The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 43 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#179668 - 04/08/09 07:30 PM Re: skin cancer update - off, like a prom dress! [Re: Saundra]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Okay, it wasn't quite that easy.

The biospy was last week and I lived in denial all week. It was a low grade, sun-related skin cancer - the best to get!!!

A small procedure in the office (thank G-d) instead of a real surgery with stitches. Still, 2 needles in the right cheek, below the cheekbone, and that cutting and scraping pressure is not pleasant. And it will hurt tonight and tomorrow.

I love Dr. Possick. He helped me through it with humor and told me it won't look good for months. I so appreciate his honesty.

Don't everyone come over with cupcakes at once. Spread 'em out.

Stay pale. cry
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#179696 - 04/08/09 10:23 PM Re: skin cancer update - off, like a prom dress! [Re: Saundra]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thank the Lord the worst is over. I will send you some cyber cupcakes today, a chocolate with coconut and cherry frosting.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#179706 - 04/08/09 11:21 PM Re: skin cancer update - off, like a prom dress! [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Yipee! All is well!

#179717 - 04/09/09 06:40 AM Re: skin cancer update - off, like a prom dress! [Re: jawjaw]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I second that, JJ! Gosh, Saundra. I had'nt come across your earlier posts on this and I am glad it's all done and dusted now.

#179724 - 04/09/09 09:32 AM Re: skin cancer update - off, like a prom dress! [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Oh yes Saundra...stay pale is right! I have had so many sunburns, it is a wonder that I don't have any skin problems yet. So glad you are healing.

#179737 - 04/09/09 12:47 PM Re: skin cancer update - off, like a prom dress! [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
My cupcake is chocolate with chocolate icing. Enjoy.

Make sure you keep it protected from the sun while it's healing.

I've started wearing sunglasses AND a viser on the beach. I know I look like a geek, but it's so much more comfortable and safe. Gone are those teen days of lathering up with Johnson's Baby Oil. What were we thinking?

I remember lying out in the backyard on a beach towel the weekend before prom, trying my darndest to get some color.

#179772 - 04/09/09 03:32 PM Re: skin cancer update - off, like a prom dress! [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Saundra,
Glad the worst is over. Good luck and stay safe. My MIL had
5 spots taken off. I took her an Easter present yesterday and
she does not look well. She had several small patches on her
forehead. And the area on her nose looked sore. Prayin' for
everybody. And will keep on, keeping on!

#179797 - 04/09/09 09:57 PM Re: skin cancer update - off, like a prom dress! [Re: jabber]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Saundra, I have just caught this, and wish you the best. Sounds like you may not look perfect for a bit, but you will be living for a while. And that's darn good.

My cupcakes should arrive soon. A nice white cake with caramel frosting. Sweet, but delish.

How did you discover the thing? Did someone else tell you to go to the doc, or did you do it on your own?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#179825 - 04/10/09 12:12 PM Re: skin cancer update - off, like a prom dress! [Re: Anno]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Ladies, I love the cupcakes. I found a box of brownie mix in the cupboard...hmmmm.

Anno, I lost my job in January, my doctor died in February and in March I thought I had stress-related adult acne. Then it grew. Then it felt wrong when I touched it. In two weeks I was afraid of it.

My new doctor said it was cancer and go see a dermatologist. I called and had the biopsy on April 1st (bad joke). One week later he removed the cancer.

I looked at it yesterday - I swear he used a melon ball scooper. Then I got nauseaus(sp?) and cried. I had no idea skin is so thick.

This morning it looks smaller than I thought, but it's deep so I will put a bandaid over it when I leave home. Yikes. Every time I think I have it together, something goes wrong - just like real life!

Yes, Dotsie, what were we thinking, even us redheads? I needed a job with insurance and I worked outside for 5 years knowing I wasn't suppposed to be in the sun. Now I pay.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#179832 - 04/10/09 01:00 PM Re: skin cancer update - off, like a prom dress! [Re: Saundra]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Saundra Goodman,
Any relation to Len Goodman on "Dancing With The Stars?" You're not the only person who should've stayed out of the sun. As a kid, I worked in the fields in summertime. Dad always had a farmer's tan; I tan easily and am dark complexioned but still got way too many sunburns. My MIL is light skinned. And you, being a redhead, sound like you're light skinned. Take care of yourself! Prayers and blessings... Here's praying for 100% healing 4 U & MIL!

Edited by jabber (04/11/09 01:35 PM)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved