The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 102 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#174163 - 02/10/09 12:02 AM Sulemans Octuplets
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I saw pictures and video today of the eight babies and as always being babies, they were adorable.

They appear to be healthy but only time will tell. I was surprised to hear the mother speak. She says she was an unloved, only child and always begged for sibblings which never came. She wanted more children after the six she already had, says she is reproductively challenged and in seven years of marriage had many miscarriages. She says she and her doctors expected twins at best!

This women seems childlike herself and now grandma is saying she is already sick and tired of helping care for the first six, let alone the new eight. This mother has no job, no apparent money, and says she will do her best to care for these fourteen children. Any comments?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#174166 - 02/10/09 12:42 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: chatty lady]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Oh, yeah, plenty of comments! This is happening in southern California, so we are hearing a lot about it. This single woman, who has no job and is on medicare (medicaid?), PAID to have a doctor implant six embryos, then two became twins, hence the eight babies.

Her first six children were also conceived by in-vitro fertilization. Where does this unemployed woman get the money? There is a lot of discussion about how they want to investigate the doctor who did this, because it is considered extremely unhealthy and risky for both the babies and the mother to carry that many children to term.

Apparently the mother of these 14 children worked for several years for a psychiatric hospital but was out about 75% of the time collecting disability for back problems. And, wow, how hard do you think it is on her back to carry so many kids??

I am so ticked off about this whole thing. This woman, with no means of support other than the government, had these babies hoping that multiple companies would jump in with offers of free diapers, formula, etc, etc, along with book, tv, and movie offers. Because of her blatant disregard for life and finances, few are stepping forward. Good! While I feel bad for the babies, I don't think the mother deserves anything from these companies.

WE are paying for this. WE as taxpayers paid for her and those babies long hospital stay. WE as taxpayers will continue to pay for her and the babies care, food, etc, through many government programs.

She is the most irresponsibile woman I have ever heard of. Phew, glad you asked?

#174177 - 02/10/09 09:11 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Instead of holding her hand out for free sponsorships, the mother should give these children up for adoption. No way in the world will she be able to give each child sufficient love and care.

I don't blame the grandmother for being angry. She has allready sacrificed her life for the first six babies, and now 8 more. It's incredible. Maybe the mother should have been a patient at the clinic, instead of working there. And the doctor is a money mongrel. eek

#174186 - 02/10/09 01:09 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Edelweiss, that's exactly what I've been thinking, yet I haven't heard a peep about adoption. Maybe people are scared to offer to adopt because of the mother's mindset?

All I can do is shake my head in total disbelief.

#174202 - 02/10/09 02:51 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: chatty lady]
Ellemm Offline

I think the mother is a lying liar who lies. Instead of trying to make herself out as a parenting expert, she might do better writing a book entitled, "How to Use People and Work the System." I think there's definitely something wrong with her: she seems kind of spacey and in her own little world -- a world where you can have child after child with no partner and no means of support. Most people with 6 healthy children would consider their hands to be full. This woman has 3 special-needs children and still wanted more. I am at a loss to figure out how she has devoted herself so wholeheartedly to motherhood, except for the literal birthing.

But she has had a lot of help. What on earth were her parents thinking? This is not a little girl; she's about 33. Why did they buy her a house and allow her to bankrupt them? How did she manage to talk a fertility doctor into continuing treatments when she already had 6 six kids -- 3 of whom we now learn are already receiving disability payments -- and she does not consider this state aid. And how did she manage to talk some poor fool into being the sperm donor? I sure hope he got his paperwork in order because I don't think it was the deal that he be the father.

This chick is scary. (And I have come to wonder if the grandmother might not have a few problems as well, beyond cracking from the strain.) If the grandfather decides it's actually better in Iraq than dealing with 14 kids and two crazy women, you know things are really bad. Grandparents help out all the time, but 14 kids almost at once?

I suspect California will be reviewing the older kids' disability claims to make sure they haven't been falsified. I don't want to see the kids suffer but I sure don't want to see this crazy lady -- who has had obvious plastic surgery on top of being such a devoted mother; who has time for that? -- become some sort of folk hero.

I don't think she has any intention of adopting the kids out. A large family was her dream. I just think the rest of her dream was that other people take care of the kids -- and so far this has worked. Normally I wouldn't say this, but in this case if the grandparents ran for their lives I'd have a hard time blaming them. At my age, I'm thinking what I'd be feeling if one of my kids presented me with 14 kids to raise, and it wouldn't be good.

Maybe someday people will be able to see that the kids get what they need without permitting mom to pocket the money, which I would worry she'd do.

#174209 - 02/10/09 03:27 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Ellemm]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Here's an article about her:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29117041/

She says she's not on welfare, but she receives food stamps and expects medicaid to pay her/baby hospital bills, which will amount to $3 million dollars. She also says she'll raise the babies with student loans, and will be going back to school soon.

So who is watching these 14 children when she goes back to school and works?? This woman is clueless!

#174211 - 02/10/09 04:04 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I think this woman is an idiot who is hurting children as we speak. How this happened is beyond me. I am blown away by her. We have to take a test to drive but not to have a child.

She is a menace. SO many people want to adopt and she can't possibly care for these children, they will end up caring for themselves. It's heart breaking and maddening too!

Personally, I could not have an abortion, but no way in h*ll would I do what she has done. She IS a psyche patient, no question! Was this a publicity stunt? It seems so if sponsers are not stepping up to help.

If she's had plastic, who paid for that?

One should be brighter at her age. I feel she is missing many screws.

Just my opinion and I couldn't help but write it.

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#174258 - 02/10/09 10:13 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Well earlier today I heard Hannity say on the radio they are considering taking all eight children away from her, then investigating how the other six are being raised and there could also be child endangerment charges filed against her. Thats exactly what they should do! This broad is living in lala land!!!!

#174276 - 02/11/09 02:08 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: ]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

LOL, Anne, you're hilarious!! (needs glasses comment)

#174277 - 02/11/09 02:40 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
MustangGal
Unregistered

I don't really think they can take away her children, not yet anyhow.

Yeah, I was wondering about the plastic surgery, too. Heard a mention today on the NBC morning show. Also, she has a nice manicure and long nails. When she was touching the newborns I noticed she arched her hands because of the long nails. With that many kids, how can she financially and physically afford a french manicure?

#174295 - 02/11/09 07:49 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: ]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I agree with all of the above.

Scam artist. And yes, this is another form of child abuse. Also elder abuse because her parents seem to be stuck with the latest litter while "loving mother" can't even hold her children for fear of breaking a nail.

Poet and essayist

#174480 - 02/13/09 06:54 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: ]
Mij Offline

grin I loved the needing glasses part too, Anne.

OK, well, you think you are angry now?

Check this out: http://www.thenadyasulemanfamily.com/

mad

#174481 - 02/13/09 07:56 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Mij]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Thanks, Mij. Gosh, I was torn between condemning the woman and wishing for the best outcome for the present...for the sake of the children. With that link, one cannot help but raise a question of motives.

#174482 - 02/13/09 09:16 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Lola]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

someone should pay me lots of money to NOT have 14 kids. mad mad mad

Poet and essayist

#174487 - 02/13/09 02:08 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: meredithbead]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

I just went to her website and donated $500. I feel so sorry for those babies, don't you?

NOT!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I feel sorry for the babies, but not her and there's no way I will donate to her. I'm already donating to her by paying taxes for her food stamps and medicaid bills.

I did leave a comment, and not a pleasant one at that. Those poor kids!

#174501 - 02/13/09 03:11 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Are you kidding me? She's getting over $720 a month for each child from social security. If you count all 14 kids, that's $10,000 a month - that's $120,000+ a year. Plus medicaid and food stamps that we're alrady paying for.

I think that woman is unstable. Are you kidding me? I'm with you, Ms. M.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#174514 - 02/13/09 05:42 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Saundra]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

YOu gals are funny.

I heard on the TV that she's getting death threats through the site. Now that's a little over the top, but boy are people angry over this.

And check out that site. It looks pretty dang good. Who created that for her? Anyone know? I'm sure they get a cut of the cash.

The sad part is the children will suffer because of her stupidity. I think some people will donate because they have a big heart for kids.

#174554 - 02/13/09 09:08 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Suleman has been going around to the different agencies asking for a deal for a REALITY SHOW! She had this planned from the get-go in my eyes and I bet her vanished, doctor gets a cut as well.

I saw on the major news last night two pictures of a pregnant Suleman, one a side view and one from the front of her belly full of babies (EEW!!!) stretch marks and all.

This b-witch is as crazy as a fox. No matter how disgusted we might be with her, the babies are adorable and one can't help but watch for news of them, and the shows are always fighting for ratings.

You can take this bet if you want to, but I bet she'll have a TV Reality show before too long.

#174559 - 02/13/09 09:51 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: ]
Saundra Offline

I think her doctor is getting a piece of the pie for doing the deed.

I didn't know we could ue the B word here, Chatty. THat's good information.

Edited by Saundra (02/13/09 09:52 PM)

#174560 - 02/13/09 09:54 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Saundra]
Saundra Offline

I will not watch anything else about her because that shows support in the ratings and they'll keep it coming. She doesn't deserve ratings or more money.

Too bad about the kids. They will suffer. That B...

#174562 - 02/13/09 10:08 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Saundra]
Lefty_Writer Offline

Loc: Syracuse, NY USA
Living in NY, I have mostly just felt disgusted and incredulous by this story, but I know that if I lived in California I would feel used and angry, too. And that Web site? OMG--even I was tempted to leave a negative comment!

I strongly believe this is a solid case of child abuse, and that Social Services should swoop in and remove those babies as soon as possible--and take a good hard look at the other six as well. With the publicity, I am sure they would receive tons of adoption offers from people who would be MUCH more likely to emotionally, spiritually and financially raise them. :-(

#174565 - 02/13/09 10:22 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Lefty_Writer]
Mij Offline

Her publicist created the site.

#175737 - 02/25/09 05:07 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: ]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
O'Reilly had a clip from the internet; whereby the mom and grandma of these 8 babies were arguing. IMO mom is looking for
fame and fortune. It's always the babies who suffer. Life seems backwards to me sometimes. For example: Some women want babies, but can't have them; some women have them and don't want them.
When you're young and need large homes and more space, you can't afford it; when you're older, have money and large homes,
you don't need 'em. Whatever?

#175783 - 02/26/09 12:07 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Oh good D.D., when I read your post I said WHAT, out loud. Thank God you were only kidding, I thought you had lost your mind completely.

Well Nadya may be a real true scam artist but she has too many people a whole lot smarter than she is following her every move. I hope they take all fourteen of those children away from the BITCH and throw her in the nearest nut farm where she belongs.
I left her a scathing message not that it will do any good. It is evident that she has no conscience and no heart. Somebody ought to take her out, and relieve those innocent children of a nut job for a mother. Oh and her "publicist" designed that website for her, nice job, wonder how much she herself will be making off of it. She too looks like a scank.

#175788 - 02/26/09 01:16 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: chatty lady]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Have you heard that a guy has stepped forward as the father of her babies??? He wants a DNA test to prove it. I think he's as nuts as she is and I'm trying to decide if he just wants a piece of the pie he thinks she'll be getting. Otherwise, he's setting himself up to support all these children.

And the saga continues.... Did anyone catch her on Dr. Phil today? I don't normally watch that show but heard a clip on the radio about it. Dr. Phil thinks she's not able to care for the kids properly and is naive and unrealistic. I could have told him that already!

#175793 - 02/26/09 01:29 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
MustangGal
Unregistered

I agree in that she is "naive and unrealistic". Both she and the 'sperm donor' are cads.

#175800 - 02/26/09 02:36 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Missed that D.D. But that father or the one who says he may be said he dated her for three years sometime ago and she talked him into to saving sperm by telling him she had cervical cancer.

He is married and has two other children to support already. This is turning into a real zoo and the animals are loose and running the place.

I hope the law takes these poor helpless infants away from these insane people before its too late for one or more of them.

#175803 - 02/26/09 04:22 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: chatty lady]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Kaiser Hospital is trying to determine if they will even release the babies to the mom, because they want to be sure she is capable of caring for them (financially, emotionally, support network, etc) I guess the child protective authorities are involved and investigating.

#175806 - 02/26/09 06:47 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

I really hope they are given to LOVING home where they'll be taken care of, and not used to satisfy that horrible woman's ego and lust for fame and money. Notice I didn't use the word "mother."

Poet and essayist

#175823 - 02/26/09 01:33 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: meredithbead]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I agree with all aforementioned points of view. Takes more to being a mother than giving birth; I'm living proof of that statement. Wouldn't you think, six kids would be more than enough for anyone without a husband or a home or a job? Geese. Then turn around and have eight more. Heaven help us! I saw the "could-be" sperm donor on some TV program. I think he's lost his marbles, too. Why would any guy leave himself wide open for something like that? Goofy people. Those poor kids certainly come from a wacko gene pool!

#175845 - 02/26/09 07:02 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: jabber]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
goodness you ladies are a bit harsh. Why so angery.
If she ise't right a nut job a screw lose then should't she be protected from harm herself the kids but treated with a bit more sympathie? just a question.

the web page the tv programe, i don't get it as this is one way to financialie care for the kids. Its hard to determine if it was all premeditated or if she though opps 8 more comming better think of something quick. I think a reality shows one way to help pay for kids, food cloths nannies. Any OTHER celebrity dose it about all sorts of thing and the demands their for it so the shows continue. So why should't some ordinary women do it aswell. Its the culture we live in.

medicare? whats that when i though the unemployed and unensured had nuthing?
Dose medicare cover some things and not other thing?

Food stampes, are they welfaire or not? Come to think of it what is welfaire and WHAT do you have to do / be /have done to be granted welfaire.
Why is everyone so dowen on welfaire or people that have to use welfaire?

I sure thers some big mindset diffrenses from our diffrent cultures, i just treying to get a grasp on then and why you good ladies are so cross?

anyone? Alo of yous?

anyone kn0w how the kids are doing now?

#175849 - 02/26/09 08:11 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: celtic_flame]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Celtic I doubt anyone here is down on familys that actually NEED welfare. It is there for them BUT unfortunately it is so abused in this country it has become a problem of those getting it and not needing it. This all too often takes away from someone who is really in dire straits. It is corrupt!

This Nadja can't pay rent, is crying destitute yet drives a new car and has and sustains a french manicure that costs no less than $10.00 per finger. This woman is NOT stupid by any means and is well educated. She is a scam artist and has found a way to become famous, and its working thats the sad part. She is using these children to become famous. She is out shopping for million dollar homes, this from somewhere who needs welfare, WHAT?????????? She is all that is wrong with this country today, people like her.

#175851 - 02/26/09 08:26 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: celtic_flame]
Ellemm Offline

Celtic, I think people are very generous when it comes to a hard-luck story, not so keen when it appears that someone has decided other people are there to pay her bills so she can have the big family she always wanted. Suleman didn't just get 'oopsed' with a fertility treatment that took too well. She was already deeply in debt, living off her parents and state benefits, and decided she needed more kids to make her happy. The six she already had obviously weren't enough.

It's pretty obvious that she'll never be able to pay back her student loans, or any other debt she has. Her idea that she will go back to school and become a counselor and support her family would be laughable if there weren't 14 kids to deal with. (If you want to make a lot of money, counseling isn't the way to go.)
And if she's so devoted to her kids, how did she afford her obvious plastic surgery? (which she denies.)

I also think part of the anger is timing. With the world financial situation the way it is now, she couldn't have picked a worse time to reveal her financial situation *and* expand her family. The state of California is $40 BILLION dollars in the hole and trying desperately to close the gaps. Suleman's hospital bills, I think, are already being presented to the state of California, not to Medicare, so people are in no mood to deal with an enormous bill that looks like the just the beginning of a lengthy disaster story. They are already coping with layoffs and loss of healthcare and the like. States eventually run out of money for benefits.

I was really mad at her at first but not anymore. First of all, she's not right in the head and I'm not real sure about her parents, who should have cut her off long ago. Despite what people say, the state is not going to just take her kids away because they don't like her. If that were the case, we'd be removing about half the kids from their parents already. At this point I think her circumstances are depressing. I can see no way this is going to go well; there is no one who can handle 14 kids, any number of whom are likely to be special needs. The family will be stressed beyond belief and there's no way out of it.

#175859 - 02/26/09 09:19 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

The more I see her on TV, the more I realize she's not living in her right mind. All I can say is that I feel miserably sorry for the children. I don't feel sorry for her. No matter what happens with the kids, they will hot have an easy go of it. They will always be known as her children even if they're adopted or in foster care. My heart aches for them. To see them in those incubators, absolutely precious, and know what lies ahaed is a bit of craziness, makes me sick to my stomach.

I would love to reach out to the children, but in doing so, I'm reaching out to her, and I don't want to do that. Sad situation, isn't it?

#175871 - 02/26/09 10:36 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

There is only one right thing to do and thats remove all of the children to loving foster care homes and allow them to be adopted by people who want children badly, have loving homes for them, and can afford to care for them but can't conceive for whatever reason.

Now me I would go one step farther which no one else will, I would sterilize the witch as well. Leaving NO chance of her doing this again.

There is no happy ending for these fourteen innocent children if they are left with this scam artist, fame seeking, selfish BITCH!

#175882 - 02/26/09 11:40 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: chatty lady]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Ellem, you said it all very well.

Celtic, I think I've been angry about this because this woman, who already had six children (and some with special needs) and no job or health coverage, chose to have more children. Now we, as taxpayers, will pay for her care, her babies care, food stamps (yes it is a form of welfare), and so on. Yes, she could do a reality show to bring in money, but what about the kids? What kind of life is that? and how long will it last and what will she do after that?

I just get frustrated because I work hard and pay my bills and don't spend money I don't have. And I'm not only angry with the Suleman situation, I'm also a little angry at the mortgage situation now. There are a lot of people who did not do their research and purchased an overpriced house with a wacko mortgage and now housing prices have fallen and guess what??? Many banks are actually REDUCING the loan amount and interest rates for these people so they can stay in their homes.

I just don't think that's fair! Why should people who make stupid decisions get money from the government? No one is going to reduce my loan amount or my interest rate because I've made my payments on time. So the people who don't pay their bills get help and those of us who do pay our bills - - well guess what, we just keep paying our bills. It's just not right.

I agree that we need some sort of welfare and assistance for people who are disabled or unable to work. But there should be strings attached. There should be training programs for ALL welfare receipients with back-to-work plans in place. There's just not enough oversight and there is way too much fraud, as someone else mentioned. They make arrests several times a year of families in a town near me who get "section 8" housing. This is housing that is subsidized by the government and has tight rules about how it can be used. But too many people rent a section 8 house, rent out the rooms and make a profit.

It's those kinds of things, over and over, that I get frustrated with.

#175891 - 02/27/09 04:13 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
celtic_flame Offline

thanks ladies for the insight and your oppinions

so walfaire is something from state that is their as a net to cach the very needie. You think its fine but feed up with the abuse of it.

think any sustem is open to be abused and should be monitered.

L is classed as disabled, he comes with his owen expenses butvi don't get a payment for him, funs have been overstreched heer for a long time and over and above me many people are getting left out of system that SHPOULD be in the system.

then you have supposidly weelchaire bound people working and getting couch at being and fixing roofe, thyr buldres working on roof for goodness sack. i could't do some of physical activities it should this man doing. So another example of abuse and someone unfairlie getting due to lies.

#175892 - 02/27/09 04:25 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

Oh DD i wrote in political forum yesterday that its older people heer who have done well adn made responsibl;e choises for pentionable age that are being hit very hard becouse of intrest rates and such being lowered as some housing taxes are on the incress.

and i don't agree with thse people being left behind or almost being punished finacialie for doing the responsiable thing all their lives, its unfaire to reward some people who are spending getting into debt stupidly for luxioury items (diffrent for people trying to cloth and heat and eat and getting into debt)

i do also think the kids will suffer if they don't ge the care needs they will have, she will need a lot of nanies etc.

$10 a finger! i don't gt them and had no idea they wer that expensive, i though that be for the cameras as she was being interviewed, 1 millon pounds homes, how on earth can she be looking to buy them?

I know heer diability payments are not means testred so you can be a millonaire and still get paid, just as long as your not working and doing activities you said you can't do. Its so bleeding confusing at times.

your section 8 housing and benifit fraud bound to make many angery

anyways thanks again to all of you

#175893 - 02/27/09 04:26 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

chattie unless she found mentalie unfit and its for health reasons their be no chance of her being sterolised. But i get the point your trying to make
cheers

#175920 - 02/27/09 09:39 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: celtic_flame]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I know Celtic but it would be what she deserves. Has anyone heard the latest? A well known p-o-r-n industry movie company made her a deal that if she would do p-o-r-n movies for them, they'd pay her one million dollars and guarantee dental insurance for all the children for their lifetime. Haven't heard her response but I would guess it would be NO. I doubt she cares about s-e-x, after all there didn't seem to be any
s-e-x necessary the way she conceived.

#175923 - 02/27/09 10:01 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: chatty lady]
Ellemm Offline

Really, chatty, I'm not following your logic. I thought most people got into the sex trade for the money, not because they were hot to trot or it was their life's dream. Although I think the idea is creepy in general, maybe she should think about it. As far as I know it's legal and would get her a lot of money. And she needs a lot of money. Who else is going to offer her that kind of money?

#175926 - 02/27/09 10:23 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Ellemm]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

DD, I know this is a bit off topic, but I hear you loud and clear about people buying homes they couldn't afford and now getting help from the government. It makes me sick. I don't see the justice. Even though I wouldn't want that life-style, nor mentality, people who made poor financial decisions are being paid for it.

We have a friend who got those awful ;oans/mortgages for people knowing they couldn't afford them. He made a fortune and was raking it in at the time, and now he's struggling big time. I remember wondering how he could sleep with himself at night after a days work of getting people what they wanted (because he could) and reaping the benefits in a major way. So not only were people getting these loans that they couldn't afford to pay, the people setting them up were making money hand over fist by doing so.

I was taught that if you can't afford something, you don't buy it. Period.

#175930 - 02/27/09 10:35 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Ellman, I suppose most do get into it for the money or to sustain their expensive drug habits, but many are exabitionists and love being watched and lusted after by countless men. She certainly has the conscience for the trade, which means having NONE whatsoever. I wonder if she even has the body for p-o-r-n? She wears baggy clothes all the time so its hard to tell. I still think she will hold out for the realitry show she wants which would mean millinons upon millions. She is already on every magazine cover and has offers to do all the major talk shows. These TV stations in it for the ratings know how we Americans will watch just to see whats happening as we'd hate to miss out on anything. Those babies would be our draw to the program.

The hospital yesterday announced they won't relaese the babies to her until Social Services okays it and she has to have a PROPER home for them with definite experienced care in place. So she may never get those babies...

#175962 - 02/28/09 01:51 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: chatty lady]
Ellemm Offline

I hear what you are saying, chatty, but as crazy and messed-up as Suleman's ideas and motives seem to be, I'm not aware of any exhibitionistic tendencies on her part. She seems to have focused her considerable energies on figuring out how to have children. I don't see where that translates into desiring a [censored] career. You know, just because someone might be a shopaholic doesn't mean she's also cruel to animals; things are not necessarily connected. Suleman seems to be obsessed with having children; I have no idea what else drives her.

Seriously, I doubt she'll take these folks up on their offer, but a million dollars is still a lot of money. I don't assume that people who are prostitutes or [censored] actors or sex phone operators are without morals. I figure most of them got into it through drugs, lack of skills, or just ordinary people who need money. I also don't assume that nice people who are churchgoers are necessarily fine, upstanding citizens. I have seen too many people say one thing and do another.

#175964 - 02/28/09 02:08 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Ellemm]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I for one can vouch for most phone sex operators, its the money that attracts them or the fact that they are writing a book on the subject and want information, but thats a rare reason, I know, ask me! As far as them being drug addicts or having no skills, what they do if done correctly takes a lot of skill. You make money only by keeping some guy on the phone and making him think he is just marvelous, try it sometime, it is not an easy task. Especially if you choose NOT to be graphic and/or vulgar, that is an operators choice.

I know a woman well who did phone sex for years to raise two sons alone, never has done drugs, and made good money and has an IQ of 135. She is a writer, published over 43 books of Erotica, plus over a dozen other genres. She still writes, edits other writers manuscripts, and ghostwrites professionally, AND just recently after two years away from it, has taken up the art of phone fantasy again due to unexpected, additional money problems which have surfaced through no fault of her own. Can you guess who I'm talking about? You might be surprised!

#175979 - 02/28/09 01:23 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: chatty lady]
Ellemm Offline

Yeah, I did guess. Interesting. Were you using bad language or swearing in your posts here? Because I wasn't and some of my words were censored, which seems a bit odd. I'm going to assume you were using the same words I was. Guess I haven't found the accepted word list for the site. I guess we should call it the censored industry. Oh well.

Anyway, I know a lot of people are down on their luck, their morals, and their brains to get into the censored industries, but I figure plenty of folks are just clear-headed and making money. If someone offered me a million dollars I might turn it down if it was really gross, but I'd sure stop and think what I could do with all that money first.

#175981 - 02/28/09 04:48 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Ellemm]
celtic_flame Offline

i thought it was realitivly hard to get into [censored] indistry thinking about tv movies heer, as it depends on physical health, test being passed (no one wants to pass on std to the [censored] stats who are worth a lot) and often having good bodies male and females and some decent acting skills, limited but decent acting skills.

i watch [censored] a family bussness, the son his uncle and mum all do movies famous man in usa, first part of stage name is cemore...anyway it showes how hard it is to write produce film and distribute in the indistrie.

Don't know what it is like starting out.

so afraid no drug users of anything contagies anymore just people who chose it as a carrer for variety of reasons.

no i don't use the stuff myself, just intrested in that programe.

unless she has a tummie tuck she look quite wibbily and strange would't she?

#175982 - 02/28/09 04:48 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

prawens = [censored] lol.

#176009 - 03/01/09 01:11 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: celtic_flame]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

If you want to use a word that gets censored just hit edit and put a dash between each letter...It trips up the censor. No words I used should be words needing to be censored.

#176035 - 03/01/09 01:49 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Because of spam, there is a rather large censor system set up here. Trust me, it's better to have it and have occasional problems , than not to have it at all.

#176053 - 03/01/09 09:16 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

OOPS! If you want to delete that last post of mine Dotsie, go ahead. I tried but couldn't. You're right better to have a censor than let the spammers come in a reek havoc.

#176066 - 03/01/09 10:01 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: chatty lady]
Ellemm Offline

Ahh, thanks for the explanation. It's easy to forget what goes on behind the scenes. I didn't *think* anyone was sitting there crossing out words! How quickly we have all learned to refer to spam regarding computers instead of a mystery meat in a can.

#176144 - 03/02/09 10:24 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Its like playing Russian roulette Anne. One day the chamber will be the one with the bullet in it and will blow their head off.

I don't mind the phones as no one is actually meeting let alone touching, etc. its all just harmless talk.

Hundreds in the p-o-r-n business have contacted HIV and gotten full blown aids and many have died. I am told they are tested as much as twice a week now, but still??? Ick!

If I were starving in the street I would NEVER work in that industry. Maybe I'm chicken but sexy talking is about all I am willing to do. I can't imagine being touched by a stranger, yuk! Maybe being celibut for 29 years has sometrhing to do with my attitude!!!

#176184 - 03/03/09 02:47 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I read an interesting book written by a member of the NABBW, Sue Silverman. She was addicted to sex and kicked the habit. I think many of the people who are doing this are hyper-sexual, or addicted to sex. Something I'd never considered until I read her book.

#176298 - 03/04/09 08:47 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Hey not to change the subject but Dr. Phil is having Octumom on his show today. if anyones interested.

#176427 - 03/05/09 10:32 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Saw it last night and wasn't surprised. She had left the oldest
child home alone watching the others. She was only six I believe at the time. I listened to her talking to Dr. Phil and tried to be as opon minded as I could be, BUT believe me that chick is looney tounes big time.

#176497 - 03/07/09 07:45 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: ]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

what, Anne327, you don't consider Scam Artist Scum to be a legitimate occupation?

And why is everyone so upset about a 6-year-old being left to take care of 5 younger kids? I mean, the kid couldn't possibly do a worse job than the "mother"...

Poet and essayist

#176506 - 03/07/09 04:50 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: meredithbead]
MLJEditor Offline

Loc: Cape Cod
I think OctuMom - Nadya Suleman - is in need of great compassion. From what I have learned on the media, she is coming apart at the seams... and does not know it. I have a close friend who had six kids, one year apart, for six years. She almost went out of her mind. Can't imagine what having six all at once would be like!!!

Edited by MLJEditor (03/07/09 04:52 PM)
My website: http://www.circlegraphics.com

#176549 - 03/08/09 10:55 AM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: ]
celtic_flame Offline

mlj editer
hiand nice to meet you.

i not up to speed with all she dose but also belive she needs some compasion and help especiallie since the kids have been born and perhapps needed it before she concived.

apart from the gawpping at her as if she a freek wha is happeningtoher and thekids?

#176555 - 03/08/09 01:55 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: celtic_flame]
Ellemm Offline

Celtic, this was her life plan: to have a huge family. And because she is both disturbed *and* smart, she has managed to get herself this far. Our helping systems did not break down in her case. People here are not entitled to demand that the state finance their family plans. We are entitled to temporary help and permanent help in special circumstances, like disability. I think the only people who might have managed to make her think a bit are her parents. If they had refused to pay for her room and board a long time ago, she might have done things differently.

She does, however, talk about all her embryos as needing to have been born, so I really have no idea what she would have done. You know, sometimes people start these huge engines without thinking about the challenges or consequences.

I imagine some people will provide assistance to her and suspect that others are reluctant to lend a helping hand because they feel she'll just use them the way she has everyone else in her life. (maybe even try to have more kids!) She's not the first nut to have children, you know, just the first to have octoplets.

As far as I know, they are planning to move into a larger home. How this has been financed I do not know because the house they are living in now is in arrears financially. Apparently none of the octoplets will be released to come home until the hospital decides that the living arrangements are suitable, so there we are.

You know, if she's telling the truth and really just wanted that 7th child -- not that that was ever a good idea considering her circumstances -- we never would have heard about her. She could have lived anonymously. Not well, but anonymously. Now the state child welfare people will be watching her every step and maybe that's the best we can all hope for.

#176657 - 03/10/09 12:15 PM Re: Sulemans Octuplets [Re: Ellemm]
celtic_flame Offline

well id agreewith high intrest cases it dose attract social work and a lot of attension.
as for her having to have a house big enough is of realitivlie little importanses when faced with care demands that she and kids face or kids need.

she hopfullie has enoughcash to pay for a bigger house as i sureshe being paid for all tv and media apperanses, hopfullie this will take some burdone off your wellfaire system.

anyone got a mesure on how religious she is and perhapps thats behind her "all embreos needed to be born"

time will tell, i see nuthing moralie wrong inher cashing in on her situasion to generate a way care for kids but can we say thiswas her life plann all along? to have this manny kids IN ORDER to have media attension to pay for them.

its a certine moral delema for people generallie as to what they will pay for or should be expected to pay for, ie paying to support the kids via tax means alone

if she is nuts i do hope the kids are protectedif its a dangerise nuts and she recives help from a gentile source, that all i was hoping for just some understanding for her if she is mentalie unwell and after understanding them some care

#176784 - 03/11/09 08:41 PM Seventeen + One [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Well I know where Shulman may have gotten her idea, from two reality shows now on TV. One is Don & Kate makes Eight, the cameras follow them around filming the intracasies of a family with twins and then sixtuplets. The husband works and her family pitched in in the beginning but it's still a rough road. Adorable kids though and the mom, Kate, looks like a teenager. Their show is ending this month and a new one takes its place called Twelve at the Table. Ten kids and two parents! Don't know if it will be a good one or not.

But the one I watch and admire is Family of Seventeen + One, Michelle the mom just gave birth to her eighteenth child which was delivered by cesarian because the baby was sideways. This couple has had all their children one by one and they are TOTALLY SELF SUFFICENT. They bought, years ago, a piece at a time, several rental properties which supports them now, he made warehouses storage space from an old delapidated chicken coop farm he remodeled himself into commercial storage spaces, and they make almost all their own clothes, make soap, buy in bulk, shop the second hand stores, and are frugal in everything they purchase and do. They own a huge, lovely home with nine bathrooms and all of these darling, well behaved, healthy kids pitch in. It is an amazing show to watch and learn from. The mom is teaching the boys to cook and clean and the dad is teaching his girls how to change oil in a car, change a tire etc. They want the kids all to be self sufficient.

They do all things in the name of God. Now this is a remarkable reality show. I kid you not and the parents as well as the children just simply exude health and wholesome good looks. It is a pleasure to watch these amazing down to earth people go about their daily lives.

#176804 - 03/11/09 10:29 PM Re: Seventeen + One [Re: chatty lady]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Originally Posted By: chatty lady
Well I know where Shulman may have gotten her idea, from two reality shows now on TV. One is Don & Kate makes Eight, the cameras follow them around filming the intracasies of a family with twins and then sixtuplets. The husband works and her family pitched in in the beginning but it's still a rough road. Adorable kids though and the mom, Kate, looks like a teenager. Their show is ending this month and a new one takes its place called Twelve at the Table. Ten kids and two parents! Don't know if it will be a good one or not.

But the one I watch and admire is Family of Seventeen + One, Michelle the mom just gave birth to her eighteenth child which was delivered by cesarian because the baby was sideways. This couple has had all their children one by one and they are TOTALLY SELF SUFFICENT. They bought, years ago, a piece at a time, several rental properties which supports them now, he made warehouses storage space from an old delapidated chicken coop farm he remodeled himself into commercial storage spaces, and they make almost all their own clothes, make soap, buy in bulk, shop the second hand stores, and are frugal in everything they purchase and do. They own a huge, lovely home with nine bathrooms and all of these darling, well behaved, healthy kids pitch in. It is an amazing show to watch and learn from. The mom is teaching the boys to cook and clean and the dad is teaching his girls how to change oil in a car, change a tire etc. They want the kids all to be self sufficient.

They do all things in the name of God. Now this is a remarkable reality show. I kid you not and the parents as well as the children just simply exude health and wholesome good looks. It is a pleasure to watch these amazing down to earth people go about their daily lives.

I have seen a few episodes of Don & Kate Make Eight.
Interesting about the new show of 10 children.

And that show with 18 children. Good grief.

I have an in-person friend whose father comes from a family of 17 children. Actually 4 are dead already. Not sure if miscarriage or early childhood illness or what. She has an uncle on another side of family who comes from a family of 24 children. It is possible there were also some miscarriages. Actually until recently families in the province of Quebec did tend to be larger..the Catholic faith and other French-Canadian cultural attitudes promoted it in the past.

I did watch the tv show that I mentioned earlier, ...at times ...out of sheer curiosity. One can't help but compare against one's own family.

For a big family to be self-sufficient, it would take alot of physical stamina and patience among the parents to maintain a life of self-sufficiency. I actually think..it's quite stressful..even with well-behaved children where the older children are delegated with some childcare responsibilities.

We must not forget that the life expectancy of the parents when there were less household conveniences (and I'm not talking about junk food nor TV dinners. :)), was simply shorter.

It's admirable some people want huge families, but coming from a family where I grew up with 5 siblings and all 6 of us were born over 10-year period, I did see the toll on my parents. And it was a family, where the older kids, including myself were required to help with household chores as young as 8 yrs. old.

And they tried to be self-sufficient with big firm limits, ie. our garden only grew 3 types of veggies, our clothes were sewn (Mom, then later her daughters), we rarely ate junk/convenience foods, so whole food cooking style, no car until I was 15 yrs. old., etc. It is true that self-sufficiency can lead to a more team tendency of doing stuff. But not every child was happy every time either. Somebody is bound to rebel..strongly.

yes, it sure shapes a person's upbringing, it made each of us more "resilient" for life's challenges, but I would not wish the demands of a large family on any parent(s).

It's affected me personally....that I chose not to have children after witnessing great stress on my parents.

#176809 - 03/12/09 02:32 AM Re: Seventeen + One [Re: orchid]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Thats why these parents are so remarkable and until you actually watch the show to see that for yourself you or no one should compare them to other familys with many children. I am not impressed easily but these two people have done the impossible and so far none of the children seem rebellious. One son just got married and he and his new wife also say they would love to be like their parents.

These parents do without very little but they make so much themselves and he is extremely talented with his hands. When young and newly married they began by planning for the future, and they are and have been totally debt free now for years.

Like I said, watch the show!

#176811 - 03/12/09 03:55 AM Re: Seventeen + One [Re: chatty lady]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Hey, chatty believe me I'm impressed. A home with 9 bathrooms..sounds like a big family that does not have typical in terms of accommodations for most big families worldwide. smile

We had 1 bathroom for 8 people for lst 20 years of life.
I'm sure they are ok and normal like us, not superhuman..but tv only shows 1 slice of a family's life, not the whole lifecycle of the family..the good and not-so-good.

Like probably a few other BWMS members, I come from an extended family of big families. My mother came from a family of 8 children. Then a set of cousins in my generation, 7 kids...and all from same mother. And so on. The tree branches are starting to look like clumps of bushes. laugh

One great thing though...a big family..provides tremendous pyschological cushion for any family members at any time, who might be on the verge of feeling lonely in this world or feel they are losing perspective in their solo existence. One is comforted that there IS an automatic birth network of people who want to know about your existence. At least in my family.

#176895 - 03/12/09 11:34 PM Re: Seventeen + One [Re: orchid]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I like the comparison made between the family tree branches starting to resemble clumps of bushes, now thats funny!

#177047 - 03/14/09 01:09 PM Re: Seventeen + One [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

i love to see that show your talking about chattie, think it be worth the watching.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved