The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 106 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#174028 - 02/08/09 05:35 PM Wounds not healing
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I have had a hard time feeling good about posting on this forum since my name was called out on the forum by the owner.

I have been disillusioned before but this does not seem to be healing. I feel it is because I don't think I deserved the public humiliation I recieved.

I wanted to post this because there are good women on this site whom are my friends. I don't seem to be healing from the humiliation and I don't know if I will.

I have been spending time on my other forum and when I come here I get a certain negative vibe now.

I want my friends to know that I care about them and think of them often. I want to explain if I cannot return much if at all.

I enjoyed this forum before this occurred and I'm sure that you all enjoy the forum as much as I did.

Chatty seems to be able to return and for that, I admire her. I guess I am not made of the same stuff as her.

My love to my friends here and good luck in your lives. Since I have not been here much I have lost track of the day to day goings on in your lives.

Thank you for your friendship

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#174041 - 02/08/09 10:16 PM Re: Wounds not healing [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My dear friend Dancer, I hadn't planned on coming back believe me, my feeling were hurt, but then after giving it some serious thought plus I got so many PM's and emails from truly supportive and loving women I decided to put it behind me.

We ALL make mistakes, no one is immune from error, and I prefer to believe that when someone says she's sorry, she is.

I would council that you not allow anyone ever to have so much power over you that a passing comment can beat you down so. You, as I, are here because of the women we love and admire and thats all. Why should we punish ourself or them by staying away?

You do whatever you have to do for you, and thats what I am doing for me. I believe in forgiveness and no one is exempt from it in my mind. Ever heard that old saying:

OPEN MOUTH - INSERT FOOT!
Haven't we all been there from time to time?

Just try to think of me as Cindy Lauper singing:

GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#174056 - 02/08/09 11:57 PM Re: Wounds not healing [Re: chatty lady]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Best of luck dancer. Really, I can't allow a group of Internet folks, of which I still haven't met anyone from BMWS in person, to bring me down. The opinion of my family and face-to-face long-term friends, are most important to me...

Everything else just flows along like a river alongside of me.

I like chatty's mantra...girls just wanna have fun..sometimes.

Edited by orchid (02/08/09 11:58 PM)

#174057 - 02/09/09 12:33 AM Re: Wounds not healing [Re: orchid]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i sorry your still feeling raw and had noticed you wern't aound as much id asumed you were bisie elseweer.

think again and think what is it you want or need to help you feel better about being back heer. Sometimes having a concerete idea of what it is we need might help.

I do hope you stay around dancer, so plze give it some thought

#174142 - 02/09/09 10:25 PM Re: Wounds not healing [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm not sure why I'm being referred to as "the owner" or "she." I'm right here in the room with you and everyone knows I am the owner.

As founder/owner of the site, I rarely have to do certain tasks to keep my mission for BWS on task. Everyone typically posts by following the guidelines, for which I am most grateful.

I apologized for the hurt feelings back when this occurred, however what I did, needed to be done out of fairness to everyone in our online haven.

I am closing this topic because I view it as beating a dead horse. We have moved on and the post is still here for dancer's friends to view so they know why she hasn't been posting as much as in the past.

Fair is fair. Let's carry on.

Edited by Dotsie (02/09/09 10:27 PM)

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved