The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 102 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 10 of 17 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#174716 - 02/15/09 04:21 PM Re: Preparations for divorce [Re: Di]
Expat Offline

Hi Di,

Yes, that's true. I'm back again because I always think of more things after I post something! Maybe this is a better way of describing it, Jabber...as if I was a hired hand. He just worked all the time and didn't want anything to do with us. It was as if we were intruding on his life. He was more interested in saving money than spending time with his family. Sad, but true. Now he wants us to forget that part of it and carry on as if nothing was wrong. Like your husband, a product of his upbringing, but that could only be used as an excuse for his actions.

Edited by Expat (02/15/09 04:22 PM)

#174717 - 02/15/09 04:29 PM Re: Preparations for divorce [Re: Expat]
Expat Offline

That is exactly how I felt, Mustang! Trapped, like a caged animal and one shouldn't feel that way within a marriage. So, you are much happier now?

#174718 - 02/15/09 04:30 PM Re: Preparations for divorce [Re: Expat]
Expat Offline

I will be leaving soon to go to Mother in law's for dinner, but I'll be back tomorrow.

#174719 - 02/15/09 04:39 PM Re: Preparations for divorce [Re: Expat]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Expat........people have a CHOICE to BE a product of their upbringing or not. NO ONE, especially a husband, should RULE. It should all be out of "love" not demand and dictatorship.

I have a friend whose mother (at age 15) gave her up when she was very small, to her birth father. Not until my friend was 16 did she go back to her mother. Her mother, now, is very cold and has lots if "issues"...very atheistic, pouts, has no motherly instinct (my friend is 62!) and even passes this onto her dogs.....she actually "does not talk to her dogs" and closes them into a bedroom to punish them. The reason I say this is that my friend's conclusion is this: Because her mother never raised kids AND was selfish to begin with, her "nurture" never got developed, per her own choice. Therefore; a cold, unfeeling human being is walking around with not "spirit of God' in her.

This made me think of your situation. He never got "into" raising kids.......so he never learned how to care, sacrifice, love etc. TOO LATE NOW!!! YOU, Expat, deserve much, much better.....you deserve to be loved and acknowledged for what you are very capable, and willing, to give back to someone who appreciates you. We shall reap what we sow.

God wants his children to BE loved, as He first loved us. He sacrificed His own Son to die on a cross. THAT is love!!

Edited by Di (02/15/09 04:44 PM)

#174721 - 02/15/09 04:43 PM Re: Preparations for divorce [Re: Expat]
Expat Offline

Originally Posted By: jabber
IMO, if two people love each other, marriage should keep itself
alive. Respect, admiration, celebrating each other's humanity,
ought to be the spark that light's the fire! Go ahead and laugh
at me. But that's my opinion!

Sadly, the love is gone in mine, but I agree with you 100%. It also goes along with Dotsie's quote in her recent newsletter.

May we love others so that every ounce of their potential oozes from them. And equally important, may we recognize the people in our lives who are helping us reach our potential, our reality. And lastly, if we aren't feeling loved, may we seek to find people at midlife who are willing to build us up as we do the same for them.

Gotta go.

#174741 - 02/15/09 08:39 PM Re: Preparations for divorce [Re: Di]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Expat, there are no time limitations on readiness. It happens when it happens, and when it does you will know and act accordingly. In the meantime get things ready both mentally and financially for your exit.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#174838 - 02/16/09 04:18 PM Re: Preparations for divorce [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Expat,
I just want you to be happy; do what makes you happy. This is
my 2nd marriage. And I'm content and happy. But you need to do
what makes you happy. If the guy has stuff you cannot overlook,
than only you know that. Do what's right for you. I don't want
to sound preachy or know-it-all, because I don't. I overlook
a lot of stuff that some women would not. My 1st hubby ran around with women and hungout all night. This guy is a stay at home sort. I like that. He overlooks my shortcomings too. You do what will make your life whatever you desire it to be. Lately, I was told, and it warmed my heart, go in grace. I think grace means the favor of God.
Prayers and blessings...

#174864 - 02/16/09 05:56 PM Re: Preparations for divorce [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Expat, I'm glad to hear that spoke to you. Those were my thoughts after reading that quote. And that to me is what our midlives have to be about. And it doesn't always have to be a man that loves us into your potential. Sometimes it's a sister or girlfriend. But it shouldn't be our husband who is tearing us down. That's just not right.

#174941 - 02/17/09 02:46 PM Re: Preparations for divorce [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Husbands are suppose to lift us up and encourage us and be our
buttress and support. They're somewhere to run to for courage and safe harbor. The rest of the world does enough tearing
down, nobody needs that at the homefront, too. Good luck in
whatever you do, Expat! We'll be praying for you!

#174952 - 02/17/09 03:49 PM Re: Preparations for divorce [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Jabber, well said!

Page 10 of 17 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved