The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 95 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#176053 - 03/01/09 09:16 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
OOPS! If you want to delete that last post of mine Dotsie, go ahead. I tried but couldn't. You're right better to have a censor than let the spammers come in a reek havoc.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#176066 - 03/01/09 10:01 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: chatty lady]
Ellemm Offline

Ahh, thanks for the explanation. It's easy to forget what goes on behind the scenes. I didn't *think* anyone was sitting there crossing out words! How quickly we have all learned to refer to spam regarding computers instead of a mystery meat in a can.

#176144 - 03/02/09 10:24 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Its like playing Russian roulette Anne. One day the chamber will be the one with the bullet in it and will blow their head off.

I don't mind the phones as no one is actually meeting let alone touching, etc. its all just harmless talk.

Hundreds in the p-o-r-n business have contacted HIV and gotten full blown aids and many have died. I am told they are tested as much as twice a week now, but still??? Ick!

If I were starving in the street I would NEVER work in that industry. Maybe I'm chicken but sexy talking is about all I am willing to do. I can't imagine being touched by a stranger, yuk! Maybe being celibut for 29 years has sometrhing to do with my attitude!!!

#176184 - 03/03/09 02:47 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I read an interesting book written by a member of the NABBW, Sue Silverman. She was addicted to sex and kicked the habit. I think many of the people who are doing this are hyper-sexual, or addicted to sex. Something I'd never considered until I read her book.

#176298 - 03/04/09 08:47 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Hey not to change the subject but Dr. Phil is having Octumom on his show today. if anyones interested.

#176427 - 03/05/09 10:32 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Saw it last night and wasn't surprised. She had left the oldest
child home alone watching the others. She was only six I believe at the time. I listened to her talking to Dr. Phil and tried to be as opon minded as I could be, BUT believe me that chick is looney tounes big time.

#176497 - 03/07/09 07:45 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: ]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
what, Anne327, you don't consider Scam Artist Scum to be a legitimate occupation?

And why is everyone so upset about a 6-year-old being left to take care of 5 younger kids? I mean, the kid couldn't possibly do a worse job than the "mother"...

Poet and essayist

#176506 - 03/07/09 04:50 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: meredithbead]
MLJEditor Offline

Loc: Cape Cod
I think OctuMom - Nadya Suleman - is in need of great compassion. From what I have learned on the media, she is coming apart at the seams... and does not know it. I have a close friend who had six kids, one year apart, for six years. She almost went out of her mind. Can't imagine what having six all at once would be like!!!

Edited by MLJEditor (03/07/09 04:52 PM)
My website: http://www.circlegraphics.com

#176549 - 03/08/09 10:55 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: ]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
mlj editer
hiand nice to meet you.

i not up to speed with all she dose but also belive she needs some compasion and help especiallie since the kids have been born and perhapps needed it before she concived.

apart from the gawpping at her as if she a freek wha is happeningtoher and thekids?

#176555 - 03/08/09 01:55 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: celtic_flame]
Ellemm Offline

Celtic, this was her life plan: to have a huge family. And because she is both disturbed *and* smart, she has managed to get herself this far. Our helping systems did not break down in her case. People here are not entitled to demand that the state finance their family plans. We are entitled to temporary help and permanent help in special circumstances, like disability. I think the only people who might have managed to make her think a bit are her parents. If they had refused to pay for her room and board a long time ago, she might have done things differently.

She does, however, talk about all her embryos as needing to have been born, so I really have no idea what she would have done. You know, sometimes people start these huge engines without thinking about the challenges or consequences.

I imagine some people will provide assistance to her and suspect that others are reluctant to lend a helping hand because they feel she'll just use them the way she has everyone else in her life. (maybe even try to have more kids!) She's not the first nut to have children, you know, just the first to have octoplets.

As far as I know, they are planning to move into a larger home. How this has been financed I do not know because the house they are living in now is in arrears financially. Apparently none of the octoplets will be released to come home until the hospital decides that the living arrangements are suitable, so there we are.

You know, if she's telling the truth and really just wanted that 7th child -- not that that was ever a good idea considering her circumstances -- we never would have heard about her. She could have lived anonymously. Not well, but anonymously. Now the state child welfare people will be watching her every step and maybe that's the best we can all hope for.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved