The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#174163 - 02/10/09 12:02 AM Sulemans Octuplets
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I saw pictures and video today of the eight babies and as always being babies, they were adorable.

They appear to be healthy but only time will tell. I was surprised to hear the mother speak. She says she was an unloved, only child and always begged for sibblings which never came. She wanted more children after the six she already had, says she is reproductively challenged and in seven years of marriage had many miscarriages. She says she and her doctors expected twins at best!

This women seems childlike herself and now grandma is saying she is already sick and tired of helping care for the first six, let alone the new eight. This mother has no job, no apparent money, and says she will do her best to care for these fourteen children. Any comments?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#174166 - 02/10/09 12:42 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: chatty lady]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Oh, yeah, plenty of comments! This is happening in southern California, so we are hearing a lot about it. This single woman, who has no job and is on medicare (medicaid?), PAID to have a doctor implant six embryos, then two became twins, hence the eight babies.

Her first six children were also conceived by in-vitro fertilization. Where does this unemployed woman get the money? There is a lot of discussion about how they want to investigate the doctor who did this, because it is considered extremely unhealthy and risky for both the babies and the mother to carry that many children to term.

Apparently the mother of these 14 children worked for several years for a psychiatric hospital but was out about 75% of the time collecting disability for back problems. And, wow, how hard do you think it is on her back to carry so many kids??

I am so ticked off about this whole thing. This woman, with no means of support other than the government, had these babies hoping that multiple companies would jump in with offers of free diapers, formula, etc, etc, along with book, tv, and movie offers. Because of her blatant disregard for life and finances, few are stepping forward. Good! While I feel bad for the babies, I don't think the mother deserves anything from these companies.

WE are paying for this. WE as taxpayers paid for her and those babies long hospital stay. WE as taxpayers will continue to pay for her and the babies care, food, etc, through many government programs.

She is the most irresponsibile woman I have ever heard of. Phew, glad you asked?

#174177 - 02/10/09 09:11 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Instead of holding her hand out for free sponsorships, the mother should give these children up for adoption. No way in the world will she be able to give each child sufficient love and care.

I don't blame the grandmother for being angry. She has allready sacrificed her life for the first six babies, and now 8 more. It's incredible. Maybe the mother should have been a patient at the clinic, instead of working there. And the doctor is a money mongrel. eek

#174186 - 02/10/09 01:09 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Edelweiss, that's exactly what I've been thinking, yet I haven't heard a peep about adoption. Maybe people are scared to offer to adopt because of the mother's mindset?

All I can do is shake my head in total disbelief.

#174202 - 02/10/09 02:51 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: chatty lady]
Ellemm Offline

I think the mother is a lying liar who lies. Instead of trying to make herself out as a parenting expert, she might do better writing a book entitled, "How to Use People and Work the System." I think there's definitely something wrong with her: she seems kind of spacey and in her own little world -- a world where you can have child after child with no partner and no means of support. Most people with 6 healthy children would consider their hands to be full. This woman has 3 special-needs children and still wanted more. I am at a loss to figure out how she has devoted herself so wholeheartedly to motherhood, except for the literal birthing.

But she has had a lot of help. What on earth were her parents thinking? This is not a little girl; she's about 33. Why did they buy her a house and allow her to bankrupt them? How did she manage to talk a fertility doctor into continuing treatments when she already had 6 six kids -- 3 of whom we now learn are already receiving disability payments -- and she does not consider this state aid. And how did she manage to talk some poor fool into being the sperm donor? I sure hope he got his paperwork in order because I don't think it was the deal that he be the father.

This chick is scary. (And I have come to wonder if the grandmother might not have a few problems as well, beyond cracking from the strain.) If the grandfather decides it's actually better in Iraq than dealing with 14 kids and two crazy women, you know things are really bad. Grandparents help out all the time, but 14 kids almost at once?

I suspect California will be reviewing the older kids' disability claims to make sure they haven't been falsified. I don't want to see the kids suffer but I sure don't want to see this crazy lady -- who has had obvious plastic surgery on top of being such a devoted mother; who has time for that? -- become some sort of folk hero.

I don't think she has any intention of adopting the kids out. A large family was her dream. I just think the rest of her dream was that other people take care of the kids -- and so far this has worked. Normally I wouldn't say this, but in this case if the grandparents ran for their lives I'd have a hard time blaming them. At my age, I'm thinking what I'd be feeling if one of my kids presented me with 14 kids to raise, and it wouldn't be good.

Maybe someday people will be able to see that the kids get what they need without permitting mom to pocket the money, which I would worry she'd do.

#174209 - 02/10/09 03:27 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Ellemm]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Here's an article about her:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29117041/

She says she's not on welfare, but she receives food stamps and expects medicaid to pay her/baby hospital bills, which will amount to $3 million dollars. She also says she'll raise the babies with student loans, and will be going back to school soon.

So who is watching these 14 children when she goes back to school and works?? This woman is clueless!

#174211 - 02/10/09 04:04 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I think this woman is an idiot who is hurting children as we speak. How this happened is beyond me. I am blown away by her. We have to take a test to drive but not to have a child.

She is a menace. SO many people want to adopt and she can't possibly care for these children, they will end up caring for themselves. It's heart breaking and maddening too!

Personally, I could not have an abortion, but no way in h*ll would I do what she has done. She IS a psyche patient, no question! Was this a publicity stunt? It seems so if sponsers are not stepping up to help.

If she's had plastic, who paid for that?

One should be brighter at her age. I feel she is missing many screws.

Just my opinion and I couldn't help but write it.

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#174258 - 02/10/09 10:13 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well earlier today I heard Hannity say on the radio they are considering taking all eight children away from her, then investigating how the other six are being raised and there could also be child endangerment charges filed against her. Thats exactly what they should do! This broad is living in lala land!!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#174276 - 02/11/09 02:08 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: ]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

LOL, Anne, you're hilarious!! (needs glasses comment)

#174277 - 02/11/09 02:40 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
MustangGal
Unregistered

I don't really think they can take away her children, not yet anyhow.

Yeah, I was wondering about the plastic surgery, too. Heard a mention today on the NBC morning show. Also, she has a nice manicure and long nails. When she was touching the newborns I noticed she arched her hands because of the long nails. With that many kids, how can she financially and physically afford a french manicure?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved