The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 106 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#176657 - 03/10/09 12:15 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Ellemm]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
well id agreewith high intrest cases it dose attract social work and a lot of attension.
as for her having to have a house big enough is of realitivlie little importanses when faced with care demands that she and kids face or kids need.

she hopfullie has enoughcash to pay for a bigger house as i sureshe being paid for all tv and media apperanses, hopfullie this will take some burdone off your wellfaire system.

anyone got a mesure on how religious she is and perhapps thats behind her "all embreos needed to be born"

time will tell, i see nuthing moralie wrong inher cashing in on her situasion to generate a way care for kids but can we say thiswas her life plann all along? to have this manny kids IN ORDER to have media attension to pay for them.

its a certine moral delema for people generallie as to what they will pay for or should be expected to pay for, ie paying to support the kids via tax means alone

if she is nuts i do hope the kids are protectedif its a dangerise nuts and she recives help from a gentile source, that all i was hoping for just some understanding for her if she is mentalie unwell and after understanding them some care

#176784 - 03/11/09 08:41 PM Seventeen + One [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well I know where Shulman may have gotten her idea, from two reality shows now on TV. One is Don & Kate makes Eight, the cameras follow them around filming the intracasies of a family with twins and then sixtuplets. The husband works and her family pitched in in the beginning but it's still a rough road. Adorable kids though and the mom, Kate, looks like a teenager. Their show is ending this month and a new one takes its place called Twelve at the Table. Ten kids and two parents! Don't know if it will be a good one or not.

But the one I watch and admire is Family of Seventeen + One, Michelle the mom just gave birth to her eighteenth child which was delivered by cesarian because the baby was sideways. This couple has had all their children one by one and they are TOTALLY SELF SUFFICENT. They bought, years ago, a piece at a time, several rental properties which supports them now, he made warehouses storage space from an old delapidated chicken coop farm he remodeled himself into commercial storage spaces, and they make almost all their own clothes, make soap, buy in bulk, shop the second hand stores, and are frugal in everything they purchase and do. They own a huge, lovely home with nine bathrooms and all of these darling, well behaved, healthy kids pitch in. It is an amazing show to watch and learn from. The mom is teaching the boys to cook and clean and the dad is teaching his girls how to change oil in a car, change a tire etc. They want the kids all to be self sufficient.

They do all things in the name of God. Now this is a remarkable reality show. I kid you not and the parents as well as the children just simply exude health and wholesome good looks. It is a pleasure to watch these amazing down to earth people go about their daily lives.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#176804 - 03/11/09 10:29 PM Re: Seventeen + One [Re: chatty lady]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Originally Posted By: chatty lady
Well I know where Shulman may have gotten her idea, from two reality shows now on TV. One is Don & Kate makes Eight, the cameras follow them around filming the intracasies of a family with twins and then sixtuplets. The husband works and her family pitched in in the beginning but it's still a rough road. Adorable kids though and the mom, Kate, looks like a teenager. Their show is ending this month and a new one takes its place called Twelve at the Table. Ten kids and two parents! Don't know if it will be a good one or not.

But the one I watch and admire is Family of Seventeen + One, Michelle the mom just gave birth to her eighteenth child which was delivered by cesarian because the baby was sideways. This couple has had all their children one by one and they are TOTALLY SELF SUFFICENT. They bought, years ago, a piece at a time, several rental properties which supports them now, he made warehouses storage space from an old delapidated chicken coop farm he remodeled himself into commercial storage spaces, and they make almost all their own clothes, make soap, buy in bulk, shop the second hand stores, and are frugal in everything they purchase and do. They own a huge, lovely home with nine bathrooms and all of these darling, well behaved, healthy kids pitch in. It is an amazing show to watch and learn from. The mom is teaching the boys to cook and clean and the dad is teaching his girls how to change oil in a car, change a tire etc. They want the kids all to be self sufficient.

They do all things in the name of God. Now this is a remarkable reality show. I kid you not and the parents as well as the children just simply exude health and wholesome good looks. It is a pleasure to watch these amazing down to earth people go about their daily lives.

I have seen a few episodes of Don & Kate Make Eight.
Interesting about the new show of 10 children.

And that show with 18 children. Good grief.

I have an in-person friend whose father comes from a family of 17 children. Actually 4 are dead already. Not sure if miscarriage or early childhood illness or what. She has an uncle on another side of family who comes from a family of 24 children. It is possible there were also some miscarriages. Actually until recently families in the province of Quebec did tend to be larger..the Catholic faith and other French-Canadian cultural attitudes promoted it in the past.

I did watch the tv show that I mentioned earlier, ...at times ...out of sheer curiosity. One can't help but compare against one's own family.

For a big family to be self-sufficient, it would take alot of physical stamina and patience among the parents to maintain a life of self-sufficiency. I actually think..it's quite stressful..even with well-behaved children where the older children are delegated with some childcare responsibilities.

We must not forget that the life expectancy of the parents when there were less household conveniences (and I'm not talking about junk food nor TV dinners. :)), was simply shorter.

It's admirable some people want huge families, but coming from a family where I grew up with 5 siblings and all 6 of us were born over 10-year period, I did see the toll on my parents. And it was a family, where the older kids, including myself were required to help with household chores as young as 8 yrs. old.

And they tried to be self-sufficient with big firm limits, ie. our garden only grew 3 types of veggies, our clothes were sewn (Mom, then later her daughters), we rarely ate junk/convenience foods, so whole food cooking style, no car until I was 15 yrs. old., etc. It is true that self-sufficiency can lead to a more team tendency of doing stuff. But not every child was happy every time either. Somebody is bound to rebel..strongly.

yes, it sure shapes a person's upbringing, it made each of us more "resilient" for life's challenges, but I would not wish the demands of a large family on any parent(s).

It's affected me personally....that I chose not to have children after witnessing great stress on my parents.

#176809 - 03/12/09 02:32 AM Re: Seventeen + One [Re: orchid]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Thats why these parents are so remarkable and until you actually watch the show to see that for yourself you or no one should compare them to other familys with many children. I am not impressed easily but these two people have done the impossible and so far none of the children seem rebellious. One son just got married and he and his new wife also say they would love to be like their parents.

These parents do without very little but they make so much themselves and he is extremely talented with his hands. When young and newly married they began by planning for the future, and they are and have been totally debt free now for years.

Like I said, watch the show!

#176811 - 03/12/09 03:55 AM Re: Seventeen + One [Re: chatty lady]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Hey, chatty believe me I'm impressed. A home with 9 bathrooms..sounds like a big family that does not have typical in terms of accommodations for most big families worldwide. smile

We had 1 bathroom for 8 people for lst 20 years of life.
I'm sure they are ok and normal like us, not superhuman..but tv only shows 1 slice of a family's life, not the whole lifecycle of the family..the good and not-so-good.

Like probably a few other BWMS members, I come from an extended family of big families. My mother came from a family of 8 children. Then a set of cousins in my generation, 7 kids...and all from same mother. And so on. The tree branches are starting to look like clumps of bushes. laugh

One great thing though...a big family..provides tremendous pyschological cushion for any family members at any time, who might be on the verge of feeling lonely in this world or feel they are losing perspective in their solo existence. One is comforted that there IS an automatic birth network of people who want to know about your existence. At least in my family.

#176895 - 03/12/09 11:34 PM Re: Seventeen + One [Re: orchid]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I like the comparison made between the family tree branches starting to resemble clumps of bushes, now thats funny!

#177047 - 03/14/09 01:09 PM Re: Seventeen + One [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i love to see that show your talking about chattie, think it be worth the watching.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved