The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#169460 - 12/30/08 09:32 PM Your favorite present this year...
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I have to say that it is seeing my children. Since they are such "go getters," I don't see them that much, (also, boys are like that.)

Seeing them was enough but I'd say my favorite gift was in the package my younger son gave me: A book that was his favorite at this time. Since he has such good taste in authors, it IS lovely.

"White Teeth" by Zadie Smith

Dancer, reader all of the time...

"Question your privilege"

#169482 - 12/31/08 12:18 AM Re: Your favorite present this year... [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have to say that my very favorite gifts were my assorted Christmas cards from my friends. I felt so fortunate when reading the notes hand written they contained. I was really taken back by several from old friends not heard of for years.
These are to me gifts that keep on giving.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#169487 - 12/31/08 12:45 AM Re: Your favorite present this year... [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
My friend gave us a nice, large electric griddle. I am in absolute heaven! Now I can go back to making my homemade english muffins! My old griddle bit the dust several years ago.

#169500 - 12/31/08 02:21 AM Re: Your favorite present this year... [Re: Di]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I think my favourite gift was the surprise Christmas concert our granddaughter gave Christmas night. She's 7 (well, she was 7 at Christmas but is 8 now), and despite an already heavy workload of constant homework, Chinese school, ballet, art and regular piano lessons, she managed to borrow a book of Christmas music from her piano teacher, learned about 15 new pieces and practised them every day for weeks, just so she could give us this surprise concert. A true gift from the heart.

(Maya Angelou)

#169528 - 12/31/08 12:29 PM Re: Your favorite present this year... [Re: Eagle Heart]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
My favorite gift was Christmas Eve when dear hubby presented me with a generous gift certificate to an awesome spa! I plan to indulge!!!

#169532 - 12/31/08 01:02 PM Re: Your favorite present this year... [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
We'd had the family here for Thanksgiving (24-26) and I wasn't exactly excited to turn around and do it again on Christmas. When I shared with my family that we might be going to one of my sisters for Christmas dinner, they were surprised and shared that we'd never left home on Christmas so why would we do it now?

I told them I didn't think I had it in me to do the Christmas thing in the morning, lunch, then turn around and do the dinner thing too. We also have company for Christmas lunch. I mentioned to Matt, who loves to cook, that if he took charge of dinner (we'd pay for it, he'd plan and prepare) then we'd stay home and do the dinner. He accepted and took over. He organized what others felt like bringing. I did a bit of food shopping with him, he did the rest on Christmas Eve, then he prepared and delivered a scrupmtious dinner which all of us enjoyed.

Not having to plan, prepare and serve Christams dinner allowed me to kick back and enjoy my Christmas Day a bit more. I didn't even feel guilty, or try to help when he peeled five pounds of potatoes. He's good at it and went to town. He made special dressings, sauces, grilled, used the oven and stove, and it was delish.

Being 50 has allowed me to say, "I can't do it all, nor do I want to." It's liberating!

I'm enjoying reading your favotie gifts. Fun post.

#169572 - 12/31/08 06:23 PM Re: Your favorite present this year... [Re: Dotsie]
dancer9 Offline

DI!! Homemade English muffins? I'm coming over, invite or not! ha! How wonderful to be able to do that!

everyone has great gifts to share, I'm enjoying it.

Lady Jane, my friend, if you can't use the spa certificate, I'd be glad to take it off your hands. What a wondeful gift!

Dancer

#169603 - 12/31/08 11:13 PM New Years gift. [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Does anyone give/get a gift for New Years Eve? My husband Chet use to give me a new charm for a bracelet he bought me as a wedding gift. I think I looked forward to that little charm more every year than any other gift and he always picked just the right event to get a charm for. When he passed away his attorney give me a little blue box with a tiny golden 'lily' on a heart. SIGH!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#169702 - 01/02/09 12:14 AM Re: New Years gift. [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

That's sweet, Chatty!
Dancer

#170071 - 01/05/09 02:49 PM Re: New Years gift. [Re: dancer9]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Homemade english muffins? Wow! Can't you just smell them, all the
way from NM. A gift certificate to a spa: How lovely. And
food gift certificates. A son who cooks? I assume Matt is Dotsie's son. And charms for New Year's Eve. These are neat
gifts. I got new boots. Don't want wet, cold feet ever again.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved