" So he and I spent the afternoon talking and he waited on me, getting napkins, soda pop, more of everything served and we had fun. Two other people joined our table and we had a lovely time. He asked if he could call me. I gave him my business card, so we'll see. NO big deal but it was fun being flirted with by a nice looking man my age...

Like my dear sainted mother (LOL) always said, when you stop looking BAM, fate hits you right between the eyes.

#168143 - 12/19/08 01:33 AM Re: Weird Weather!! [Re: chatty lady]
JackieG Offline

That's exactly right Chatty, the minute you stop looking for that special one, they come to you more quickly - it's almost like when we worry or obsess or maybe LOL come across as desperately seeking susans, fate closes us off from meeting or being open to the right one, but when we relax then we are open to new opportunities or new people...

Edited by JackieG (12/19/08 01:34 AM)

#168181 - 12/19/08 01:55 PM Re: Weird Weather!! [Re: JackieG]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I've seen where different parts of the country are getting crazy snow storms. Ijust hope everyone will make it home for Christmas.

The weather in Baltimore is so all over the place. One days it's in the 20s and then a couple days later, it mid-50s and sunny. I much prefer this to all cold weather. The older I get, the less I like the cold. I can see why people retire to warmer temps.

How many have people traveling to your home for the holidays? We have one son coming from NY, but that shouldn't be a problem.

chatty, was this a party where you live? And if so, does he live in your neighborhood? Looking forward to the unfolding story. I bet you were reveling in being waited on. You go girl!

#168214 - 12/19/08 04:00 PM Re: Weird Weather!! [Re: Dotsie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

We had fog so thick yesterday and the evening that you could have cut it with a butter knife. Today, it's going to be in the high 60s. Then it starts going down again. Topsy, turvey...crazy!

#168249 - 12/19/08 08:23 PM Re: Weird Weather!! [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Yes Dotsie, it was the Christmas party for the resort where I live. And yes he has lived here now for about eight months, moved here from New York, a retired broker of some sort. Not sure there will be a story to tell, I am not looking for a relationship and he seems to be, but yep, enjoyed all the attention he gave me at the party.

Called a friend today to see what was up and she was out in the driveway shovewling ice and snow. It hadn't melted in Henderson, up her way yet. Imagine that! Its still cold as a witches tit, near 38* but the warm sun is shining brightly...

#168306 - 12/20/08 01:39 PM Re: Weird Weather!! [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Every other day we get a storm; the snow's being measured
not in inches but feet. What's up with that? I know. I
know. Those are the hazards of living in New York State.
But still...

Edited by jabber (12/20/08 01:40 PM)

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved