The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 99 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#175069 - 02/18/09 05:23 PM Re: dancing the pole [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
jabber, I was also attacked by a german shepherd when I was young. New neighbors moved. For some reason, their dog got loose and ended up in our back yard. The dang thing chased and bit and chased me a bit more as I ran up the slidingboard. I recall going to the doctors, but disn't get stitches. Gosh, I haven't thought about that in ages.

#175085 - 02/18/09 07:04 PM Re: dancing the pole [Re: celtic_flame]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Originally Posted By: celtic_flame
oh and motorbykes have personalities too lol.

Eh?

#175103 - 02/18/09 10:47 PM Animal dangers... [Re: celtic_flame]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Having as much experience as I have with dogs especially, I am far more careful about the little nippers. They will let you get really close to them and then for no apparent reason lash out on your nose or face. They give little warning where as a large dog will. You generally know before they bite by their demeanor... But it is always good to approach any dog besides your own with caution.

How about the 200 pound pet chimpanzee that ripped the woman owners friend face and hands 'off,' last night, before being shot by police. How devastating for that poor neighbor just trying to help, her friend get trhe animal down from a tree. He went beserk and oh well.....Wild animals are not pets!!!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#175137 - 02/19/09 02:59 PM Re: Animal dangers... [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Celtic,
Not a fan of motorcycles either. First hubby and my son both
owned them; hubby's I flipped. My son scared the life out of
me, he drove so fast when I was riding with him. Horses: I owned one and was thrown at least a half dozen times. Once I got a
concussion and was bedridden for a month; took years to recover
from that one. Some horses spook easily.

Dotsie,
I was five years olds when my aunt's dog bit me in the face and threw me against the radiator. But it was my fault. I stepped on its tail, accidentally.

Chatty,
That chimp attack was a scary ordeal. I feel sorry for the victim. The owner seemed "out of it" a might. It would be a cold
day, you know where, before I'd sleep with a chimp, let alone some of the guys out there. I can't figure people? Snakes? Chimps? Alligators? What's up with that?

#175188 - 02/19/09 10:32 PM Re: Animal dangers... [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Don't ask me! This womans family owned the chimp since he was three months old. He was a working chimp and did hundreds of commercials in his life. They treated him like their child, a son. After the chimp retired and the womans husband passed away, it was just her an the chimp. He was known by all the neighbors and their kids, including her best friend who he atttacked. Everyone said he was friendly and they weren't afraid of him. Apparently he had a cold or something and the owner called her neighbor over to help her get him down out of a tree. She had just given the poor animal Zanax. Why? What the hell for, its dangerous and not for animals.

The next thing anyone knew was they were all in the house and the woman made a move and was attacked viciously. The poor owner hit and even stabbed the animal trying to free her friend and as we all know he was shot and killed by the police. This is so sad for all concerned. Hopefully, maybe out of it might come stricter regulations about owning exotic animals. That would be a God send for the animals being exploited.

#175247 - 02/20/09 03:03 PM Re: Animal dangers... [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Xanax, I know is nasty stuff. Caretakers gave that to my aged
friend; it nearly killed her. Man, she was so spaced out. Her
personality did a 180 degree turn. Some of those drugs they
give to help, only hurt. And nobody cares!

#175339 - 02/21/09 02:44 PM Re: Animal dangers... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

I said to a caregiver, actually she was the head nurse at the time, "The drugs they're giving these people, create chemical
imbalance in their brains." She said, "We know. But it keeps 'em calmed down."

#175368 - 02/21/09 08:48 PM Re: Animal dangers... [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

To me thats just criminal, giving a person drugs that they do not even need just to make them more manageable. My God!!!

#175389 - 02/22/09 01:08 AM Re: Animal dangers... [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Anne if someone is viloent and might hurt themselves or others then this is a necessary medication for them.

Its the calvalier attitude of medicating someone to make it easier on staff that galls me.

My sister was very small, 4 ft. 11 in. and she weighed in at about 95 pounds. I could manage her okay but she was a scratcher. I use to make a game called Beauty Shop where I clipped her long nails and filed them and painted them and then everyone told her how beautiful they looked short and that helped a great deal. I still have a couple of bite mark scars when I wasn't paying attention.

I NEVER medicated her to keep her quiet. I did put a lock on the outside of her bedroom door, in case I dozed off she couldn't get out and maybe wander away. I also had small padlocks put on the fridge and freezer doors so she couldn't get into mischief.

#175449 - 02/22/09 09:54 PM Re: Animal dangers... [Re: ]
jabber Offline

The aged get depressed. Then they're given meds that make them
feel worse. Pretty soon they hate themselves and everybody
else. They hit you just because you're there. My friend was the
most loving, giving person in the world. But she doesn't have any hope. She needs hope!

Edited by jabber (02/23/09 02:53 PM)

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved