The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#168073 - 12/18/08 03:57 PM internet xmass shoping!!
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
anyone else tried this year?

i sure its stressfull being mangeled by the chgristmass roving croweds and i glade i started earlie and glade thers no highstreet needed for me now just some last minet stocking fillers.

my whing is on lost forgotten passwords and usernames (i sure the more organised will find this laughable) but the stress of will they arive via post is driving me nuts...

anyone else tried to internet shop this year and how you getting on?

#168077 - 12/18/08 06:24 PM Re: internet xmass shoping!! [Re: celtic_flame]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Celtiiiiiiic!!! Missed you.

Heck, I wish I could shop online but my network's been phished twice. I phone in my orders instead or shop the traditional way...on foot! In between lunch breaks and sometimes on my way home from work when I am in town. Very tiring!!! I have found a good way of getting my shopping done easily though with my grandchildren's clothes. And, I get assigned a personal shopper at that for free! If you promise not to laugh, I might just tell what I do when I go shopping for clothes.

#168086 - 12/18/08 07:29 PM Re: internet xmass shoping!! [Re: Lola]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
I rather shop the internet than the mall. I can always find what I'm looking for on the net. Plus, I can shop in my jammies. smile

#168115 - 12/18/08 08:44 PM Re: internet xmass shoping!! [Re: Cookie]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
No I haven't tried it. I must admit what I want (cycling clothing for women) the U.S. has some great choices but I'm not keen to pay customs fees for international pkgs.

#168172 - 12/19/08 12:39 PM Re: internet xmass shoping!! [Re: orchid]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Shopped in my jammies for everything this year. I love coming home from work to find more packages on my porch. All I have to do is find the Christmas wrapping paper. The stores make me crazy, especially this time of year. IMHO, I find whatever I want online and save soooo much time shopping this way.

#168192 - 12/19/08 02:42 PM Re: internet xmass shoping!! [Re: ladyjane]
celtic_flame Offline

ok ok i take it alllllllll back lol. My minor hichups with passwords sorted then back to shoping in ease.

iv just gotta hope that when the post arrives i am in as their be no time before christmass to do redirection, baaaaa to postal services for stuff thats too big for leterboxes.

I actualie had to waite in cue (line) for 45 minets just to have my bommers cards weighed and mesured to post to usa and europe, it wase't cheep but the waite was too long (sorrie i should have had them done earlier) i chatted away to people before abnd after me in line but i still had a mountain of stuff to be done which wase't but goes with the teriotorie for me.

internet shopping NOW a life saver as L been very very sick with worst flue he's ever had and now his routines broken and he wont steap out over the door, (at lest i am in for the post lol) we now getting low on groceries as at a push he be bundled into a pram in his pj as the supermarkets at end of road.

His routiners broken and i think intimidated by the hussle and bussle. So therd be not much gift wise if it wase't for internet. smile

i just grumpie becouse two items didn't arrive that i am waiting to repost so another post christmass christmass present arriving for another familie member thank god their used to me lol.

I use the TV channels as well LOLA but i finding half price AGAIN with clearense sectiones of pre christmass stuff they have't sold.

one i8tem (not me) a 3/4 crt of dimons including baget cut on sholders in yellow gold for £70.00 it sold on tv for £140.00 which is alreadie an amazine price but a few didn't and i found it and was amased.

LOLA so whats the funnie thing you do and how weer dose personal shoppers in uk? (apart from harrods lol smile
I also miss you too, its quite without you in heer and no one else will talk to me for an hour or two about god on the phone lol.
would it be adaptable to L as he wont buy give in to new cloths that easilie as they smell funnie frown...and he hates the newness !!!!He also informed me that a t-shirt, no matter how special was not a thing for a christmass present lol,He dose't know that its a football shirt (soccor shirt) with HIS name and 5 for his age in febuarie , hopefullie he will like it it be too small for me lol/.

anyway iam converted and done most shoping via phone or internet , i am glade i am in good companie ...and so far iv not missed the christmass buzz, if it can be called that !!!

#168235 - 12/19/08 07:00 PM Re: internet xmass shoping!! [Re: celtic_flame]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Creative thinking, Celt. And, I let virtue fall by the wayside a bit and...wait for this...LIE. Simply lie. I go up to the personal desks at Zara, John Lewis, Harrods, Selfridges etc. and tell them I'm colour blind and have trouble picking clothes. They then assign a personal assistant to help me out and I have a breeze because I do not have to sort through the racks and shelves. I know...I have got a lot of mea culpa-ing to do. I tip them though. That could be redemptive LOL! LOL! LOL!

#168552 - 12/22/08 07:34 PM Re: internet xmass shoping!! [Re: Lola]
celtic_flame Offline

ha ha yha haaa NOW i wase't expecting that you lied but i love your cheek and i am surprisezed but at same time i am not becouse i know how cheekie you can be lol. did you create or descover this by someone telling you how to do it or just overheared someone else doing it and thought youd do it too.

I supose you always have help and companie and a second oppinion on things and their bound to know their stock inside out lol.

good bit of creative thinking indeed. I let you know how i get on if i can try it out too. smile

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved