The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#169965 - 01/04/09 07:09 AM Re: Gemstone Healing [Re: seek]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Cathi, glad to hear my babies arrived safely and are doing their job! Yes, everything I make is my extended family, in a metaphysical kind of way LOL.

Seek, nice story about your moonstone.

I had a creative day Friday, in spite of myself. I was supposed to be cleaning my room but there were beads on my desk... Well, I dusted the windowsill.

Working with gems always makes me happy.

Poet and essayist

#170222 - 01/07/09 02:14 AM Re: Gemstone Healing [Re: meredithbead]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Well I think your babies had much to do with my blood pressure getting lower than usual. Which is good! I went to the doctor to follow up on the Adenopathy, and my pressure was good. The lump was gone too. I think it was the side effect from the flu shot.

Anyway Meredith, I am so glad you are making the jewelry and you are in tune with the energy they bring forth. I know this has much to do with everything.

Seek, I have always loved rocks and when I am in Greece I will go to the beaches with the rocks. Because of the water washing over them, you can see the beautiful colors. I have collected them and brought them home. In fact, I remember one time I had the rocks in my suitcase and when Richard tried to help me with my suitcase he said, "What do you have in here...rocks?" Then I replied to him, "As a matter of fact, I do!" LOL

Cheers,
Cathi

#170226 - 01/07/09 03:50 AM Re: Gemstone Healing [Re: Wisdom&Life]
seek Offline

Loc: mother earth
that's hilarious!
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

dame julian of norwich - 14th century - mystic

#170233 - 01/07/09 11:13 AM Re: Gemstone Healing [Re: seek]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Too funny Cathi...Meredith where do you find time to dust a windowsill?

#170262 - 01/07/09 02:26 PM Re: Gemstone Healing [Re: chickadee]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Windowsills need to be dusted? How often?! Things my mother never taught me!!! confused

(Maya Angelou)

#170264 - 01/07/09 02:29 PM Re: Gemstone Healing [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Re windowsills - - it probably depends on where you live. If I don't dust mine, the cobwebs and spiders would make my house look like Halloween!

#170279 - 01/07/09 03:51 PM Re: Gemstone Healing [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
depends on if the nabours see or anyone visiting will be in the room thats my considerasion when dusting a windowsill lol.

wisdom
How did ya explain the rocks to customs? lol.

#170284 - 01/07/09 04:49 PM Re: Gemstone Healing [Re: celtic_flame]
Eagle Heart Offline

All of this about the windowsill reminded me of my 2-year-old grandson...he found my duster when he was here on New Year's Day and went around dusting everything in sight...my house never looked so clean! Guess it's almost time to invite them over again? LOL.

Cathi, we picked up some small shells and stones while strolling along the Mediterranean in Costa del Sol (Spain) at dawn one morning in October. Our travel day from Morocco the day before had been gruelling and it was such a delight to relax and breathe in the morning air. The shells were special momentos of that morning.

But at the airport in Madrid, we were over our luggage allowance and had to throw stuff away. I'm afraid the broken umbrellas and beach stones were the first to go.

I like your idea of a candle scape...it sounds very soothing, I would think the memories those rocks invoke would be instrumental in taking you to a "happy place". I wonder if they're like conch shells, if they hold the spirit/essence of the place where you found them.

(Maya Angelou)

#170307 - 01/07/09 09:23 PM Re: Gemstone Healing [Re: Eagle Heart]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I laughed at everyone's rock-and-shell stories. Been there, shlepped that.

In defense of my sanity, I would like to inform all assembled that I dust 3 times a year whether it needs it or not.
1. Kathy's spiders were tired of snow so they're wintering at my house. And summering. Guests that won't leave.
2. When the dust hits critical mass, I start sneezing, which just blows the dust somewhere else in my sneezing vicinity. Plus I get occasional customers in my house, and I hate it when they sneeze too. Bad for business, because everyone thinks they just caught a disease.

Where were we?

Poet and essayist

#170344 - 01/07/09 10:52 PM Re: Gemstone Healing [Re: meredithbead]
Eagle Heart Offline

Originally Posted By: meredithbead
When the dust hits critical mass, I start sneezing, which just blows the dust somewhere else in my sneezing vicinity. Plus I get occasional customers in my house, and I hate it when they sneeze too.

My dust settles on the piano cover. No matter how often I dust it, there's always another coating within hours. I don't have a problem with people sneezing in my house, I have a problem with people drawing pictures in the dust on my piano cover.

Is there a gemstone that draws dust from the air? (Ahem, my feeble attempt to get back on-topic...)

(Maya Angelou)

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved