The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 210 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#174508 - 02/13/09 04:52 PM iPhone
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Okay, how many of you have one and absolutely love it??!!

I got one for my anniversary in January and I'm totally in love with mine. I can access the Internet, read my e-mail, run applications, read books, you name it.. and it does it!!
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#174516 - 02/13/09 05:47 PM Re: iPhone [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Not I. However I've seen them in action. Our youngest son has one and they are unbelievable. I especially love the navigation system. He used it for getting around NYC when he first moved there and it never failed him. It's like having an encyclopedia and then some in your pocket. I have some mod (like you) boomer friends/family who have them. Very cool.

Now what do you think they can do to top this? Or has it already been done. I'll have to ask my kids.

#174538 - 02/13/09 07:26 PM Re: iPhone [Re: Dotsie]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I would have one in a heartbeat if they weren't tied to AT&T. One of my co-workers has one. Some of the apps available for it are so cool - like the level! It's amazing what you can do with it.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#174549 - 02/13/09 08:45 PM Re: iPhone [Re: yonuh]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
My 38 yr old stepson has one and he LOVES it. He tells his Dad that it's the BEST, but I need to find out what pitfalls it has as well. I'll report back when I learn!

#174645 - 02/14/09 10:41 PM Re: iPhone [Re: Di]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

well, I guess the only pitfall so far is it's tied to one carrier. AT&T.

And, it's basically dedicated to a platform. Mac, I guess. since it's an (i)Phone.

but, I don't consider the carrier the problem, (right now) :-)

We'll see how well the service is in more remote areas. I did have some problems in the mountains of Tucson while I was there. I actually got better service while in the BATHROOM of one place than while I was OUTSIDE. Go figure!
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#174651 - 02/14/09 11:25 PM Re: iPhone [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
We had AT&T here in Tucson and couldn't get service inside the house. We had to go outside to use the cell phone - not too cool for business calls! And since AT&T was one of the companies that turned over info to the Government, no questions asked, I wouldn't trust them again. We're using Credo mobile now and can use our cells anywhere in the house and everywhere else, too.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#174942 - 02/17/09 02:48 PM Re: iPhone [Re: yonuh]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

I just loaded a list application that is to DIE for. Anyone who keeps lists would love it. I'm so obsessive compulsive about lists. I have them everywhere in the house. This is PERFECT for me.

They have an application called SHAZAM. Basically it's a song finder. Any song you hear. On the radio. In a movie. Listening on the street. Anywhere your iPhone can "hear" it. You run the Shazam application and it will tell you the name and artist of the song. If it was used in a movie, and where you can buy it. Awesome app. Especially for watching tv and hearing a song in a movie and wanting to know what it is. Just break out the iPhone and "shazam" there it is!
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#174950 - 02/17/09 03:47 PM Re: iPhone [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Do you pay extra for these applications, or is it all included in one monthly bill. And do you mind me askign what that monthly bill is? I'm curious.

We've always had a family plan so we could talk with one another for FREE. Now that Jon has an Iphone, he pays his phone bills, and I know ti's much more than we were paying for the fmaily plan.

#174951 - 02/17/09 03:48 PM Re: iPhone [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Vicki,when you talk aobut lists, do you mean a daily list of things to do? Are you keeping that on there, or do you mean music lists?

#175083 - 02/18/09 06:21 PM Re: iPhone [Re: Dotsie]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Dotsie, Shazam is free.. the iPhone applications are mostly free or of minimal cost. you pay a onetime fee to purchase them and then you own them and download them to your phone and you use them forever.

The Lists application I have has 10 lists that it comes with and you can create as many as you want, groceries, music, cards, budget, movies, to do, gifts, books, etc. It costs 7.99

Yes, I think the AT&T bill is probably more expensive than other plans. my husband's was around 88 a month (that's the lowest minutes and stuff). Now, we're adding my plan to his.

Yes, my iPhone is also an iPod. So, I can load all of my music on it and listen to it.

I can also access my e-mail and can use Safari to browse the Internet.

Oh, and it is a phone too! :-)
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved